McLovin - WITB Thread

I have no other words other than "those clubs are stunning!" Love the two tone!

c.a.eleric - WITB Thread

cobra king f8 3/4 fairway wood set to 16* with aldila 2kxnv blue 70 stiff shaft and f8 22* hybrid with ust mamiya recoil 780es smacwrap f4 shaft

8a5da15abaebbf688aee01ca0f16246f.jpg

d18352bd8747a0d378dc73db0e29ae68.jpg

8592c365a728b211b1c577681af6b9aa.jpg

0a1423f87e2ca5edeec8a4bc2cd6f2ef.jpg

d3b8395651dc49c7a12b413070109178.jpg

6aa4558c9d92a16a79c2d732973178e7.jpg

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f8-lineup-fully-connected/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another beautiful area of the bag is the wedges. love the shape, feel and performance of these king black wedges. 52/56/60 all with classic grind. stock s200 shaft with black finish. these have been very consistent for me.

572495ff4593ab4755d589c728411c88.jpg

62742cf8285d8865b30f8db0ce66c606.jpg

f50aa45f595c8ed94ccf3240bb1a7c45.jpg

ab4fd4e470b31bd3b81f1fcdcbf1d020.jpg

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-king-black-wedge-review/

cannot thank thp and cobra puma golf for the opportunity to be a part of the 2018 morgan cup!

229cb9648269ecc4fad37e391bba6c43.jpg

Looking good dude! Man the sandy conditions do a number on those fairways/hybrid

Looking good dude! Man the sandy conditions do a number on those fairways/hybrid

it’s definitely noticeable, but some of what you’re seeing is late morning direct sun reflecting off the face. amplified it a bit.

Really love how you are still bagging the Handcrafted Shaft! My game has gotten a lot better since the event so I had to go up to a stiffer shaft but it's good to see you still gaming the heck out of it.

Nice bag!

#FiberLaunch

That bag looks good Chris. I love the look of the black irons.

Great pictures Chris and what an awesome bag setup!

That driver face is sick!! nice setup

changes, they are a’comin

irons, sand wedge and lob wedge come next week. 3w and reshafted 5w either next week or week after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mods- can we update the title of this to my new user name McLovin?

somehow i brainfarted and never updated my witb for my grandaddy gear. my signature was updated, and reviews are all over the forum. the setup was:

Driver - Callaway MAVRIK Max 10.5 with Project X Riptide 60S
3W+5W - Callaway MAVRIK Max with Project X Riptide 70S
4h - Callaway Super Hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80S
5-AW - Callaway MAVRIK Pro Irons with True Temper Elevate 105S
SW+LW - Callaway MD5 Jaws X Grind with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Putter - Odyssey Marxman Triple Track 33.5

i was fit into that setup based on what i presented to my fitter at the ely callaway performance center that day. i hit all of those clubs beautifully at the fitting. as fun as it is to get fit into some high-end, exotic (and expensive!) after-market shafts, my results were best with stock setups.

the clubs performed ok for me at the grandaddy, but that's me succumbing to 1) the nefarious poisons that @Luke WilliamsCG slyly forces upon you under the guise of a good time, and 2) the pressure-cooker that is grandaddy matchplay.

over the next year or so, i changed out the fairway wood and hybrid. the fairway woods were really great, just too much left side danger. the hybrid was amazing in the fitting, absolutely automatic, but that was about the only time it genuinely shined. other than that, it was really rough for me. everything else stayed in place until early this year.

this year has seen some changes, though. i'll try to grab some pics soon, but will at least write up the changes in the next post.

One thing I always enjoy about a Chris equipment post is the honesty that comes with it. Looking forward to the changes that have been made since then because that was one killer bag setup.

somehow i brainfarted and never updated my witb for my grandaddy gear. my signature was updated, and reviews are all over the forum. the setup was:

Driver - Callaway MAVRIK Max 10.5 with Project X Riptide 60S
3W+5W - Callaway MAVRIK Max with Project X Riptide 70S
4h - Callaway Super Hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80S
5-AW - Callaway MAVRIK Pro Irons with True Temper Elevate 105S
SW+LW - Callaway MD5 Jaws X Grind with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
Putter - Odyssey Marxman Triple Track 33.5

i was fit into that setup based on what i presented to my fitter at the ely callaway performance center that day. i hit all of those clubs beautifully at the fitting. as fun as it is to get fit into some high-end, exotic (and expensive!) after-market shafts, my results were best with stock setups.

the clubs performed ok for me at the grandaddy, but that's me succumbing to 1) the nefarious poisons that @Luke WilliamsCG slyly forces upon you under the guise of a good time, and 2) the pressure-cooker that is grandaddy matchplay.

over the next year or so, i changed out the fairway wood and hybrid. the fairway woods were really great, just too much left side danger. the hybrid was amazing in the fitting, absolutely automatic, but that was about the only time it genuinely shined. other than that, it was really rough for me. everything else stayed in place until early this year.

this year has seen some changes, though. i'll try to grab some pics soon, but will at least write up the changes in the next post.
Looking forward to your updates my man. You’ve been grinding!

as mentioned above, the bag has seen a bit of an overhaul. i'll throw up some pics soon.

Driver - Callaway EPIC Max 10.5 with Project X IM10 50 stiff. The relationship with the Mav Max was hot and cold, hot on the range (mostly) but cold on the course. I wish I could pinpoint why. The EPIC Max has absolutely shined. I'm in the fairway, with decent distance, and so much more fun again. I'm not scared of the hook like I was with the Mav.

Fairway - Mizuno ST-Z 5W with Fujikura Motore F3 7S. I wanted something with forgiveness, launch and spin but without a left bias. That's kinda hard to find. The ST-Z is all that and more. It has the added benefit of being one of the best looking and sounding/feeling fairways I can ever remember hitting.

Hybrid - Callaway MAVRIK Pro 4h with KBS Prototype 80S. I tried this at my Grandaddy fitting and loved it, but it was gapping too closely with the Mav Pro 5i, so we decided against it. I wanted it to give it a run again, and I'm so glad I did. It's a great option on tight par 4s, long par 3s, and par 5 layups.

Irons - Honma TR20P 5-6, TR20V 7-10 with Nippon Modus3 Tour 115S Limited Edition Black. I bought the Nippon shafts first, and then needed a head for them! The Mav Pro were testing with too low launch and spin, and we found some better suited options. Honma weren't the most expensive of the heads we tested, but they performed as well as anything. The P feel, different, but are amazingly forgiving. The V feel amazing out of the middle, pretty good out of the heel, and like death is wearing a dirty diaper out of the toe. That said, I have hit more greens with this setup than maybe anything I've ever owned.

Wedges and Putter are the same. Wedge grooves probably are at the end of their lives, and I'm undecided whether to wait to see what Callaway is coming out with next, or just reload since I have loved the Jaws so much.

One thing I always enjoy about a Chris equipment post is the honesty that comes with it. Looking forward to the changes that have been made since then because that was one killer bag setup.

i appreciate you saying that. some (unfairly) see a change as a lack of gratitude, or going against the spirit of the sponsored event. an honest review, a fair shake, and a future opportunity is all that's ever been asked of me, and i appreciate your words more than you know.

Chris, I checked out the 20P over the weekend. You are right about the feel. The 20V scared me. :oops: Like a hot girlfriend that is more unforgiving than you want and hops on your every mistake.

Chris, I checked out the 20P over the weekend. You are right about the feel. The 20V scared me. :oops: Like a hot girlfriend that is more unforgiving than you want and hops on your every mistake.

haha 20v is slim

Back