Me Again Club Path & Smash Factor.

PuttForTheWIN

Reaction score
Handicap
-
Can anybody explain these for me.

There was a taylormade fitting day earlier today at my club on flightscope.

The best machine ever i have never seen such as cool machine!

I tried out an M fairway 3wood for 2 shots because someone was booked for a fitting. My club path on these shots were 1.3 left and 1.8 left and my smash factor was 1.48.

The fitter said i was aiming a fraction left also i don't know if that helps. Any advice is much appreciated.

I can, I believe explain smash factor. It is a ratio of swing speed to ball speed. So if you swing 100 Mph and your ball speed is 150 MPH your smash factor is 1.5. Something I'll never see!!

Thank you very useful to know

I can, I believe explain smash factor. It is a ratio of swing speed to ball speed. So if you swing 100 Mph and your ball speed is 150 MPH your smash factor is 1.5. Something I'll never see!!
Why will you never see that?

Why will you never see that?

He's just joking because the average for a PGA Tour Pro is 1.48 with driver and 3 wood.

pgatourstats.png

http://blog.trackmangolf.com/club-path/

The in-to-out or out-to-in movement of the club head’s geometric center at the time of maximum compression

Club Path is the direction the club head is moving (right or left) at impact and is measured relative to the target line.
http://blog.trackmangolf.com/smash-factor/

Smash Factor is ball speed divided by club speed

Smash Factor relates to the amount of energy transferred from the club head to the golf ball.

The higher the smash factor the better the energy transfer. A golfer would hope to achieve a smash factor near 1.50 on driver shots.

That means for a 100 mph club speed the ball speed would be 150 mph. The higher the loft of the club, the lower the smash factor is expected to be. A PW should have a smash factor near 1.25.

thank you for the information. I realise wasn't expecting the reactions from the fitter/I told my golf pro the numbers from today he was very impressed. Hence why i asked on here to explain this stuff because i have no clue about any of it!

a 1.48 smash is very good. small room for improvement, but still very respectable. the 1.3 or 1.8 left path is not too bad depending on what shot you prefer to play.

Can anybody explain these for me.

There was a taylormade fitting day earlier today at my club on flightscope.

The best machine ever i have never seen such as cool machine!

I tried out an M fairway 3wood for 2 shots because someone was booked for a fitting. My club path on these shots were 1.3 left and 1.8 left and my smash factor was 1.48.

The fitter said i was aiming a fraction left also i don't know if that helps. Any advice is much appreciated.
What others have already said. Just says that you're hitting the sweet spot very consistently. The 1.3 and 1.8 left means you're starting the ball just left of the straight target line - so it could be either a slight pull or just aiming and going left.

Back