McGladrey Classic

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
Looks like there is a good chance Ill be at the saturday round of the McGladrey Classic. A buddy of mine has some kind of connection through Coke for tickets. This will be my first time attending a tour event, so I am excited to see how everything works up close. I know this event usually doesnt get all the marquee names together but I hope to see kuch, sneds, Z Johnson, and some of the other locals as well as Davis. I met Davis when I was a kid while out and about. My Aunt used to have a house on the same street as Davis and told me who he was and being that I wasnt into golf when a kid, I just thought it was kinda cool. Mind you this was in his prime but I remember him being really down to earth with everyone and everything around him.

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
You're going to have a blast! Take some pics if you get the chance :golf2:

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
A goal the last 3 years of mine has been to make it down for the McGladrey. Have a conflict pop up each year. Looks like a blast. Have fun!

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
I can remember going to the US Senior Open many years ago when it was in Des Moines. To this day, I still remember how the players carried themselves, and how they did so well placing shots. I spent the afternoon on a Par 4, and 90% of the players all hit their approach shot from the same area right outside our hospitality tent. It was just crazy. I remind myself of that memory when I'm wanting to hit driver every hole.

I also was able to get Hale Irwin's autograph, among others.

But the point of this post is, you are going to have a blast. Take it all in. Watch their course management, watch their short game, get some autographs, have some laughs.

And take some pictures so the rest of us can be jealous.

~Rock

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in