Match V: Bryson vs Brooks

Just watched it. 12 holes is such a crapshoot.

Brooksy’s irons were on point - he just hit his approaches closer than Bryson and Bryson wasn’t putting that great. Srixon must be elated.

hah Brooks was being such a dbag throughout the entire event - it was personal for him.
I know Bryson was losing the entire event but he seemed to be trying to enjoy the moment a bit more. Bryson wasn’t really making personal attacks like Brooks was - he wanted blood.

Chucks face when Phil and Bryson started talking about theta states was hilarious.

Kinda wish I would have read this thread before starting this on my DVR. I kept watching just waiting for something interesting to happen. I'm not sure what I was expecting but definitely didn't expect the snoozefest we got.

I will say I still don't quite understand the hate that Bryson tends to get. I'm not really a fan of his so no sweat off my back. Yes, he comes off as a huge nerd but at least he seems personable and open to having fun. Brooks doesn't at all. He seems dismissive and uncaring at best and egotistical and contemptuous at worst. Am I missing some context as to why it seems like Brooks is looked on more favorably by golf fans?

I would rather see Reed vs Brooks. Reed would cheat, win, chirp and probably start a fight. Good for tv.

Brooks is still doing it big at the Duke game.
3D98164B-5541-46CF-9F72-13ABE31DAD58.jpeg

Kinda wish I would have read this thread before starting this on my DVR. I kept watching just waiting for something interesting to happen. I'm not sure what I was expecting but definitely didn't expect the snoozefest we got.

I will say I still don't quite understand the hate that Bryson tends to get. I'm not really a fan of his so no sweat off my back. Yes, he comes off as a huge nerd but at least he seems personable and open to having fun. Brooks doesn't at all. He seems dismissive and uncaring at best and egotistical and contemptuous at worst. Am I missing some context as to why it seems like Brooks is looked on more favorably by golf fans?

Bryson has won be over big this year and I start out a fan. But he is still the little brother to brooks. And brooks proved that today.

Bryson has won be over big this year and I start out a fan. But he is still the little brother to brooks. And brooks proved that today.
Oh I totally get you are 100% right in that Brooks is the better golfer and way more consistent right now. Maybe that’s all there is to his popularity. It just seems weird to me that Byron is like the ultimate ‘internet golfer’ in my mind. He’s stats obsessed, practices constantly, endlessly fiddles with his equipment, and wants to hit the ball as far as possible. That’s why it seems weird to me that he seems to catch the most heat. Especially on the internet.

Oh I totally get you are 100% right in that Brooks is the better golfer and way more consistent right now. Maybe that’s all there is to his popularity. It just seems weird to me that Byron is like the ultimate ‘internet golfer’ in my mind. He’s stats obsessed, practices constantly, endlessly fiddles with his equipment, and wants to hit the ball as far as possible. That’s why it seems weird to me that he seems to catch the most heat. Especially on the internet.

he has some serious foot in mouth disease at times. Has said and done some very odd things. I still like him but that rubs people wrong.

I am not sure that Brooks is the better golfer but he is for sure a big time gamer and when he wants to knows how to get his mind right. I think Bryson get psyched out.

Just took way too long with the commercials.
I always enjoyed Shell's Wonderful World of Golf - professional golfers competing, and actually being civil toward each other!

I'm gonna have to catch up on this somewhere as it wasn't available to watch at all in the UK. I couldn't even find a stream of it any where.

haha, isn't that Brooks' thing? Make everything think he hates "X" so he can feel some sort of way?
Perhaps, but it seems pretty real with Bryson 🤣🤣

My favorite part was Phil Mickelson.... period!

I guess Bryson wearing a regular hat w encouraging too!

I gave up after watching 3 holes. I'm not a gambler, I don't care about the odds. Nor do I care to listen to 3 or 4 people constantly talking over one another.

I'd much prefer something like this as a pre-recorded, cut together match that plays out over an hour on television (ala Shell's Wide World of Golf,) rather than watching this giant commercial.

My favorite part was Phil Mickelson.... period!

That was about the only redeemable part of it yesterday for me as well. I just could not get into it. I would flip away, flip back, and think "this just isn't all that entertaining". We ended up going out for dinner at 5:30 and I didn't even once think "I wonder how this is going to turn out" while we were gone.

Perhaps, but it seems pretty real with Bryson 🤣🤣
I have no doubt that Bryson annoys the hell out of Brooks. He thinks outloud, has crazy ideas, and typically goes through with them. Meanwhile, Brooks is the complete opposite (at least as far as we know).

I don't get it either. Bryson has moments that are awkward, but at least he has some personality. To me, he actually seems like a pretty fun guy to be around - if I had the choice of playing 18 with either of them (or even just hanging out, for that matter), I'd choose Bryson in a heartbeat. He loves the game of golf, he's enthusiastic about it, he's out there having fun and going crazy with it, and interacts with his fans on the course. Koepka says he doesn't even like golf, wishes he would have played baseball instead, is sulky and indifferent most of the time, and I'm not sure I've ever seen him interact with the gallery.

No denying that Koepka has game, when he chooses to. He probably wanted that win yesterday as badly as any major he's ever played in, it would have absolutely destroyed his ego to get beaten one-on-one by Bryson on national TV. I think he would have gone full-on Tonya Harding to win if he had to. :LOL: He won fair and square, good for him - but was a big ol' douchebag the whole time.

I didn't watch the match, but saw the highlights. It definitely looked like Brooks' iron game was solid and was dropping his birdie putts. Brooks has been using Srixon irons for a while, so that was not really much of a question. But how was his driving? One of the big questions for me was how the Srixon driver would perform for him coming from so many years on the Taylormade drivers.

Last edited:
It’s been several days and I’m still chuckling at Chuck going “doesn’t all that confuse you?” and Phil quickly coming back with “I can see it confuses *you*” :ROFLMAO:

Back