Mark Crossfield and Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO

Danimal

Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO Enthusiast
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mark Crossfield and Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO have entered into a sponsorship deal. Pretty Cool!

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Interesting- wasn’t he in an OEM partnership with Taylormade before, a couple of years ago?

OhioGolfer

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Weather
Interesting- wasn’t he in an OEM partnership with Taylormade before, a couple of years ago?
Titleist I believe

chile

meat popsicle
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
related but off topic ;)...debating about a full set of UHX iron(s) versus buying a set of CBX irons...love my Launcher HBs. but back to Mark, he does seem pretty keen on the Cleveland lineup.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
related but off topic ;)...debating about a full set of UHX iron(s) versus buying a set of CBX irons...love my Launcher HBs. but back to Mark, he does seem pretty keen on the Cleveland lineup.

bahaha I kid I kid. Cleveland makes great stuff so I’m not terribly surprised.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Titleist I believe
Thanks, mind is the second thing to go, I can’t remember the first

Cleveland stuff has been really good for me this year, definitely some hard choices

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I’m torn, I am fond of Cleveland and Srixon products but I find Crossfield insufferable.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m torn, I am fond of Cleveland and Srixon products but I find Crossfield insufferable.
You aren’t alone in both of those thoughts.

Danimal

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
He has always been complimentary on the gear. He is using clubs from all three lines as well as the Asics shoe. I know he can rub people the wrong way, but I have always liked him. I am looking forward to the partnership.

aljaklaw

2019 THP/BG Co-Champion
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
I like his stuff (mostly). I don't care who he has stitched on his jacket.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5.7 Grint
That should be interesting. Some of his videos are hard to watch but generally they are good.

Danimal

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The new XXIO driver with the lite shaft is in his bag. I am interested in how that works for him.

YukonLiving

2019 Small Batch
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
This is interesting. He also hinted that Titleist had offered to renew the sponsorship. I wonder why the change now, other than “to try something different”.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is interesting. He also hinted that Titleist had offered to renew the sponsorship. I wonder why the change now, other than “to try something different”.
I’m guessing money.

djt311

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I enjoy Crossfield's content most of the time. I can see how he rubs people the wrong way but I enjoy the less seriousness of his reviews and course vlogs. I think he does fair reviews on equipment even though he has sponsorships. I look forward to following him and the new gear.

Desmond

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am with you on Crossfield. When I watched, not a lot of data, but a lot of opinion. Oh well, we all have different tastes. Viva la difference.

aljaklaw

2019 THP/BG Co-Champion
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
I am with you on Crossfield. When I watched, not a lot of data, but a lot of opinion. Oh well, we all have different tastes. Viva la difference.
what data are you looking for from him?

chile

meat popsicle
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That should be interesting. Some of his videos are hard to watch but generally they are good.
I think he's entertaining more than I thought he would be initially...and I find his subjective feedback useful as opposed to strictly gc quad #s...

Desmond

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
what data are you looking for from him?
I haven't watched him in over 2 years, so what the hey, he may have changed - I remember his review of the G400 v. G400 Max - It was like, Max is 5% biggger - it's the schiznit! I owned both for over a year - could not decide which to keep but did keep Max because the bigger, the more forgiving but my longest drive? The G400, and better sound. I remember lots of subjectivity in one vid. I tuned him out. But hey, we're all different. I liked him for a couple of years but grew tired of him. I really don't care. If you enjoy, enjoy.

dcorun

Reaction score
Handicap
I wonder what happened with Titleist? I played Cleveland years ago before they went to just wedges. IMHO they provide the best clubs for the best price. I will be looking at the UHX later in 2020 currently playing the CBX irons and wedges. Mark has his good videos and bad just like everyone on YouTube.

LSMO

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Interesting move for sure, I would guess it’s for the money or maybe Titleist wouldn’t renew?

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.6
I continue to feel as I did when another prominent YouTube reviewer was a regular on an OEM’s TV show and received money from them. Professional reviewers lose their credibility when they are on an OEM’s payroll, and shouldn’t do it.

Paladin

Okayest Golfer Ever
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think it's a win for both parties. Cleveland get probably one of the top-5 golf YouTube personalities, Crossfield gets to shed some of the pretentiousness that I think gets associated with Titleist. The comment section for that video seems to kinda prove that. A lot of people kinda surprised that Mark would start using "more affordable" clubs.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Really interesting move there. Big exposure move for Cleveland/XXIO/Srixon.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsccalper
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Isn't Crossfield the guy that went full douchebag because TaylorMade wouldn't send him their stuff for free?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in