Matt Blois Golf YouTube

Sooo Matty boy from TCG vids is all gone? Hahaha

Matt's latest video on his channel was one of the more informative that I've watched in a while. Apparently, he's going to learn to golf right handed, so it'll be a project starting from the ground up. Should be beneficial to a lot of beginner and novice golfers.

Matt's latest video on his channel was one of the more informative that I've watched in a while. Apparently, he's going to learn to golf right handed, so it'll be a project starting from the ground up. Should be beneficial to a lot of beginner and novice golfers.

These righty Matt videos are superb. Much easier to learn from someone who is learning, rather than someone who is just demonstrating.

That’s really interesting. I think he’s great for every day golfers because of the way he thinks and asks question. This is going to be a fun journey to watch.

I watched that last night and really enjoyed it.

That’s really interesting. I think he’s great for every day golfers because of the way he thinks and asks question. This is going to be a fun journey to watch.
And without a fitting studio, it will be much easier for him to get sample heads being RH.

And without a fitting studio, it will be much easier for him to get sample heads being RH.
Yeah that makes perfect sense. It’ll will be interesting to see who gets behind him. I always wonder what he could lose in his natural lefty swing, but at the same time most pros alternate handed swing is much better than most amateur’s dominant handed swing.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. It’ll will be interesting to see who gets behind him. I always wonder what he could lose in his natural lefty swing, but at the same time most pros alternate handed swing is much better than most amateur’s dominant handed swing.

i may be way off base, but i think the righty stuff is more what @RatFink was getting at. it's more for instruction, and relatable to the other 99% of golfers. i'm pretty sure matt has no plans to abandon his left hand swing, and based on the live stream he did today he's seeking out left-handed clubs to do any reviews.

speaking of which, he was pretty candid on the live stream. he didn't say anything disrespectful, and there are two sides to every story, but it was a bit more insight into the departure from txg. fwiw i find myself much more interested in matt's content, and much less interested in txg.

i may be way off base, but i think the righty stuff is more what @RatFink was getting at. it's more for instruction, and relatable to the other 99% of golfers. i'm pretty sure matt has no plans to abandon his left hand swing, and based on the live stream he did today he's seeking out left-handed clubs to do any reviews.

speaking of which, he was pretty candid on the live stream. he didn't say anything disrespectful, and there are two sides to every story, but it was a bit more insight into the departure from txg. fwiw i find myself much more interested in matt's content, and much less interested in txg.
I’m in the same space in terms of his content vs TXG. It’s weird how much that split has affected their delivery. Also, I was more referring to the possibility of him losing his accuracy after trying to start practicing right handed. I don’t think he’d make the switch completely.

+1

I haven't been on TXG much since Matt left.

The instructional videos on Matt's channel lately are so relevant to what I have been working on. Which is using the lower body better and not pull from the top with the arms. I like both Larry Cheung and Tyler McGhie, they both seem easy to learn from.

1646014585861.png

The instructional videos on Matt's channel lately are so relevant to what I have been working on. Which is using the lower body better and not pull from the top with the arms. I like both Larry Cheung and Tyler McGhie, they both seem easy to learn from.

View attachment 9070529

tyler is the man!

Do I recall reading that you take instruction with him? Online? In person? He seems awesome.

yeah, been taking in person lessons from him for the last two years. he’s such a good dude.

yeah, been taking in person lessons from him for the last two years. he’s such a good dude.

Oh wow. That is so cool. I would totally look forward to lessons with Tyler. (y)

These righty Matt videos are superb. Much easier to learn from someone who is learning, rather than someone who is just demonstrating.
Just watched a couple and I am interested in trying out what he is being taught.

Good on Matt.

Whilst I enjoyed the TXG videos, the problem with it and most of the other YouTube channels is that there is only so much to talk about. Everyone tests the new stuff, and if you've watched for a while you soon realise that there isn't much of a difference in performance.

It seemed to me that TXG was struggling to find something interesting to talk about.

Ditto Mark Crossfield. Given he thinks, and demonstrated, that most clubs and shafts are pretty much the same what is the point of testing them.

The Average Golfer tries to manufacture drama with clickbait promos, but he also has the same results with every breakthrough best club ever.

2nd Swing is a bit better because they usually test multiple clubs in their videos so you get an idea which might suit in terms of shot shape etc, and because they sell used they also test previous versions so you can see the lack of difference.

WHich is why Matt Blois' righty experiment is potentially interesting. We know he is off scratch as a lefty, and his speed makes comparisons meaningless for me.

He'd probably still kick my ass as a righty, but his travails are a lot closer.

I'm kind of surprised that he has the same kind of odd takeaway from the right, but it is interesting to watch.

He and Ian's schtick was kind of lame on TXG, but they did have chemistry. From the few videos I've watched the new dude just stares at the camera and gulps.

Plus I kind of get the feeling he was shafted by TXG and their new overlords.

So I wish him well.

I haven't been following him much. Just haven't had time to check much out, but besides this hole being kind of ridiculous, I guess I hadn't seen him swing recently. He's absolutely pounding that iron swing and based on something I saw I have a hunch he and I have been working on the same thing recently. I need to catch up on his stuff.

I haven't been following him much. Just haven't had time to check much out, but besides this hole being kind of ridiculous, I guess I hadn't seen him swing recently. He's absolutely pounding that iron swing and based on something I saw I have a hunch he and I have been working on the same thing recently. I need to catch up on his stuff.

He’s been one of the more enjoyable golf channels lately. He really added a lot to the TXG formula and based on their content, he’s sorely missed. They even cut out the catchy intro jingle.

His mental health initiatives are also very good.

He’s been one of the more enjoyable golf channels lately. He really added a lot to the TXG formula and based on their content, he’s sorely missed. They even cut out the catchy intro jingle.

His mental health initiatives are also very good.
I don't watch a ton of YouTube but I'm more inclined to watch him than TXG anymore

Back