Matt Every suspended 12 weeks

A marijuana suspension this day and age is pretty much a joke. It’s not a performance enhancing drug and it’s legal in several states

They have to do this because of the Olympic drug testing regulations, right? I agree it’s silly considering many states have legalized it now, but also, if you know you’re getting tested...

They have to do this because of the Olympic drug testing regulations, right? I agree it’s silly considering many states have legalized it now, but also, if you know you’re getting tested...

agree with this

he loves the electric lettuce though

Regardless of what some feel about it, the current rules of his EMPLOYER are that it’s a banned substance. Soooooooo, he went against that, popped a positive, and now sits. 100% fair imo.

Regardless of what some feel about it, the current rules of his EMPLOYER are that it’s a banned substance. Soooooooo, he went against that, popped a positive, and now sits. 100% fair imo.
who employs him?

who employs him?
He’s a member of the PGA Tour, no? As such that membership has rules and guidelines, exactly as an employer. Consider him an independent contractor if you must, but the organization he contracts to has rules, he broke them, he pays, open and shut.

Not many successes in last few years so he's probably living off the Palmer Invitational wins.

Doesn't matter if it is legal in certain states, if you go to one of those states and smoke it, then have a drug test on Monday in your home state by your employer and it is a banned or prohibited substance than you broke the rules. It is pretty cut and dry really.

I get what everyone is saying about it being this day and age, but it is still illegal in other states and most workplaces.

Not many successes in last few years so he's probably living off the Palmer Invitational wins.

Over 10 Million in career earnings. How is your success working?

If you can't play by the rules, you have to face the consequences. Whether people agree with it or not, it is obviously not allowed for a tour player to partake.

Those are the rules....agree or disagree. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you abide by those rules or if you don’t you deal with the consequences.

See I understand that; they are an independent contractor, but the people who own the PGA say no. Not a grey area, not, you can smoke in Colorado events, and California events and states that it is legal. Just no. I work for the DoD, they say no. If i get transferred to Colorado, i still can't, Japan, still can't....

[
See I understand that; they are an independent contractor, but the people who own the PGA say no. Not a grey area, not, you can smoke in Colorado events, and California events and states that it is legal. Just no. I work for the DoD, they say no. If i get transferred to Colorado, i still can't, Japan, still can't....

Bingo. If they want to be taken seriously by the Olympic committees, gotta enforce all WADA drug rules. If it's on the list, it's black and white.

BINGO....

He should just switch it up to blow like DJ, out of your system much faster.

Last edited:
Which 3 months is it? If it's the lame part of this wrap around then he isn't going to miss much

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Why the hell are they even testing for pot. Just ridiculous. Who even cares these days?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The federal government and most states in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s also prescribed to him by a doctor.
Still against PGA policy.

and the prescription thing is funny, just tell one of the docs who don’t care about their perception you can’t sleep and have back pain and you’re in.

Last edited:
Back