Me and My Golf Training Aids

I would almost kill to have target towels for all of my HS kids.

I played in a scramble tournament for our HS team a few weeks ago and the team we put together were all guys that were on my team when I was a senior. First time we've all played together since those days some 20 years ago. Throughout the round, we chatted about our old coach and things he used to make us to and those short game days were a big topic because they were fun and frustrating. He would lay out those circles using pennies and then would make us hit shots with our SW, GW, PW, 9, 8, and then would give us a 4 or 5.

Amazing that something like this hasn't come out yet! Always enjoyed there content. I believe they are still coaching Aaron Rai.

Well hot dang those are all very cool. The towels are briliant. Really curious on the balls for the putting mat. That sounds super interesting but also weird and confusing to my brain.

That chipping target towel and the club path towel look very intriguing. Awesome way to take a training aid out to the range or practice facility.

That chipping target towel and the club path towel look very intriguing. Awesome way to take a training aid out to the range or practice facility.
Yup, and leave it on your bag since it’s still an actual towel.

I can see the ball striking and target towel becoming part of my assortment of training product. Im also interested in the balls. Curious if they will be selling them separate.

Yup, and leave it on your bag since it’s still an actual towel.
I could see that putting one getting thrown in the mix for me as well, I struggle with alignment on the green (keeping a square putting stroke) and not cutting across the ball. The QR scan code lesson is a nice touch too, I love that the access to instruction has gotten so much easier for people.

I can see the ball striking and target towel becoming part of my assortment of training product. Im also interested in the balls. Curious if they will be selling them separate.
I think you'd want the mat because it has target lines for each ball. I guess unless you figured out markings for your mat or just went at with none?

Nice write up, and informative.

I have to admit that up till now I had not heard of these guys. I will however give their web site a visit now.

My training aids are few. A coin, two metal yard sticks, a Kallassey Swing Magic club, Birdie Balls, and I have used towels for chip/pitch targets like forever. I also can practice breaking putts iindoors, using hydraulics.

Like I said earlier. I will visit their website. If something trips my trigger, I might purchase it.

I think you'd want the mat because it has target lines for each ball. I guess unless you figured out markings for your mat or just went at with none?
Will have to do some research into the product. I can see the benefit to practicing breaking putts. I can roll straight putt after straight putt on my putt out mat. I like the idea of putt moving. I would also use them in my sim area. I have multiple cup placements in it. Being able to aim a foot right on a 12 footer should be advantageous.

Will have to do some research into the product. I can see the benefit to practicing breaking putts. I can roll straight putt after straight putt on my putt out mat. I like the idea of putt moving. I would also use them in my sim area. I have multiple cup placements in it. Being able to aim a foot right on a 12 footer should be advantageous.
At the moment they don't list the golf balls as being able to purchase separately. Hopefully they change that because I'd imagine people are going to lose some, especially with kids and maybe even pets.

Okay, that was an hour down the rabbit hole on chipping and pitching.

Having to have it perfect was my immediate concern. It looks like you line up the line on the ball with target marks on the mat. You still have to have the ball lined up properly for it to roll as intended I imagine, but it's pretty cool.

Pondering...

View attachment 9102392
I mean, that’s as easy as can be, no?

I mean, that’s as easy as can be, no?
Well, yes lol. If there was some witchcraft at play where the ball would roll with the same break no matter how you place it that would be pretty sweet :)

The towels look genius. I am not sure about the breaking balls for putting.

The towels look genius. I am not sure about the breaking balls for putting.
Truly cannot believe someone didn’t think up the towels before, it’s brilliant in its simplicity.

Truly cannot believe someone didn’t think up the towels before, it’s brilliant in its simplicity.
That and that they are multifunctional. The target can then help learning fades and draws. Insanity.

When I say training aid I wanted to skip opening this thread. Boy am I excited I didn't. These training aids have peaked my interest and especially the towel with the cut out. I have been focusing on path of club and divot over the last several months. I may need to take the plunge and if they don't work out I will just send them to @jdax as he is always looking for more training aids.

Great write up James!

That and that they are multifunctional. The target can then help learning fades and draws. Insanity.
It really is. It’s just….brilliant.

Haha yea the towels are just really good...I'm with everyone else, I'm dumbfounded how no ones thought of it before.

Yeesh, went to pre-order the Target towel and with taxes and shipping it is $50. Will wait to see if these are in golf shops.

i really like these guys. no idea if it's true, but they sure seem like they love what they do and their positivity is infectious.

Preordered ball strike and target towel. Free scorecard holder with each preorder. Free shipping total Less than 80.00.

Back