Meds and Vitamins

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
What medications or vitamins do you take on a daily basis? Please excuse me if you think this is prying but as a former pharmacist I just can't help myself. When a former customer would walk up to the Pharmacy I would go: "Oh here comes Mr. Diovan, crestor, and hydrochorothiazide. It's an unintended side effect of the business.

So, fess up.....who takes what every morning either medicinally or for the vitamin effect?

I take Verapamil to thwart Cluster Headaches, protonix because my stomach is ridiculous and an excedrin because of the caffeine. That's it. No vitamins. My deceased father in law was a physician and he always said that if you eat even moderately healthy foods you don't need vitamins and a very recent study was just published to support that position.

Last edited:

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
I take paracetamol when I've got the flu. That's about it, really.
You're still young. Meds taken increase exponentially past the age of 50. :shock:

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Nothing daily. I should but I don't.. sheer stupidity and laziness. Unless I'm sick and need to be taking something I'm not very good at taking meds/vitamins consistently

dannyka

Reaction score
Handicap
11.0 GHIN
I'm pretty good about taking the basic daily multi-vitamin.

Luckily, no health issues requiring any other daily medication, although I better keep an eye on that blood pressure!

bonknhead

Reaction score
Handicap
I take a multitude of meds for high blood pressure, diabetes and asthma, plus a men's vitamin/supplement combo that consists of 3 huge tablets. I would list them all, but they wouldn't fit on one page.

BTW, you spelled hydrochlorothiazide wrong Mr. Pharmacist, lol.

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
I take a multitude of meds for high blood pressure, diabetes and asthma, plus a men's vitamin/supplement combo that consists of 3 huge tablets. I would list them all, but they wouldn't fit on one page.

BTW, you spelled hydrochlorothiazide wrong Mr. Pharmacist, lol.
Have another look. Way past edit time. Maybe you have a smudge on your glasses! :D

bonknhead

Reaction score
Handicap
Have another look. Way past edit time. Maybe you have a smudge on your glasses! :D
It's still spelled wrong. You missed the "l". :D

bonknhead

Reaction score
Handicap
And I, you, Johneli.

Since I have your attention, I do have a valid question for you. I'm currently taking hydromorphine(dilaudid), as needed for pain following my RC surgery. Seems I've been making everyone mad. Does this med make one cranky?

halk

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.5
Metformin twice a day for my diabetes and a cholesterol-lowering tablet I take at night. Can not think of the name of the cholesterol med all I know is when I got the scrip I went to my local CVS to have it fill and the cost for name brand 30 days was $138.00:eek: generic was $58.00 went to Wal-Mart and the generic was on the $4.00 list. That is the only two things I take, I watch very closely what I eat and the portions I eat.

Spinscan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here's how I spell hydrochlorothiazide-hctz=simple.:D

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
I was taking Protonix also but my insurance wasnt covering it. I got tired of dumping 130 bucks a month so I switched to Zantac which comes to about 10 dollars a month. Its not as strong but it still does the job.

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
I was taking Protonix also but my insurance wasnt covering it. I got tired of dumping 130 bucks a month so I switched to Zantac which comes to about 10 dollars a month. Its not as strong but it still does the job.
I alternate between Protonix and Nexium 40. One tends to get refractory to the same med over and over. Nexium is a great drug.

provisional

Could Care Less
Reaction score
Handicap
10+/-
An 500 mg aspirin once a day. A few beers every now and then. Maybe a glass of wine with dinner as required by my better half. After that it is cold bottled water in massive quantities. Diet Dr.Pepper is my drink of choice, which I believe some else described as carbonated prune juice. I could better control my diet to lose some weight, again according to my better half. I don't argue with her when it comes to health issues.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Only supplements--acidopholus, calcium (just in case), multi-vitamin, iron (so I can give blood), that glucosamine stuff (darn knee), melatonin. Plus a fair amount of ibuprofin. Udo's oil in the winter because my skin gets so dry.

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I will take 800-1000mg of Ibuprofen if I have a bad headache.

Last edited:

JPsuff

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Humane
It's still spelled wrong. You missed the "l". :D
Well, if I Johnelli wanted to seem picky, he could point out that; "It's still spelled wrong" should read as: "It's still spelled wrongly".

But that's only if he wanted to seem picky. :D

I felt compelled to point that out.

(Must be the meds...)

-JP

bonknhead

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, if I Johnelli wanted to seem picky, he could point out that; "It's still spelled wrong" should read as: "It's still spelled wrongly".
Wait, are you JP, or are You and Johneli are the same person? :confused2:

If you are Johneli, you forgot the comma between the pronoun and the first name.

I've gotta get off those meds! :D

pjcedog

Reaction score
Handicap
I take multi vitamins pretty regular but not religiously, no prescriptions, will take a generic nsaid on occasion because I am old and achy at times but not often.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Multivitamin, Nexium for my acid reflux, 2 aspirins 350 mg, and Diltiazem to control my heart rythym. Was on metoprolol but the Dr decided to switch & see if the Diltiazem had any affect on the dizziness.

v3.0

Reaction score
Handicap
--
I take a multi-vitamin daily: I don't trust my diet to be particularly healthy or complete! During a good year, that will be the only type of pill I will swallow.

I once helped a friend pack and move, and was amazed when I picked up a box full of what must have been over 50 bottles of all sorts of vitamins and other supplements. She is otherwise normal! I didn't dare and ask her about it.....

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
Pharmacist, eh? Me too, haha (not really, just a joke)...mesalamine, iron tablets, often Prednisone and sometimes hydroco-apap (which I just call hapapy pills), among the regular OTCs. I used to take 6-MP, but I don't recommend it, it's a killer.

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
I have way to many to list,but here is a short list
Fish oil
Flax oil
Evening primrose
Magnisium
Glucosamine & Chondroitin With Msm

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in