Meds and Vitamins

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
What medications or vitamins do you take on a daily basis? Please excuse me if you think this is prying but as a former pharmacist I just can't help myself. When a former customer would walk up to the Pharmacy I would go: "Oh here comes Mr. Diovan, crestor, and hydrochorothiazide. It's an unintended side effect of the business.

So, fess up.....who takes what every morning either medicinally or for the vitamin effect?

I take Verapamil to thwart Cluster Headaches, protonix because my stomach is ridiculous and an excedrin because of the caffeine. That's it. No vitamins. My deceased father in law was a physician and he always said that if you eat even moderately healthy foods you don't need vitamins and a very recent study was just published to support that position.

Last edited:
I take paracetamol when I've got the flu. That's about it, really.

You're still young. Meds taken increase exponentially past the age of 50. :shock:

Nothing daily. I should but I don't.. sheer stupidity and laziness. Unless I'm sick and need to be taking something I'm not very good at taking meds/vitamins consistently

I'm pretty good about taking the basic daily multi-vitamin.

Luckily, no health issues requiring any other daily medication, although I better keep an eye on that blood pressure!

I take a multitude of meds for high blood pressure, diabetes and asthma, plus a men's vitamin/supplement combo that consists of 3 huge tablets. I would list them all, but they wouldn't fit on one page.

BTW, you spelled hydrochlorothiazide wrong Mr. Pharmacist, lol.

I take a multitude of meds for high blood pressure, diabetes and asthma, plus a men's vitamin/supplement combo that consists of 3 huge tablets. I would list them all, but they wouldn't fit on one page.

BTW, you spelled hydrochlorothiazide wrong Mr. Pharmacist, lol.

Have another look. Way past edit time. Maybe you have a smudge on your glasses! :D

Have another look. Way past edit time. Maybe you have a smudge on your glasses! :D

It's still spelled wrong. You missed the "l". :D

And I, you, Johneli.

Since I have your attention, I do have a valid question for you. I'm currently taking hydromorphine(dilaudid), as needed for pain following my RC surgery. Seems I've been making everyone mad. Does this med make one cranky?

Metformin twice a day for my diabetes and a cholesterol-lowering tablet I take at night. Can not think of the name of the cholesterol med all I know is when I got the scrip I went to my local CVS to have it fill and the cost for name brand 30 days was $138.00:eek: generic was $58.00 went to Wal-Mart and the generic was on the $4.00 list. That is the only two things I take, I watch very closely what I eat and the portions I eat.

Here's how I spell hydrochlorothiazide-hctz=simple.:D

I was taking Protonix also but my insurance wasnt covering it. I got tired of dumping 130 bucks a month so I switched to Zantac which comes to about 10 dollars a month. Its not as strong but it still does the job.

I was taking Protonix also but my insurance wasnt covering it. I got tired of dumping 130 bucks a month so I switched to Zantac which comes to about 10 dollars a month. Its not as strong but it still does the job.

I alternate between Protonix and Nexium 40. One tends to get refractory to the same med over and over. Nexium is a great drug.

An 500 mg aspirin once a day. A few beers every now and then. Maybe a glass of wine with dinner as required by my better half. After that it is cold bottled water in massive quantities. Diet Dr.Pepper is my drink of choice, which I believe some else described as carbonated prune juice. I could better control my diet to lose some weight, again according to my better half. I don't argue with her when it comes to health issues.

Only supplements--acidopholus, calcium (just in case), multi-vitamin, iron (so I can give blood), that glucosamine stuff (darn knee), melatonin. Plus a fair amount of ibuprofin. Udo's oil in the winter because my skin gets so dry.

I will take 800-1000mg of Ibuprofen if I have a bad headache.

Last edited:
It's still spelled wrong. You missed the "l". :D

Well, if I Johnelli wanted to seem picky, he could point out that; "It's still spelled wrong" should read as: "It's still spelled wrongly".

But that's only if he wanted to seem picky. :D

I felt compelled to point that out.

(Must be the meds...)

-JP

Well, if I Johnelli wanted to seem picky, he could point out that; "It's still spelled wrong" should read as: "It's still spelled wrongly".

Wait, are you JP, or are You and Johneli are the same person? :confused2:

If you are Johneli, you forgot the comma between the pronoun and the first name.

I've gotta get off those meds! :D

I take multi vitamins pretty regular but not religiously, no prescriptions, will take a generic nsaid on occasion because I am old and achy at times but not often.

Multivitamin, Nexium for my acid reflux, 2 aspirins 350 mg, and Diltiazem to control my heart rythym. Was on metoprolol but the Dr decided to switch & see if the Diltiazem had any affect on the dizziness.

I take a multi-vitamin daily: I don't trust my diet to be particularly healthy or complete! During a good year, that will be the only type of pill I will swallow.

I once helped a friend pack and move, and was amazed when I picked up a box full of what must have been over 50 bottles of all sorts of vitamins and other supplements. She is otherwise normal! I didn't dare and ask her about it.....

Pharmacist, eh? Me too, haha (not really, just a joke)...mesalamine, iron tablets, often Prednisone and sometimes hydroco-apap (which I just call hapapy pills), among the regular OTCs. I used to take 6-MP, but I don't recommend it, it's a killer.

I have way to many to list,but here is a short list
Fish oil
Flax oil
Evening primrose
Magnisium
Glucosamine & Chondroitin With Msm

Back