Mark Crossfield and Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO

I like watching his stuff. He is fun and entertaining.

I believe he is referring to an exclusive sponsor.
If the end result is even, there is no difference in taking the same amount from every company as there is zero from every company.
Nailed it and beat me to it

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I believe he is referring to an exclusive sponsor.
If the end result is even, there is no difference in taking the same amount from every company as there is zero from every company.

Nailed it and beat me to it

Got it. I was just curious where you drew the line.

I like MC’s videos. I look at all these “review” videos as an overview of clubs and not reviews. I don’t have access locally to much new stuff so I can at least see what clubs look and sound like. His videos with his buddies are pretty damn funny. And it’s nice to see guys on YT that hit bad shots, don’t hit 300yd drives, and actually get out on the course instead of banging balls into a screen

MC had his new clubs on course the last two videos. Looks like the clubs really suit him. He is striping the XXIO driver long and straight. He has a HB Launcher 6i in the bag and put two great shots on with it today. I am definitely a Srixon/Cleveland Homer and I really like Crossfield so it is highly entertaining for me.

So cRossfield was head to toe Titleist FJ in 2019 and much of 18. Before that he was Callaway/Under Armour. While I am sure money played a part I think Cleveland/Srixon offered him other PR opportunities and way more options for building a bag and he does tend to like unorthodox bag set ups.

While th shaft does make a difference I am in the minority in that it doesn't make nearly the difference that many player think it does. He did a video with a player that had a high end shaft and he got nearly the same numbers from an inexpensive shaft. I also agree that chasing 2 yards with a driver is a waste of energy as you are likely still hitting the same club in.

related but off topic ;)...debating about a full set of UHX iron(s) versus buying a set of CBX irons...love my Launcher HBs. but back to Mark, he does seem pretty keen on the Cleveland lineup.

I can’t say anything against Cleveland/Srixon/Xxio etc at all. I’ve just ordered a set of Xxio X irons. Lovely clubs.

Not a fan of Mark Crossfield though. Like a lot of the golf YouTube community another who seems to just love the sound of his own voice.

****Edit. 4/9/2021

Three weeks from order to bag, based in Scotland. Can’t complain about that at all!

Have to say they’re the nicest feeling irons I’ve ever hit. Took them out yesterday, still need a couple of lie angle tweaks from the pro I think though, but they are fantastic irons. Nippon Modus 120g stiff shafts with the counterbalance grip makes them swing so easy.

Shotscope tags fit with no problem.

Shot 81, which is slightly above my average, but hitting my 6i 200 yards and my 5i 220 was new for me! Need to get used to them. Blazed a few greens and had a few mishits early on, so when I do get used to them I expect to be coming down from 9.2.

Seriously, anyone in the market for new irons, you must try these. It said in the marketing literature that you can’t get custom built; you can if you ask your local pro.

Best irons I’ve hit. Give them a hit, despite Mark Crossfield. I’m just yer average golfer. They’re going to make a difference.

Last edited:
Back