Meet The Captains - The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf

Sitting at the airport in Savannah, I'm getting the same feeling as I had when I last visited Palmetto Dunes--I want to go back! Three great challenging courses within 2 minutes of each other in a beach community. Pretty much my favorite place ever.

This will work perfectly for the Gauntlet, and everybody that is lucky enough to get in, will be in for one heck of a treat.

Sitting at the airport in Savannah, I'm getting the same feeling as I had when I last visited Palmetto Dunes--I want to go back! Three great challenging courses within 2 minutes of each other in a beach community. Pretty much my favorite place ever.

This will work perfectly for the Gauntlet, and everybody that is lucky enough to get in, will be in for one heck of a treat.

I didn't get a chance to play the Fazio course, but I really want a chance to come back to Palmetto Dunes (hopefully as part of the Gauntlet). Arthur Hills is a tough layout and requires a lot of patience and precision off the tee. Course management is going to be absolutely crucial there. The RTJ course is a beauty and challenging as well.

After playing Arthur hills I can say I want another shot at it. I want to play it with smooth greens and SC humidity. I feel it will be a different course all together. Fazio I expect will be different as well.

This a perfect venue for this event. And the courses owe me a little something

I agree. This will be a great venue for The Gauntlet. Didn't play the RTJ course but would love a crack at all 3. Looking forward to more info and contests for this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This event has been on my radar. After playing there this past weekend, I am ready to go back and play there again so I need to be in this event!!!!!!

You would love this one man. No better event than team golf IMO.

The strategy, pressure, camaraderie...just can't be beat!

I agree. This will be a great venue for The Gauntlet. Didn't play the RTJ course but would love a crack at all 3. Looking forward to more info and contests for this event.

Its an awesome course, well worth the price of admission!

RTJ had the best greens of the 3 this weekend. Think I liked the Hills layout the most, but would like to play the par threes from the blues next time.

RTJ had the best greens of the 3 this weekend. Think I liked the Hills layout the most, but would like to play the par threes from the blues next time.
I agree, and I'll also add...to me at least, the greens were different at all three courses. Fazio was plugged, shaved, and fast as hell. Hills were a little more bumpy and a lot slower. RTJ greens were the truest and almost a combination of the other two.

Also, I thought the sand was different between Fazio and Hills. Soft and fluffy at Fazio, a little more firm, heavy, and packed at Hills.

Playing all three over two days will be a good challenge.

If any Gauntlet ZooCrew captains are checking the board and looking for resume builders, someone dropped a 74 on the RTJ course yesterday.

(Please ignore that person's round at the Hills course, however...)

Seriously, though, this will be a fantastic venue for the Gauntlet.

We are watching the board! Wow, should we now call you #RTJ74?

We are watching the board! Wow, should we now call you #RTJ74?

I'm not one to get caught up with a single score.

Plus, #Clive75 has a better ring to it.

I'm not one to get caught up with a single score.

Plus, #Clive75 has a better ring to it.

Well done to have those two sentences together.

#TheGaunlet plus #ZooCrew plus #THP equals heaven

Here is one thing I can tell you about Palmetto Dunes come September. It won't resemble the courses we just played. Why? Greens will be perfect. And the other thing? September Bermuda Rough. Rough like you Northerners, Midwesterners, and West Coasters know nothing about. The rough will be dense and knarley. If will take your ball and drop it to the bottom of a tangled web of overgrowth.

This past weekend we played in dormant Bermuda. Just imagine how the course would have played if everytime you were in the rough you could only advance the ball 100 yards.

Yes, Palmetto Dunes will be one tough cookie for the gauntlet. Perfect venue. 3 courses that will play even tougher than they did this past weekend.

Here is one thing I can tell you about Palmetto Dunes come September. It won't resemble the courses we just played. Why? Greens will be perfect. And the other thing? September Bermuda Rough. Rough like you Northerners, Midwesterners, and West Coasters know nothing about. The rough will be dense and knarley. If will take your ball and drop it to the bottom of a tangled web of overgrowth.

This past weekend we played in dormant Bermuda. Just imagine how the course would have played if everytime you were in the rough you could only advance the ball 100 yards.

Yes, Palmetto Dunes will be one tough cookie for the gauntlet. Perfect venue. 3 courses that will play even tougher than they did this past weekend.

OFT! One of the things I noticed while playing those courses this weekend was the presence of all that Bermuda rough bordering fairways and around greens. I had that same thought, Barry, that in September it will be in all its mature, gnarly glory. My home course is a lot like that, and plays very, very difficult when the Bermuda gets that way. I don't know how they will cut and prepare it, but, if they leave it a little long, it will makes those courses even more challenging. One can hope that, since they are resort courses, they might soften it up a little so that guests will want to come back. We'll see.

Having played all 3 courses just last weekend who ever gets into this event will be playing some fantastic courses and they are not easy by any means!

Having played all 3 courses just last weekend who ever gets into this event will be playing some fantastic courses and they are not easy by any means!

No doubt, greens will be faster and rough will be brutal

Just giving this a bump. Excited to hear more about The Gauntlet.

After seeing the logo on Chad's cube wall in his latest tiny studio segment, makes me want in even more!!!

I just mapped out how far Hilton Head is from Sarasota, now I just need to qualify!

I can't wait for the contests to start

Same here buddy it's going to be an awesome event

I agree buddy except awesome may not be strong enough word :)
Whether I get in or not I am excited to see it come together

I agree buddy except awesome may not be strong enough word :)
Whether I get in or not I am excited to see it come together

Yeah I'm bummed I won't be able to even try got another trip that same time lined up but I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Yeah I'm bummed I won't be able to even try got another trip that same time lined up but I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

That is a bummer. I hope I get in and I give you lots of updates :)

Back