Mcdonalds blender to the face. Deserved or not?

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.

I think she crossed the line but the broken face is too much.

Wait. So she got the wrong food and went inside (as you are supposed to) and instead of discussing it, she threw the food at them and was screaming and is upset they through something back?

Wait. So she got the wrong food and went inside (as you are supposed to) and instead of discussing it, she threw the food at them and was screaming and is upset they through something back?
supposedly waited over 20 minutes without anything being resolved, although it's not clear what her initial level of hostility was

I don’t think that’s what happened at all. Looks like they ignored her for nearly 30 minutes. Poor form on both sides

I don’t think that’s what happened at all. Looks like they ignored her for nearly 30 minutes. Poor form on both sides

But there was no violence during the waiting. That part sucks. Being ignored sucks. When she got violent, they responded with violence. To quote the great Urlich Bachman.

TepidGlaringDunnart-size_restricted.gif

But there was no violence during the waiting. That part sucks. Being ignored sucks. When she got violent, they responded with violence. To quote the great Urlich Bachman.

TepidGlaringDunnart-size_restricted.gif

The first question that came to my mind was how old the happy meal eating kids were that she left sitting in the car alone for 25 or so minutes.

The blender was definitely too much on the part of the manager. A Big Mac or some nuggets would have sufficed in this situation and we probably would not have ever heard about it.

I dont agree with throwing anything, both were in the wrong. Unfortunately I think she was ignored, and I am seeing this more and more. At Wendy's a few weeks ago I saw 2 people leave because they werent even acknowledged by the person working the register, and there was no one else in line! One was a military veteran, and I shook my head in disbelief as he was ignored and then walked out. Hindsight I should have said something, but trying to feed 3 kids I had other things on my mind.

She went in there for a Happy Meal, and ended up getting a McCafacial injury.

Well. Throwing a blender is definitely poor form. Of course throwing your food at a fast food employee is also poor form.

I fee like the blender thrower should have ended up in jail. But really the food thrower should have taken her wrong food and never gone back to that Micky D’s. And filed a complaint with corporate.

This is bad on many levels! Getting the wrong order, then waiting almost 30 minutes to be helped is ridiculous. As stated above, how old are the children waiting in the vehicle? You shouldn't be surprised when you escalate a situation to become physical, then someone retaliates with physicality!

she waited for a long time for them to fix something.... I would be upset too, but I dont believe I would be throwing all my food at them haha. I would have just left. less than $25 (which i get can be a lot for some).

no, she should have never thrown food at the manager. it does appear that she was beyond patient and respectful up to that point. the manager will be fired (it not already), and mcdonalds will pay the customer. both are wrong, but the manager throwing a large heavy object in response was not justified.

no, she should have never thrown food at the manager. it does appear that she was beyond patient and respectful up to that point. the manager will be fired (it not already), and mcdonalds will pay the customer. both are wrong, but the manager throwing a large heavy object in response was not justified.
Right. The manager could have called the cops at the point where she threw the food, customer would have been booted from the store, maybe charged with something and that would have been the end of it.

Wow!!! Ya that was handled bad by both parties involved. She waited patiently but shouldn't have thrown the food back at them. The manager definitely should not have thrown a heavy object at her.

As a former McD's manager myself in my younger days, I've been screamed at, cussed at and much more.

Never once did it cross my mind to throw a blender at someone :sneaky:. She waited patiently for 20 minutes or more.

Get the Lady her food, throw in an extra burger and fry, send her on her way and nothing else happens.

Times are very different now days tho.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you let the temperature of a bad situation get hotter. You just never know whats going to happen when emotions and tempers flare.

Bad deal for both....but could of been prevented wayyyyy before anything got out of hand

I'm not sure any of that warrants a kitchen appliance to the face, but still poor form all around.
Part of the fun of going to a fast food joint is seeing how they screw up your order this time.

I have about zero sympathy for her. The best way not to have something thrown back at you is to not throw food at someone first. She got about what she deserved, in my book. (But the employee should be fired)

This lady's going to be getting a big payday I'd reckon.

I think the question would be, is getting a blender the the face worth it? I suppose it depends on the dollar amount.

Back