Thank you, same thing happened to me a few years ago. Was a pain to set up and one typical windy SW MO night and it was destroyed. I dont mind taking it down when done, but I dont want it to take an act of congress to get it apart lol

Shane...don't make the mistake I did last year regarding nets. I got one similar to one mentioned above...looked like a 7x9 tent, fiberglass arch poles and all. I immediately had to go to the hardware store and purchase bigger stakes to keep it from running away from the force of a shot. It took forever to assemble so I decided I needed to leave it up permanently. It only took 2 weeks for SW MO spring wind to destroy it. Broke all the fiberglass rods, tore the rods out of the sleeves they slide into, etc...I also had to layer up ductape on the target for more strength because my first shot went right through it and through the back of the net. I now have a 20 dollar net I found at WalMart that has an inflatable frame. I have not used it yet so I can't comment on it but I assumed the inflatable set up would allow me to put it up and take it down quickly so the weather couldn't destroy it.

I'm going to build the homemade one in the video. One thing I will also do is buy 4 caps for the base pieces and glue them on. Then I will fill them from the open end with something like pea gravel and seal it in with some epoxy. I might even spray paint the frame with some Krylon Fusion paint that bonds to plastics. I may also connect the net to the eyelets with some of those really small caribeeners, however, the rope connectors is without a doubt a good idea. Kudos to the guy with the original idea.

I'm going to build the homemade one in the video. One thing I will also do is buy 4 caps for the base pieces and glue them on. Then I will fill them from the open end with something like pea gravel and seal it in with some epoxy. I might even spray paint the frame with some Krylon Fusion paint that bonds to plastics. I may also connect the net to the eyelets with some of those really small caribeeners, however, the rope connectors is without a doubt a good idea. Kudos to the guy with the original idea.

If you do this, try to capture the process in photos or something for the rest of us.

I don't recommend the Callaway net. I wore mine out in about 6 months and had a few shots go right through it. I'm still using the frame but I bought a 10x30 impact rated (<--that's important) net from ebay http://tinyurl.com/bp4no88 for $110 and folded into a 10x15 double layer net then threw that over the Callaway frame giving me a 4 layer 10 X 7.5 tall net. It could easily be hung over a rope or PVC frame as well.

486520_431437240280906_1922346467_n.jpg

5715_431435436947753_174266740_n.jpg

While I understand the desire to keep costs low, where I would not want to scrimp is the mat. You can do serious damage to your body hitting off a bad mat. It would be well worth a few hundred dollars more to get a great mat.

Although I haven't personally used them, I see rave reviews on these:

http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com

I don't recommend the Callaway net. I wore mine out in about 6 months and had a few shots go right through it. I'm still using the frame but I bought a 10x30 impact rated (<--that's important) net from ebay http://tinyurl.com/bp4no88 for $110 and folded into a 10x15 double layer net then threw that over the Callaway frame giving me a 4 layer 10 X 7.5 tall net. It could easily be hung over a rope or PVC frame as well.

486520_431437240280906_1922346467_n.jpg

This picture screams "bachelor." :)

While I understand the desire to keep costs low, where I would not want to scrimp is the mat. You can do serious damage to your body hitting off a bad mat. It would be well worth a few hundred dollars more to get a great mat.

Although I haven't personally used them, I see rave reviews on these:

http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com

I have one and love it.

As far as mats, I have a http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com/ and love it. It is alittle on the higher side but doesnt hurt the wrists and I have it on my pool deck. sits outside in the sun and rain and looks new. It will give on fat shots which really helps simulate turf when I cant get to the range.

Think I posted this in another thread, but if you order off their site, put 'forum' in as a coupon code and you'll get a minor discount - I think it's only like 5% but it's something. Might be other codes that work if you do some searches online, but I stumbled across that one from another site posted years ago and it still worked last month.

Think I posted this in another thread, but if you order off their site, put 'forum' in as a coupon code and you'll get a minor discount - I think it's only like 5% but it's something. Might be other codes that work if you do some searches online, but I stumbled across that one from another site posted years ago and it still worked last month.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I plan on ordering one eventually - hopefully it will still work then.

I had a durapro mat last year. It's too thin and hard unless you put some padding under it. I used some 2'x2' interlocking foam squares that home depot sells. It worked fairly well, but I wore out the mat in the hitting area in only one season. Switched to a reelfeel this year. I like the feel without any additional padding underneath. We'll see how it holds up - I got the 5'x5' mat, so I can rotate it when one hitting area wears out and hopefully get 4x the life out of it.

On nets, I used to use one of the callaway 8x8 freestanding nets. It worked pretty well but was pretty worn after a year of steady use. This year I built a net into a bay of my garage with 10x10 panels of polypro 5/8" diamond weave netting like this: http://gourock.com/mcart/index.cgi?ID=281717996&PID=IT1540&code=13

I did a small review on here for the ProAdvanced net which is a great net that is easy to tear down and set up. I use it with the fairway pro hitting area that is very portable and a nice little hitting surface only problem is ya kind of need a mat to stand on.

I had a durapro mat last year. It's too thin and hard unless you put some padding under it. I used some 2'x2' interlocking foam squares that home depot sells. It worked fairly well, but I wore out the mat in the hitting area in only one season. Switched to a reelfeel this year. I like the feel without any additional padding underneath. We'll see how it holds up - I got the 5'x5' mat, so I can rotate it when one hitting area wears out and hopefully get 4x the life out of it.

On nets, I used to use one of the callaway 8x8 freestanding nets. It worked pretty well but was pretty worn after a year of steady use. This year I built a net into a bay of my garage with 10x10 panels of polypro 5/8" diamond weave netting like this: http://gourock.com/mcart/index.cgi?ID=281717996&PID=IT1540&code=13

Went to the site and they dont have any at those dimentions :( would need to back order.

I put this net together tonight for $32 and about 45 minutes.

Back