Meds and Vitamins

I take Pepsid for acid reflux and stomach, Zyrtec for allergys, run of the mill pain reliever the occasional "swing" soreness and Dilantin (actually it's something new now, can't remember the name, doc changed me this year) so I don't fall on the ground and flop around like a fish anymore, lol. Brain tumor several years ago caused some side effects.

Other then that I'm fit as a fiddle.

here goes...
Micardis HCT 80mg
Phentermine 37.5mg (for ADD)
Effexor 75mg
Levothyroxine (underactive thyroid)

Speaking of meds - my wife and I both take Lipitor - me 20mg, her 10mg. We use a mail order pharmacy per our health plan.

90 day supply for my 20 mg costs $88.00
90 day supply for her 10 mg costs $211.00

I called and questioned and the rep looked up every dosage over 10 mg, and all cost $88.00 for 90 days, even the 80mg. So I asked him to find out why the 10mg would be so expensive. :confused2:

I was supposed to get an answer today - still waiting!

I have to load up on "Grunt Candy"* somedays seeing as it's a hard knock life with a ton of daily bumps etc, sometimes as much as 1500mg+ (3 x 500mg tab's a day)....plus keeps swelling/pain down to manageable levels when humping/rucking though muscle cramps, sprains et al. Actually went through RIP (ranger indoc) doing 2, 1000mg a day for the first week.....

Other than that just a daily sports multivitamin from GNC, and the cheapo one too, pretty much all the same from research I have done.

*Grunt Candy aka ibuprofen, and yes before yall complain I was doing as directed by my corpsman and was under a doc's care when ever going 1500mg+ a day, usual dosage is lower but it is called grunt candy for a reason.......realize it is hard on my liver/kidneys etc but it is a sacrifice I decided to make to be able to stay on the knife's edge.

Speaking of meds - my wife and I both take Lipitor - me 20mg, her 10mg. We use a mail order pharmacy per our health plan.

I called and questioned and the rep looked up every dosage over 10 mg, and all cost $88.00 for 90 days, even the 80mg. So I asked him to find out why the 10mg would be so expensive. :confused2:

I was supposed to get an answer today - still waiting!

Get the 20mg and break them in half.

Pharmacist, eh? Me too, haha (not really, just a joke)...mesalamine, iron tablets, often Prednisone and sometimes hydroco-apap (which I just call hapapy pills), among the regular OTCs. I used to take 6-MP, but I don't recommend it, it's a killer.

Every woman I know who takes hydrocodone calls them "happy pills!" They were called "worker's friend" by the guys who did physical labor because it gave them so much energy. Trouble was they couldn't feel the mild pain of a more serious injury to come because of the pain-relieving qualities.

Get the 20mg and break them in half.

Here you go:

Lipitor Pill Cutter Splits LipitorTablet in Half or Quarters

Every woman I know who takes hydrocodone calls them "happy pills!" They were called "worker's friend" by the guys who did physical labor because it gave them so much energy. Trouble was they couldn't feel the mild pain of a more serious injury to come because of the pain-relieving qualities.

I figured I wasn't original. :wink: I don't think they're that strong...there is nothing, NOTHING in the world as wonderous and amazing as intravenous Dilaudid.

there is nothing, NOTHING in the world as wonderous and amazing as intravenous Dilaudid.

Never had that, but intravenous demerol is pretty nifty.

Here you go:

Lipitor Pill Cutter Splits LipitorTablet in Half or Quarters

I figured I wasn't original. :wink: I don't think they're that strong...there is nothing, NOTHING in the world as wonderous and amazing as intravenous Dilaudid.

I can vouch for that - I had 24 hours of it following my RC repair. It's a good thing that the IV machine limited the amount of morphine dispensed, regardless of how many times I pushed the little button!

I take a one-a-day kind and Coral Calcium every day. And a big glass of orange juice.

Back