Meatloaf Yay or Nay

Do you like meatloaf

• Total voters
I can honestly say that I have never eaten a portion of meatloaf in my life, or even seen it on a menu! Presume must be an American thing?

I grew up eating excellent mom's meatloaf (OK, Boomer) but only have it less than once a year in a restaurant. Found a local that makes very good meatloaf, but it doesn't do much for me. It is comfort food for me, and I don't require that comfort. Sort of like spaghetti and meatballs - I love a good meatball but as I "mature," I eat less meat and pasta.

Absolutely ... love leftover meatloaf ... refrigerated and cold ... then make a meatloaf sandwich with my favorite ketchup and loaf bread ... down South ... Bunny Bread ... maybe put some Duke's or Blue Plate mayonnaise on it too ... my mom's was the best ..

Good eating ...

Our Mom's is always the best!

Part 1/ Having had it as a young fellow growing up of parents from United Kingdom , l can categorically state, that any meat that is a manufactured either home or purchased composite version , is a abomination . Don’t like the look, and the taste is bland , no ammount of culinary dark arts could magically improve it , best it’s taken out the back , a hole dug and it deposited like a time capsule to be opened approximately 3 centuries time. This is the case for the prosecution )

Part 2/ lf we are discussing Meatloaf the singer , early work spectacular, like a meteor he rose , having reached his zenith the trajectory then slowly decended and he burnt up..... ( With evidence submitted his performance at the AFL grand final some years ago , was universally horrid sounded like the early labour of walrus giving birth .... without pain relief ......

First of all, all meat is "manufactured" to some extent. You kill an animal and then carve it up! Some of it you may grind. However, I find it delightful that you are basically complaining about English cooking! Welcome to the club! Some of the most tasteless cuisine that has ever been inflicted on this world!

There's an old joke that kind of popped into my head just now, but I'm hoping that I can reconstruct it accurately. I think it goes something like this.

In a proper world the French are the great chefs, the Italians are the great lovers, the english keep the statistics, and the Germans run everything. In the bizarro world, the French keep the statistics, the Germans are the great lovers, the English are the great chefs, and the Italians run everything!

Our Mom's is always the best!

First of all, all meat is "manufactured" to some extent. You kill an animal and then carve it up! Some of it you may grind. However, I find it delightful that you are basically complaining about English cooking! Welcome to the club! Some of the most tasteless cuisine that has ever been inflicted on this world!

There's an old joke that kind of popped into my head just now, but I'm hoping that I can reconstruct it accurately. I think it goes something like this.

In a proper world the French are the great chefs, the Italians are the great lovers, the english keep the statistics, and the Germans run everything. In the bizarro world, the French keep the statistics, the Germans are the great lovers, the English are the great chefs, and the Italians run everything!
yes but u don’t manipulate the meat lol it’s usually the meat and nothing but the meat so help me meat ) lol .
Anglo heritage can’t be helped hahah re English food , moved to Australia when infant , best decision my parents ever made ) food from every nation and first grade standard.
Love that little verse )as a aside my daughter is actually a chef lol.

See, my Mom was able to purchase "meatloaf mix" at the local market, which was comprised of beef, pork, and veal. And then she would "doctor" it. Dice up onions so fine you wouldn't believe it. Same with green peppers. Add some egg and bread crumbs, salt and pepper, and there you go. My Mom didn't have a "recipe", she could do it by feel with hardly a second thought. And it was always good. True comfort food.

Meatloaf, some mashed potatoes and green beans? What in the world could be the quibble?

Oh God! What could be better?! Now that my Mom has passed I go to a local hot food carryout, where I can get meatloaf & gravy, and green beans and mushrooms! The mashers I get from the local store, either Bob Evans, or the other brand which I can't recall at this time, but is just as good. Oh! It's "Potatoes to Go"! They are both good.

Don't get me wrong, I could make beautiful mashed potatoes from scratch! No lumps, and very tasty. My Mom taught me. But the new stuff is just more convenient. I don't have to spend time peeling potatoes, boiling, and then mashing them!

The first time I tried some "instant" potatoes I found them lacking! Very grainy, and not very tasty! They have improved by leaps and bounds! They are all I use now.

I'm telling you, if you haven't cooked your meatloaf in an air fryer, you are missing out. Crispy on the outside and juuuicy on the inside.

Oh and I made grilled pepper jack cheese and meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers from the last one I made. Killer.

We never make meatloaf at home. But occasionally I'll order it when we go to a diner. And here in New Jersey diners are an institution and they rarely mess up the meatloaf.

A diner that messes up the meatloaf is the same diner that would mess up the apple pie!

Back