Mark Crossfield and Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO

cool ! Mark Crossfield is one of my favorite golf personality.....just a fun, positive and happy guy. He keeps everything real.

I think this is a good deal for both of them. Mark gets some support from an OEM and Cleveland/Srixon gets someone with a ton of online presence.

I thinkI said this about Schiels before though that I don't really like a reviewer to have a coract with one particular brand. It takes away the non bias to me and I don't buy in to their opinion as much.

Crossfield is the only YouTube golf celebrity I know of who does not put up fake shot yardage distance numbers.

Good for him and those of us that enjoy Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO product. I love his content and his pursuit for people to be their own judge and get fitted.

Use to watch Mark quite a bit, but now I find his videos too opinionated and not without bias.

Isn't Crossfield the guy that went full douchebag because TaylorMade wouldn't send him their stuff for free?
He made a video to that effect, yes. I put it on par with certain other companies that say, "Company X didn't submit their product for this test, BUT THAT'S OK! We went out and bought their product because we care about you getting the info!"

Relationships change, marketing departments and their means and ends ebb and flow and people say and do what they need to to drive traffic. Acting like he's the only person where this happens and the only entity that throws a fit about it is silly.

I take every YouTube reviewer’s pitch for what they are...they are trying to make a living. What I do like about Mark C is that he hits the ball about same distance as myself as well as his sidekick. Some of the others...hmmmm, I’m a little sceptical based on their swing.

He made a video to that effect, yes. I put it on par with certain other companies that say, "Company X didn't submit their product for this test, BUT THAT'S OK! We went out and bought their product because we care about you getting the info!"

Relationships change, marketing departments and their means and ends ebb and flow and people say and do what they need to to drive traffic. Acting like he's the only person where this happens and the only entity that throws a fit about it is silly.
I don't think I ever implied that he's the only person where its happens. But thanks a ton for assuming.(y)

I do remember that it left an impression when I watched it and decided that his "content" wasn't for me. I hope I survive.

For what it's worth, I don't remember anyone else that specifically posted a video calling out an OEM because they didn't send their product out gratis but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time). I don't follow any of these YouTube influencers to begin with.

What happened to Titleist ? He was always a homer of them. Cool to see more attention to Cleveland/Srixon

Good move for both IMO, and I was surprised by it.

That’s pretty interesting. He was really honking the Titleist horn for the last two years and I enjoyed some of his content. I’m interested to see where this goes.

That will be an entertaining follow since Mark is all over social media. Having Noelle involved will be a great pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be an entertaining follow since Mark is all over social media. Having Noelle involved will be a great pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing money.
I think you’re probably right... either way, I think it’s a good move and excited to see what this will bring. Seeing an influencer move to another brand might bring some other insights into play.

I thoroughly enjoy Crossfield and the Muppets. I don’t really watch much club reviews they do, mostly the course vlogs. While I get some people find less utility in his reviews because of his sponsorships (Lockey is with Callaway too), he’s far more than a club “reviewer,” racking up loads of views/likes. Love the move on Srixon/Cleveland’s part.

I like Mark Crossfield videos, but I feel like he should probably stop doing so many reviews of new equipment if he is signed to a brand. One thing I will note though is that it doesn't seem to taint his reviews as he has been quite critical of Titleist while he was being sponsored by them. He also seemed like a fanboy at times as well though. I think he puts equipment in it's proper place for improvement too. He is not telling anyone that new equipment will drastically improve your game or that one company's clubs are way better than the others. They all make great equipment and you can play your best golf with any brand, just get fit and get the angles and shafts correct. From there your score is only going to improve with you playing better golf. He stresses that and I like it.

So recently he did a blade iron video where he seemed to have a go at Srixon due to the low spinning nature of the Z-Forged blade, and picked the Titleist as his favourite, yet he is now signing a deal with Srixon and put some of the blades in his bag

I said it from the start that as soon as they sign a club sponsorship deal with someone they lose all credibility in my eyes

im surprised, but not totally shocked. Dan loved the z785 driver when it came out and Mark really liked the performance of the Cleveland driver other than sound. with him picking up some swing speed im surprised hes playing the XXIO

im surprised, but not totally shocked. Dan loved the z785 driver when it came out and Mark really liked the performance of the Cleveland driver other than sound. with him picking up some swing speed im surprised hes playing the XXIO

his review of the xxio was pretty decent though. He increases head speed, spin was favorable for him, and I think he liked thedispersion he also mentioned liking the smaller grip due to his smaller hands haha.

I can only take Crossfield in small doses. As a club company I would hat it shtick. His "their all the same", "shaft doesn't matter" attitude gets old. Probably because I think he is wrong.

I can only take Crossfield in small doses. As a club company I would hat it shtick. His "their all the same", "shaft doesn't matter" attitude gets old. Probably because I think he is wrong.

He is wrong.

:cool:

I'm excited about this new partnership with Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO. His bag setup is the exact opposite of an internet golfer which really makes me happy. Cleveland's products are just as good as anything else on the market. It will be interesting to see him on his course vlogs with a stock Launcher HB Turbo driver!

Crossfield is entertaining, and his annoying opinions and behavior are part of the entertainment. I've enjoyed Dan and Coach in the mix. Good to see him moving on from Titleist. When I started watching him, he was playing Mizuno. Seeing his experience play out with Srixon et al. will be fun to track. He's a goof nut.

Great move for Cleveland/Srixon.

I like watching his content, I think hes a smart dude.

So recently he did a blade iron video where he seemed to have a go at Srixon due to the low spinning nature of the Z-Forged blade, and picked the Titleist as his favourite, yet he is now signing a deal with Srixon and put some of the blades in his bag

I said it from the start that as soon as they sign a club sponsorship deal with someone they lose all credibility in my eyes

I'm a Crossfield fan so I could be biased. He picked the best setup for his game. If the Z-Forged blade from 6-7 wasn't any better on spin or dispersion than the Z785, then there is no need to lose the slightly extra forgiveness of the cavity back iron.

Back