Matte vs Glossy Crown?

I'm squarely on the fence. Both look good to me.

If the glossy head was maybe a deep burgundy... then that's another story. But it's not.:ROFLMAO:

I prefer a glossy finish. Glare off woods is never something I’ve had an issue with in my years though.

Used to love matte, now it just looks like a dated fad.
But the Peacoat finish....

Team matte. I don't know if it would ever impact my buying decision but if ask things were equal I would get it in a matte finish.

I don't have a preference really but will lean glossy as that is all I have had on my woods. Therefore there must be some subconscious reasoning behind this.

Glossy

I prefer matte crowns 100% of the time

I don't have strong feelings for either but forced to choose I'd probably go with matte since that's what I'm playing now.

I prefer matte but it is not a deciding factor for me.

No preference on finish. Shape offset and face depth are about the only visual aesthetics that might sway me to never even try a specific driver.

Last Matte i played was a Ping G30 and i liked the look. Since then Callaway currently Epic Max LS and i like that look as well. Ultimately i could play either but to answer the question i prefer the look of matte but that wont decide what driver i choose could be either.

My inner magpie says team glossy.

Both look nice. Glare doesn’t bother me but I’d probably go with matte though simply because I’ve been digging matte finishes lately on almost everything...I’m even finally starting to like matte finishes on football helmets.

That said, cars and guitars should always be glossy.

After getting the Tour Edge C721 Pro 3w in hand...no question, 100% team matte

After getting the Tour Edge C721 Pro 3w in hand...no question, 100% team matte
The matte finish combined with carbon on pro is awesome. 69203A14-F231-4794-AC5E-6FAE7D4135B7.jpeg

I don’t believe I have had a matte finished driver before. So glossy it is.

Matte, I’m not sure why but I like the look better.

I don’t have a preference to a matte or glossy crown, but I have to have a black or dark face. I don’t like a silver face for some odd reason.

I liked Matte before but the glossy is beautiful

Back