Matte Golf Balls?

I love the look of them. If there was a matte ball out there that fit my game they would probably be my gamer ball.

I won the srixon red ones in a contest here, their different, playability their basically like any other ball its just the finish that's different.
I kind of like to putt with them though.

I would benefit from improved visibility —yellow alone is helpful — but are there performance downsides to these high vis matte colors? I’ve always wondered why the top dog balls don’t come in more colors?

I’m a Callaway Supersoft red matte guy all the way. Love them.

I have also gamed a number of Volvik matte finish balls and they are underrated imho.

I don't but my wife uses the Volvik matte yellow. She likes them and I can see them from a mile away.
If Callaway made a matte version of the ChromeSoft, I would give them a try.

SuperSoft, SuperHot Yellow mostly

I actually have used the Superhot in both Matte Red and Yellow that I got as part of the THP Blind Grab Bag. I quite like the boldness of the color, but the lack of a Urethane cover means it would never be my gamer.

I've been using the Volvik vivid pink. It is a light pink and is the easiest to see and find I think. It isn't as harsh as the orange and lighter than the red and easier to spot from a distance.

I play alone quite a bit and don't see all that well. Plus there are a ton of homophobes around here and this sort of thing is like wearing a keep-off sign so not a lot of casual small talk to deal with.

Wilson duo optix for me, although I just bought a box of their matte orange urethane ball as well. For me it speeds up the round, easy to track in the air and easy to spot in the rough. Fewer lost balls leads to lower scores for me. I'm excited to try the urethane, and it could be my gamer if it doesn't give up too much to the CS or tp5.

I start playing matte green balls this time of year for improved visibility. In the past it was the Duo, but this year it'll be the Maxfli Tour. I don't play them in wet conditions though. An occasional playing partner - a retired engineer - says the spin on matte balls decreases more than gloss balls when wet.

Yes I use them and My only thought is they get dirty quicker.

I do not. I've tried them but I don't think they spin as well around the greens and don't hold up visually as well either when compared to urethane golf balls with a traditional finish.

Absolutely - I game the Maxfli Tour matte green, with the Titleist Velocity matte green mixed in as well sometimes.

What can I say, green is my favorite color.

Tried the Callaway Superhot red ones before. Super easy to see in the sky but I had real trouble seeing them land. I could obviously follow to the general area and could see them pretty easily once I got to the spot it fell. I did however lose a few since I couldn’t actually see them land. It seems I find red ones the most on the course so I don’t seem to be the only one having trouble seeing them come down lol

I prefer the red matte and I’ve tried most of them. Wilson Duo, SuperSoft, Srixon SoftFeel.

That color is my preference but I’m making the jump to urethane cover. The neon red Vice Pro Soft is the closest thing even though they aren’t matte.

I found one of the Red Callaway soft balls and I only hit it a couple times.. Way too soft and the cover is kind of... translucent? I couldn't focus on the damn thing! It was weird, Lol

They always seem to get dirty quicker, or at least that is my perception.

I've played a few of them, don't mind the matte finish. I'd play the Supersoft in matte if they made it matte yellow instead of green.

I prefer matte balls. Mainly OnCore Avant55 green, the new matte green Srixon Soft Feel or Callaway Superhot red are also good.

Out of Cut offering I would play the pink... otherwise the red from Bridgestone is my favorite, but i am sure you already knew that!

I like the look and feel of them in my hand. Can't get over the look and feel for actual play though. Ihave a quite of few I have found that I keep more as artwork than playable balls.

Have played the sherbert orange matte Volvik balls but right now Im playing the Titleist Velocity matte orange balls. I tend to stick with oranges until the leaves start falling then I switch to green.

I haven't played any

Out of Cut offering I would play the pink... otherwise the red from Bridgestone is my favorite, but i am sure you already knew that!

I actually tried a dozen matte white Cut balls that were decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try out the Supersoft Bold that I found on course the other day to see how I like it.

Back