McLovin - WITB Thread

How do you like the AD-HY compared to the iRod? What made you move on from the iRod? Major differences between the two?

c.a.eleric - WITB Thread

How do you like the AD-HY compared to the iRod? What made you move on from the iRod? Major differences between the two?

man i am delinquent in getting this done. i’ll make it happen next week!

i did a full bag fitting, and the ad hy just gave me the best numbers over other shafts like oban devotion, atmos blue, and i’m sure something else but don’t recall.

as far as differences, i can honestly say i can’t think of many. because the head lofts are different it’s tough to say. i would say i’m finding the middle of the face far more often, though i’m struggling with a consistent launch off the deck.

i feel that the irod was easier to launch, but the ad hy is more consistent and stable. but it’s 19* vs 21* so again not apples to apples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those wedges don't suck!!!!!

Those wedges don't suck!!!!!

i actually got rid of them pretty quickly and will take pics of the gamers when i update the thread. as pretty as they were and as good on full swings, we didn’t get along at all around the greens.

i actually got rid of them pretty quickly and will take pics of the gamers when i update the thread. as pretty as they were and as good on full swings, we didn’t get along at all around the greens.

What were your issues? Concerns?

What were your issues? Concerns?

i think it was the grind. i prefer a wide grind with a fair amount of bounce. i was told to go with wide low, and the low bounce was a killer. too many bladed shots that led to big numbers. granted my short game has taken a step back this year, but it's been much better with the new wedges that have more bounce.

man i am delinquent in getting this done. i’ll make it happen next week!

i did a full bag fitting, and the ad hy just gave me the best numbers over other shafts like oban devotion, atmos blue, and i’m sure something else but don’t recall.

as far as differences, i can honestly say i can’t think of many. because the head lofts are different it’s tough to say. i would say i’m finding the middle of the face far more often, though i’m struggling with a consistent launch off the deck.

i feel that the irod was easier to launch, but the ad hy is more consistent and stable. but it’s 19* vs 21* so again not apples to apples.

Thanks! The iRod is giving me good numbers but there seems to be something off that I can't put my finger on.

i think it was the grind. i prefer a wide grind with a fair amount of bounce. i was told to go with wide low, and the low bounce was a killer. too many bladed shots that led to big numbers. granted my short game has taken a step back this year, but it's been much better with the new wedges that have more bounce.

Im with ya. I hit a few balls with a buddies wedges not to long ago with less bounce and I really didn't like it. To me it felt like I didn't have any "help" with the low bounce unlike mine. I told him that and he said but mine really shine when the lie is tight. I told him depending on what you need to do there are many ways to play from a tight lie other than open the blade.

Thanks! The iRod is giving me good numbers but there seems to be something off that I can't put my finger on.

i 100% agree about something being just a little off. granted, i'm sure it was just me, but i really struggled to find a consistent path and contact in that setup. if you look at the face of that hybrid, it's scuffed everywhere from heel to toe. in my early stages with my new hybrid and the ad hy shaft, the ball marks are pretty tightly grouped in the middle of the face.

Im with ya. I hit a few balls with a buddies wedges not to long ago with less bounce and I really didn't like it. To me it felt like I didn't have any "help" with the low bounce unlike mine. I told him that and he said but mine really shine when the lie is tight. I told him depending on what you need to do there are many ways to play from a tight lie other than open the blade.

i've come to embrace bounce. i love it! i need all the help i can get with a short game that can be painfully awful. it's VERY rare that i hit a shot well around the greens, and come away thinking, "gee, that would have been so much better if there was less bounce on the sole of this wedge." i <3 bounce.

it's VERY rare that i hit a shot well around the greens, and come away thinking, "gee, that would have been so much better if there was less bounce on the sole of this wedge." i <3 bounce.

.....this

i 100% agree about something being just a little off. granted, i'm sure it was just me, but i really struggled to find a consistent path and contact in that setup. if you look at the face of that hybrid, it's scuffed everywhere from heel to toe. in my early stages with my new hybrid and the ad hy shaft, the ball marks are pretty tightly grouped in the middle of the face.

i've come to embrace bounce. i love it! i need all the help i can get with a short game that can be painfully awful. it's VERY rare that i hit a shot well around the greens, and come away thinking, "gee, that would have been so much better if there was less bounce on the sole of this wedge." i <3 bounce.

Go get that 4I re shafted with a hybo shaft! Otherwise your game is always strong but with a better short game? That’s dangerous

Go get that 4I re shafted with a hybo shaft! Otherwise your game is always strong but with a better short game? That’s dangerous

we'll see. i'll give the 4i with steel shaft a little more time before investing in a change. it performed really well for me the last time out.

c.a.eleric - WITB Thread

overhauled every spot in the bag since the first post, so time for an update! i’ll post individual pics below, and edit a later with links to threads.

the bag in her glory (although a couple small changes since this was taken)

738043432bfce17b727737e269b034ee.jpg

7bc60b656836f8c91cd4241606d7388e.jpg

67b206675ca5d7ccd4f76a267810cb9e.jpg

Last edited:
driver. i dabbled in the epic hype, and i’m done. one round with this old faithful in the bag and it was glorious. bridgestone j815 9.5* currently set to slight draw bias. shouldn’t have doubted her. only change is a temporary one. my thce16 custom shaft needs the callaway tip removed and bridgestone put back on. so in the meantime i have the mystery shaft in there. if memory serves, it’s a 60g version of the t800 in stiff flex. jman's review of the driver here and thp discussion thread here. thce16 mystery shaft posts start here on page 54 (desktop) of the thread and go through page 64.

84c9bfc753199c6e08dd4a39a9b5cc53.jpg

1d0e63eb2b2f7e288dda1be8e1ca0f92.jpg

Last edited:
c.a.eleric - WITB Thread

fairway wood. cobra f7 5/6. same as op series, but moved on from the hzrdus red and have been working with ust mamiya elements chrome+ 6f4. it’s 1/4” over standard so it plays a little more like a 4w. loft is set to 17.5*, heavy weight forward. i do love this club, but i wish it was a straighter or even fade bias flight. splitting hairs because it does perform really well for me. jman's review of the fariway wood here and thp discussion thread here. ust mamiya elements chrome thread here.

697f755e560ad21aacfcf2fb32ae181e.jpg

1a2091d15b013084e0474d1f37761126.jpg

Last edited:
hybrid. titleist 818 h1 with graphite design tour ad hy 85 stiff. playing the adapter at a1. absolutely loving this thing so far. really impressive distance even on mishits. maybe could use just a touch more launch on mishits but tough to argue with the results. a great club. titleist 818 hybrid thread here. graphite design shaft thread here.

51a8ad1bfdf87e9bc9a996c29640c268.jpg

6d4f0246631008a362f1ed3a798ebef2.jpg

Last edited:
irons. thanks to titleist and the ultimate club testing for the 718 lineup, i am rocking these beautiful 718 t-mb irons. 4-w, 2* flat with nippon modus3 tour 105 stiff. superb feel, excellent spin and just a joy to play. they check every box i can ask for. titleist 718 t-mb discussion thread here. nippon discussion thread here.

d24cbd4b5a26944dfa42a6aa01095aea.jpg

top down 8i
a50d2e9dd26a1e466409f8bb8348db90.jpg

5e24aeda00c50b93e942d7173204b387.jpg

Last edited:
in a moment of sheer stupidity, i wanted the nippon modus3 limited edition blue wedge shafts. but i didn’t want to mess with the pür wedges in my op series, so i bought new heads just for the blue shafts. and since i was buying new heads, why not go jdm?!

grindworks 86 series f grind in 54 and 58. they have a little offset, but they are rock solid performers for me. great spin, super soft feel. current bunker yips aside they perform great from the sand as well. some discussion on jdm wedges here. nippon discussion thread here.

dd9a05a447f01a32d65509127c3cea4a.jpg

efe2d483c0eb197f7bd467c2c236ccc8.jpg

8e11010d5df01f8b63debe19ba899433.jpg

fc43926cb4ecce7cef617dbc326d4e1c.jpg

Last edited:
c.a.eleric - WITB Thread

Great looking sticks there!
Wedges look awesome and those T-MB’s flat out perform

putter. odyssey o-works red 7s 33.5”. can’t say enough good things about this putter. super feel, true roll, point and shoot. absolutely love it. odyssey o-works red thread here.

98228be06ba69dbce87914928cb17420.jpg

Last edited:
great looking bag Chris

Set up looks good.

f8 driver set to 10.5. i’m not consistent enough to say whether the cnc milling of the face is helping me find more fairways, but i love the immediate visual feedback of contact and the durability is excellent.

0fc4c078367285fd266155fd79630c1b.jpg

4393403e4795ba13f505c882eab19e47.jpg

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f8-driver-review/

Back