I don’t have an enormous preference either way… I’ve played both and liked them about the same. So long as the crown isn’t a light colour, I’m good.

I don’t have an enormous preference either way… I’ve played both and liked them about the same. So long as the crown isn’t a light colour, I’m good.

You’ve got a white headed matte driver in RH on the way. Ha.

I wanna see a swing vid with it, 🤣

Edit to add: from you, 😂

You’ve got a white headed matte driver in RH on the way. Ha.

I wanna see a swing vid with it, 🤣

Edit to add: from you, 😂
It’s been a couple years since I swung a club right handed! I’ll give it a go again!

Matte black, every time.

I am good with either. If I were to ever order a custom finish and that option were available, I would go with matte.

Given the option on the same head I would choose matte black every time.

I always preferred glossy

Whichever hits the ball farther and straighter, looks don't enter into the equation for me.

I think I prefer matte, but I go back and forth lol. I did enjoy my GBB driver, which was a matte black.

I’m a matte guy, but will play either

I like matte finishes, but honestly whatever ball fits my game and will help I will use.

I love Callaway's approach to glossy fairway woods but also really love Cobra's matte Big Tour. I could go either way since they are both so well implemented.

Matte. There are few things I like glossy.

Matte 12 times out of 10

matte all day

If it's black or dark blue i prefer the glossy, but if any other colors I would lean matte so it doesnt become too much like a light saber for me.

On a recent Off Course podcast with @Canadan talking to Tour Edge, the conversation about driver crowns came up. Matte vs glossy. I have always been a glossy person, but some matte (not black) looks pretty good. Do you have a preference?
Id go matte simply because I prefer the look. Ive never bought into the claims of glare off of a glossy finish.

Been glossy for a while no matte since the hibore xl days.... Let's go that route... Maybe a white matte?

Had a custom matte blue paint job on the crown of my Callaway epic which looked very nice. However, the glossy/green gold flake paint in the crown of the epic speed looks amazing to me.

3 of the last 4 have been glossy but I don’t think I had a preference for either.

I was thinking I was a glossy person, but then I put a bunch of clubs at address and matte really came through to me - though it might be because it was against carpet and the reflections were wonky.

Doesn't matter to me.

I prefer the Matte look!

I can do either....
i currently have a glossy finish driver (Titleist) but a matte Ping 3W... moving to a G425 Max driver soon so that will be matte as well. Only very rare instances where glare may be a little distracting, with a glossy driver finish, but not a deal breaker by any means.

Back