Here's a quick summary. I was down on the front. Came back. Up two with four to go. Blew that. Was 1 down after 17. Squared it up on 18.

First playoff hole we push. Finally won on the second playoff hole.

It was a 3-4 club wind all day and hot as hell. I'm pretty mad at myself for blowing the lead because I just stopped trusting myself and didn't commit to shots. On the flip side I'm proud that I didn't let it shake me and was able to pull out the win, especially since he was popping on those two playoff holes.

Thattaboy!

Well done. Nice job closing it on a hole where he popped. “Sir I’ll concede that double, but as you can see my par trumps that”....lol.

How many more weeks we on this ride? Ha.

Reactions: KEV
Thattaboy!

Well done. Nice job closing it on a hole where he popped. “Sir I’ll concede that double, but as you can see my par trumps that”....lol.

How many more weeks we on this ride? Ha.
It's single elimination so any match could be final one. I'm now in the quarter finals in our bracket and there are four brackets. By advancing today I made my entry fee back which is nice. Now it's just free golf!

It's single elimination so any match could be final one. I'm now in the quarter finals in our bracket and there are four brackets. By advancing today I made my entry fee back which is nice. Now it's just free golf!
Did you give him the steely-eyed glare? Did you exude an air of controlled fury?

I hear those are critical.

Did you give him the steely-eyed glare? Did you exude an air of controlled fury?

I hear those are critical.
I walked around chewing gum with a cocky walk. In my head I looked like this.

DC2AE3F4-26DF-4189-BC76-F1FB15F8AE6C.gif

In reality it was probably like this.

3BCD69B3-B450-4CCB-AB3A-69153EE71BBC.gif

Here's a quick summary. I was down on the front. Came back. Up two with four to go. Blew that. Was 1 down after 17. Squared it up on 18.

It was a 3-4 club wind all day and hot as hell. I'm pretty mad at myself for blowing the lead because I just stopped trusting myself and didn't commit to shots. On the flip side I'm proud that I didn't let it shake me and was able to pull out the win, especially since he was popping on those two playoff holes.
Clutch victory, nice job! (y)

Good job, hope you keep crushing your opponents. :cool:

• Appreciation
Keep bringing the pain, whooo! Lol.

One match at a time. Focus. Find their weakness. Take em down.

I had this advice all planned out. Good job.

Well done, onto the next one now (y)

Well done

We have got our first round of the club pairs matchplay this weekend, and the draw for the singles is being made soon as well so I will have that to look forward to as well

It's tough committing to shots when things get tight. It's almost better playing from 1 or 2 down for the last 9-10 holes because if you can get rolling the heat is on the other person at the end. Sounds like he put the heat on you and you still won, Good work!

Well done

We have got our first round of the club pairs matchplay this weekend, and the draw for the singles is being made soon as well so I will have that to look forward to as well
1.) Steely-eyed glare.
2.) An air of controlled fury.
3.) Since you are English, add in a raised upper lip sneer, and a frosty "I said Good Day, sir!"

1.) Steely-eyed glare.
2.) An air of controlled fury.
3.) Since you are English, add in a raised upper lip sneer, and a frosty "I said Good Day, sir!"
It will be fun, one of our opponents is a team-mate of mine from our league team and the other is a scratch player who my partner plays with in one of the weekly groups on a regular basis so we know each others games pretty well

I am looking forward to it, especially if I can play as well as I have been, and if my partner has one of his good days he has the potential to be around 5-6 shots better than his handicap on occassions, so if he can have a couple good hoels and get us a few holes we should do okay

It will be fun, one of our opponents is a team-mate of mine from our league team and the other is a scratch player who my partner plays with in one of the weekly groups on a regular basis so we know each others games pretty well

I am looking forward to it, especially if I can play as well as I have been, and if my partner has one of his good days he has the potential to be around 5-6 shots better than his handicap on occassions, so if he can have a couple good hoels and get us a few holes we should do okay
Are you the "Go for it" guy and he is the "Put it in play" guy? Can you educate us Yanks on some distinctly English-y ways of gamesmanship?

Are you the "Go for it" guy and he is the "Put it in play" guy? Can you educate us Yanks on some distinctly English-y ways of gamesmanship?
I would say gamesmanship is the same regardless of location, it is all about the timing really

I got in the head of my league team mate at a day our club organised at another course - we were stood on the first tee with wind off the left and OB right and I was saying it was a nice tee shot to start for a lot of amateurs who slice the ball and he promptly pulled his tee shot waaaaay left (he usually hits the ball quite well off the tee with a little fade similar to me) whereas I stuck 3W right down the middle :LOL:

In terms of our pairing, I would say that I am definitely a thinker round the course and will look at what his miss has been for the day and encourage him to play the shot accordingly. If we have a difficult hole, I will tell him to use his shot and make a bogey for a nett par as that then puts pressure on the opponents to make par and if he can do that it frees me up to have a bit of a go if I have half a chance

I am confident enough in my ability to keep up with my league team-mate (I am off 9, he is off 10) so it will all depend on how our partners play on the day

Back