Matthew Wolff Withdraws From PGA

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Certainly would explain the weak performances this year. Might as well see what the issue is, and let it heal.

Lot's of moving parts in a golf swing, especially his! Hopefully whatever is nagging him can heal quickly.

Expectations have been really high for him, hopefully he will give it time to heal and he can get back to some good golf

Need a young guy to perform especially with the skills he possesses and the following that he has grown!

Title of thread started leading me to believe something else bigger was happening.....................
Hahahaha yeah I can see that...which guy left off Championship? 🤷‍♂️

he looked completely and utterly lost in the matchplay with morikawa. like, he almost whiffed on a couple tee shots he hit them so low on the face. he found something when they were out of it, and played a little better.

I think there’s something underlying going on with him or his confidence… Just not adding up. I hope he gets it figured out though he’s a good player.

I like his style and unique swing.. hope he figures out whatever the issue is

It could still be his hands and fingers. It's been a while, but one of the walking reporters was talking about gross open sores when he pulled some tape off his fingers.

Hopefully gets healthy physically and mentally!

He actually has a personality.

I like the guy. I thought out of the 3 young guys, him, Morikawa, and Hovland, that he would struggle the most. The swing seems to rely much more on timing than the other two and will not be as consistent in the long run. When it’s clicking though he can win some tournaments.

I hope he gets through this and comes back stronger than ever. He’s one of my favorites on tour, great player with a great personality.

Back