Mass Dq on Outlaw Tour

I'm assuming there were tee markers and they were playing whatever color that tee marker is. If the Tee Marker was set on the wrong tee box compared to the scorecard then that is the fault of the tournament. If they played a different colored set of tees then that is the players fault. Also the players fault if they played and empty box where the yardage should have been and not the marked tees.

Had a similar situation in a big skins/ 2 man best ball game in December. It was the last day that the course was open as it was sold to a developer. My buddy won a big city tournament there last summer. The skins game was full but the Head Pro was able to squeeze us in about 30 minutes their tee block with a couple older guys who had been playing there for years. We pull up to the 6th hole Par 3 and the tee markers aren't there on the box. He called to Pro who said to put something down from where we teed from and he would come out and get it fixed. We tee off and he shows up as we are driving away. We get about 60 yards ahead and look over to see the tee markers on another box. They were about 3 boxes and 60 yards ahead of normal (playing like 90 yards instead of 150). We took them back to the pro at the tee box and he was like yeah those shouldn't have been down there. Glad we were the first ones through and got it straightened out before any other groups played it.

I just figure if 14 of them did it and nobody caught it, it's hard to put it all on the players.

Some people just go along without ever questioning anything. Some are just easily influenced. Some are just too afraid to speak up for fear of being wrong or being made fun of for not just going along with the crowd.

It can be easy to miss tee boxes at times... especially if they’re confusing.

If it was 1 or 2 groups I would say it is on the players but 14 players tells me something was not marked Correctly. You would think they would have 1 set of tees setup for everyone.

Kinda falls on both, but is still the players responsibility to know the tees they are playing. Personally I would have given them a pass as they made the hole longer for themselves. But ignorance to the rule is no excuse.
Yea agreed with you that both are at fault but I don’t think you can give players a pass, essentially it’s a different course...sure it might have been just a few yards longer but it’s also likely that those other tees could’ve had a different angle or had less/more carry over water or a hazard. Or allowed for a driver rather than a long iron or hybrid. Just a thought though

If it was 1 or 2 groups I would say it is on the players but 14 players tells me something was not marked Correctly. You would think they would have 1 set of tees setup for everyone.

Unless the tees weren't out at all, there is no excuse.

You played the "blue" tees on holes 1 and 2, why would you switch to "white" on 3?

Back