MAtrix resurrection

Just finished it. Good, but not great. Tons of callbacks and meta jokes. I enjoyed it, but not one I could watch over and over. I’d give it 3.5 Keanu’s out of 5
3.5 out of 5 is fair. Was entertaining for sure.

I thought Resurrection was better than Matrix 3, but just so so. Streaming on HBO, worth the watch. Go to theater and pay $$, glad I didn’t.

I thought it was awful. Stop reading as to very mild spoilers to follow...

Like comic book bad in the beginning, I get the intent but I couldn't at all appreciate the application. And it barely got better for me from there. I just found it as a lazy and convenient sentimental journey, nothing more. And Neo looked like a confused John Wick for half the movie. Silly, overlooked move there as to associated appearance. It just felt as if the overall concept, script and production was similar to my viewing, that being little more than a time-waster.

Just finished it. I think I’d rate it on par with 2 - better than 3, nowhere near as good as 1. Overall decent but not something I’d watch again. Ok story and a bunch of callback scenes to the original.

I thought it was entertaining enough. It wasn't mind blowing or anything but for sitting in my basement watching it on HBO I thought it had plenty of entertainment value.

Structurally, I think it leads very well into more actually well thought out movies... Get Neo back into the fold with plenty of memory laden experiences to get people latched back onto it, and then press for new concepts later.

That in mind, I was not sold at all on the ability Trinity remembered that Neo could not. If he's "the one" it should be like riding a bike at this point, and surely he'd be the fastest to recover from the mind numb session. Also, didn't really like the conditions of NPH in there, and the bullet speed stuff. It was a miss for me that any type of code could out-pace Neo.

I have not finished it yet, but the quality of it has me typing on here right now…. Most of the movie so far is, how to put this appropriately….. really smelling itself is the best way I can say it. Coasting on nostalgia and retelling the same story.

Reminds me of the Force awakens but not as well done.

Oh and I absolutely loved the first movie, each installment that has come after it has been worse and worse.

Finally got around to this today. Left me with a weird taste in my mouth. It was a re-hash, but not.

I wish there would have been more substance with a quick flashback to 1, or just commit to the remake of 1. Felt like this was lost in between the decision.
I enjoyed watching it, and maybe it spawns a few new movies, but this one didn't do a ton to progress the story.

Same here. Finally watched this over the weekend. Wasn't expecting much and was still dissappointed. The Matrix has always been a favorite of mine. Hopefully they don't make any more but the way it ended suggests that its a possibility.

I need to watch it again. I was hugely dissapointed. And that was with little expectations.

I have not finished it yet, but the quality of it has me typing on here right now…. Most of the movie so far is, how to put this appropriately….. really smelling itself is the best way I can say it. Coasting on nostalgia and retelling the same story.

Reminds me of the Force awakens but not as well done.

Oh and I absolutely loved the first movie, each installment that has come after it has been worse and worse.

My thoughts as well. Seeing that first one in theaters when I was in high school was a really cool experience and the movie felt really unique. Everything since has felt stale.

My thoughts as well. Seeing that first one in theaters when I was in high school was a really cool experience and the movie felt really unique. Everything since has felt stale.

I remember being blown away walking out of the theater. Got dragged there by some buddies as I hadn't heard anything about it and was just gobsmacked. Before the 2nd one came out, they had a video game (which was not great) and the Animatrix, which I remember actually really enjoying and then each movie after has dropped down a level or two in terms of my enjoyment.

Reading more about it, WB was making another Matrix movie regardless of whether the original creators were involved, so I wonder of some of it was meant to be a bit hacky...

I also saw Keanu say you need to watch it 3 times.... sorry Keanu, I love pretty much everything you are in, but no way I can sit through this 1 more time let alone 2 more.

The callbacks alone were worth it for me. Loved it!

I thought it was ok. Better than the 3rd (my least favorite). Maybe on par or a little worse than the 2nd. Worth the watch, but nothing to run out and see.

Echoing some of the same sentiments as others - the first Matrix is one of my all-time favorite movies, the sequels were 'meh' in comparison but still entertaining. I think that Resurrections is on par with the previous sequels - some of the plot is hokey, while pieces of it were creative and interesting. Definitely was meant to pull on the nostalgia strings and seems to try to set up WB for future Matrix universe projects, which I'm all for.

Back