Martin Manley: Internet Immortality or Coward?

Jjmorris

Will Post for Thanks
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
FYI: this link is to a website Martin had go public the day he committed suicide at age 60.

http://www.zeroshare.info/

Obviously I am not for this in anyway, but when presented with the particular situation of this man, I find it rather interesting. I am simply sharing this because it gives one persons perspective I don't agree with, but sheds light to a side I never would have thought about.

Anyway, not trying to ruffle any feathers with beliefs or religion or whatever may come, just something I found interesting (to me at least) that was worth sharing.

It's a very interesting story. I could easily understand a trend of people broadcasting their desire to commit suicide via Internet. It's just a natural progression of our society, since so much is Internet driven.

With that said, it still goes against every instinct for a living thing to commit suicide. It's sad that someone would rather broadcast their desire to kill himself, and then continue that blog for an extended period, rather than seek help. It would be sadder, frankly, if someone was following the site without the thought of providing help to this person.

Yeah, this was on all the news channels here. They had to keep a police presence in the place he said he buried a whole lot of coins or something so people didn't dig the place up.

Just spent 30 min reading on his site. What a crazy story. Like any suicide, I hate it for all the people who are left behind.

My brother in law committed suicide in 2011. There's to many emotions to discuss when it happens. Obviously, the biggest question is; Why? It's kind of fascinating to look into his mind before his death. I hope this type of thing/website does not catch on though.

I hope this type of thing/website does not catch on though.
\\

This is exactly what I was thinking. he's basically sensationalized the entire process.

People like Him choose when they should go, they don't let God decide when. I find that it's a cowardly way to go, but that's how the world works.

New life will come from death.

Last edited:
I went through the site a bit at work today, and I came away from it just feeling sad.

For or against, it was an interesting insight into a person's head.

Interesting read. Getting old sucks and the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Just one man's way of dealing with it I guess. At least there was no question of "why".

Very interesting read. Intrigued.

Read through the entire suicide portion today. Didn't get to get into the "life" portion.

I didn't really like how he, as others said, "sensationalized" it. I But I'm not against people being able to do what they want with their lives as long as it doesn't harm others. Yes, I know it is going to hurt people's EMOTIONS, but I'm talking in a more criminal sense.

The guy new what he wanted, seemed intelligent enough to make an informed decision, and went through with it. I'm neither here nor there with it. It was fascinating to get a glimpse into his decision making process though.

This is one of those instances I don't know what to feel. I have known 1 friend and 1 family member that have committed suicide and from then on, my stance has been its the most cowardly thing a person can do. But, with this, I am so captivated by this mans story, I don't know if I truly feel this way with him. It's such a breath taking story and just all around difficult to comprehend.

This is one of those instances I don't know what to feel. I have known 1 friend and 1 family member that have committed suicide and from then on, my stance has been its the most cowardly thing a person can do. But, with this, I am so captivated by this mans story, I don't know if I truly feel this way with him. It's such a breath taking story and just all around difficult to comprehend.

I think he just made so much sense and shot down so many traditional notions that a lot of people are going to be distraught by the fact that they just CAN'T pigeonhole or categorize him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I think he just made so much sense and shot down so many traditional notions that a lot of people are going to be distraught by the fact that they just CAN'T pigeonhole or categorize him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah. It's weird. I see his pictures, read some of his stories and I just feel really close to this man. That's why I don't know what or how to feel about this. My mind has trained me to say, "This is selfish. He's a coward." But after learning his story, seeing him and reading his thoughts, it just scrapped that whole thought process. It's baffling.

Yeah. It's weird. I see his pictures, read some of his stories and I just feel really close to this man. That's why I don't know what or how to feel about this. My mind has trained me to say, "This is selfish. He's a coward." But after learning his story, seeing him and reading his thoughts, it just scrapped that whole thought process. It's baffling.

My feelings exactly. I am super fascinated by the whole thing, and I'm not quite sure why to be honest.

The human mind and how it ticks is fascinating. I mean, take out the suicide portion of this, and you have what we would assume is a middle aged man, sharing his passions, his life and himself with the world. I mean, how many people have sites doing this exact same thing? It's just weird that so many people are learning of this after his act. It's a lot to take in.

My feelings exactly. I am super fascinated by the whole thing, and I'm not quite sure why to be honest.

I feel bad for him, but I'm not fascinated by him. He was tempted by satan, and went down the wrong path.

Back