Matte Golf Balls?

Interesting topic as I have a dozen Matte Yellow Bridgestone E12 that I'm going to break out starting with my next round. I had wanted to try the E12 and I'm partial towards the yellow, but I would game any color. I looking for visibility and performance, especially since were approaching the season of falling leaves here in the Northeast.
I experimented with the matte colors last fall, one question, what are the main colors of fall leaves? 😳😉
I lost balls so fast I thought I would become a eunuch!

I used noodle neon red in Nebraska during the winter so I could find it in the snow or wherever else. Outside of that, I can't see ever playing a matte ball.

A buddy of mine played Matte balls our last time out. Ironically, the red was much harder to see than I ever expected. They're not my preference.

I experimented with the matte colors last fall, one question, what are the main colors of fall leaves? 😳😉

Probably true. I really didn’t think that one through. Since I really don’t care if I lose the Matte E12s, as they are not my gamers, I’m interested to see how visible they may or may not be in the fall.

I don't like or get matte balls. They get dirty, their feel is not as good as a glossy ball. Often they don't (greenside) spin as well.

I don’t recall the last time I bought golf balls. I’m usually gifted a few dozen between my birthday and Christmas. If I was buying my own I’d probably buy a matte ball, though. I just like stuff that’s a little different.

I don’t recall the last time I bought golf balls. I’m usually gifted a few dozen between my birthday and Christmas. If I was buying my own I’d probably buy a matte ball, though. I just like stuff that’s a little different.
Playing partners and others on the course stay clear of my red ball....

Although some dad about blasted me over touching his sons ball...I was playing red Bstone and his son a Cally super hot... He apologized saying no one ever plays a red ball.

Never tried a matte finish golf ball. What are the benefits of this type of finish? Less glare?
When everyone is making a soft ball, you do things to trick the mind, so to speak. Often the color yellow is added to white balls to make the consumer think it is softer. Blue is added for a brighter white. (I read it. Something about how our brain interprets color and feel.)
Matte balls, in my mind, I think "soft" and I'm sure that's exactly what they want.
Any green golf ball is stoopid. :cool:

Something about the matte finish sure looks appealing; I'd like to try one in white if Srixon gets around to making a matte white Z-Star XV.

That would be cool. I do like the way the white matte looks. It's interesting how there are more matte options in lower cost balls. I know Volvik has high end matte balls. Are they any good? Do they spin as much as a pro v?

I learned that lesson about 25 years ago when I played orange balls in the fall on a course with lots of trees. Ever lost balls on the green before??? That was a first (and last!) for me.

A buddy of mine played Matte balls our last time out. Ironically, the red was much harder to see than I ever expected. They're not my preference.
One of the guys in our group played the red matte balls for a few weeks. I thought they were harder to track and harder to find. You'd think a red ball would stand out like a sore thumb in sandy/rocky desert waste areas, but not the case.

I've been using the W/S matte green Duo Professional for a couple of years now. Easy to see both on and cough "off" the course. I like the softer feel and the short game performance is great.

Picked up some Saintnine Misty Matte Golf Balls. They are Slick like Cut Matte Golf Balls.
These are 85 compression and 332 dimples vs 65 and 314 for the Cut.

9D2C2046-F901-4E66-8CF7-9DF13FB5B676.jpeg

Duo fans should jump on this ...

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 1.29.30 PM.png

I've found a bunch on courses and they feel interesting. Not sure I would ever really play one though.

I bought a dozen Cut white, along with several dozen greys, to try out. I’m guessing the greys will be the ball for me, but for $20 the whites were worth testing too.

Matte blue is a bad color. Hard to see in the air and find on the ground.

I used to until I’ve seen too many reports that when they get wet they lose all spin. I don’t generate enough spin as it is. And probably 80% of my rounds there is at least dew on the ground.

Matte blue balls (don’t laugh) are basically impossible to see once they get below the trees. I think I’ll forever be a white or yellow ball player.

I kind of enjoyed looking down at some of the BRITE Soft Feel balls @JB when I was in the studio last, but I'm definitely a standard white ball guy first.

I kind of enjoyed looking down at some of the BRITE Soft Feel balls @JB when I was in the studio last, but I'm definitely a standard white ball guy first.
And showed that on full swings they spin pretty darn well

Back