Me and my 3W became best friends today...

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
After several tee shots and 3-4 fairway shots, this happened...

Awesome sooo tell us about your new best friend!

Awesome sooo tell us about your new best friend!

It's an old, xr 3w with a kuro kage, reg flex shaft that just feels incredible to swing...not sure what the length is (haven't measured it :facepalm:) but it's maybe an inch longer than my 3H. It's not a brand new, tech loaded club but it's working really well for me.

Happy for you - congrats!

Me and my 3 wood are getting a divorce after a very short courtship. She was a good looker but just didn’t put out, and I can’t have that when the 3 wood is an important part of my bag. The big tour 3 wood will be for sale when I get home and the 816 4 wood goes back in for now

After several tee shots and 3-4 fairway shots, this happened...

Love this. For me, it’s the club that is the most fun when you find one that just works.

The Cobra F7 was my old reliable for me. I traded that in for a newer younger 3w that is not as reliable. Longing for the good ole days with F7. I hope she takes me when I come crawling back. I might be stalking her on eBay.

Love this. For me, it’s the club that is the most fun when you find one that just works.

I’ve been putting it in play more the last few rounds but today was the first round that I played it the entire round.

Awesome to hear!!! Always a good time when a club clicks for you.

Know the feeling, my 3W has earned it's way back into my bag this spring. Now if I could just have it talk to my 7 iron.....

Hahaha!!! After having gone through about 4-5 3w I think I finally found the one for me. So, I completely understand the feeling!! Haha

Always great when things come together. I've hit some shots with the 3wd that rival my best drives.

It's an old, xr 3w with a kuro kage, reg flex shaft that just feels incredible to swing...not sure what the length is (haven't measured it :facepalm:) but it's maybe an inch longer than my 3H. It's not a brand new, tech loaded club but it's working really well for me.
Great when it works it works... No matter what it is

I wondered what that tingy, shrill sound was.

It must be your Epic Flash crying.

I understand. I broke out my old xpc 3w today & was actually hitting it rather well off the deck. So it will stay until I can find something newer & affordable to try.

The Cobra F7 was my old reliable for me. I traded that in for a newer younger 3w that is not as reliable. Longing for the good ole days with F7. I hope she takes me when I come crawling back. I might be stalking her on eBay.
yes. Especially, after the F9 3W didn’t work out...😢
I’ve currently got the F7 3W in my bag, and just bought an F9 today to replace it since I love my F8 5W so much... little nervous after reading these posts now!!

If I get any closer with my 3W, the wife is going to start getting suspicious!

Believe I'll be sticking with my 2016 M2 HL 3 wood for a long time. I can't seem to hit any other 3 woods. Well, except for a High Heat 3 wood but the loft on it is a strong 5 wood so I use it for a 5 wood.

well, the 3W continues to rope...but now I have to clubs that give me the same distance but it different ways (lower launch with the 3W vs higher with the 3H off the tee)...the 3W is the choice on fairways and the 3H in the rough...do I dare go to a slightly longer length shaft in the 3W with hopes of extra yardage? or do I keep the status quo?

What is it, about an inch and a half or so shorter than standard? I would say leave it, because you hit it well, but if I got the same distance out of the hybrid of probably try to get a little more out of the 3W.

well, the 3W continues to rope...but now I have to clubs that give me the same distance but it different ways (lower launch with the 3W vs higher with the 3H off the tee)...the 3W is the choice on fairways and the 3H in the rough...do I dare go to a slightly longer length shaft in the 3W with hopes of extra yardage? or do I keep the status quo?
I'd hesitate to switch it up if its working. That's just me because I love to hit my 3w when it's working, just so much fun!

Back