Meet Your 2019 Grandaddy Team

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
One of the best things about THP events is following along and experiencing everything with the participants.

An average event may have 100 photos posted to the live thread. Even if you’ve been a THP member for years, there’s still participants that you may not know. So, in an effort to eliminate the “who’s that” from this year’s Grandaddy, the team wanted to create a thread that had our photos and a short bio about who we are, so come December, you won’t have to wonder who’s the guy shanking one off KEV’s forehead (oh wait, that was last year). :)

....now, on to the team.

Captain

image_35420.jpg

Screen Name: McLovin
Name: Chris E
Profession: Certified Public Accountant

Family: Married for 14 years, two boys under the age of 10

How long have you been a golfer: 20 years

What are you looking forward to the most: Bus rides! Unbridled access to the people who design the gear and tell the stories that get me excited year in and year out.

Which Zoo Crew member would you like to face: Dave Neville. I love learning about gear and why it does what it does and how the decision processes along the way affect the final product. He seems like someone who is just as excited to nerd out about this stuff as I am!

Assistant Captain

image_35405.jpg

Screen name: mikeg_74
Name: Mike G
Profession: Digital Forensic Investigator

Family: married, 2 girls and 2 dogs

How long golfing: almost 21 years

Most looking forward to: helping this team realize its potential before, during and after the event. I hope to take as many questions out of the equation so these guys can enjoy the trip and truly maximize the experience.

Contest #1 Winner - Jeff Neubarth's challenge

image_35413.jpg

Screen name: bigskyirish
Name: Mike M
Profession: Lawyer

Family: Married almost 11 years (Sabrina) with two boys (Emmett, 8 and Soren, 5)

How long I’ve been golfing: I started as a kid, but didn’t really play all that frequently until college.

Most looking forward to: Besides hanging out with everyone, a real fitting. I’ve never had one.

Zoo Crew member I’d like to face: Is whoever is playing the worst an acceptable answer? Seriously, I’ll go with Ethan. I got to spend some time talking to him at dinners during an event a few years ago, but we never had a chance to play together.

Contest #2 Winner - Being A Team Player

image_35407.jpg

Screen Name: JourdanInMich
Name: Jourdan
Profession: dinosaurs

Family: Married with 3 year old daughter and 2 week old son

How long have you been a golfer: Played since junior golf but quit for awhile and really found my love for it 5 years ago.

What are you looking forward to the most: Getting out to California, meeting my team and the Zoo Crew, and having the best 4 days ever.

What Zoo Crew member would you like to face: Would love to play at the GD with Chad or AJ - think we’d have a blast talking about new dad stuff.

Contest #3 Winner - Bring It To The Forum

image_35419.jpg

Screen Name: radiman
Name: Michael R
Profession: IT Professional

Family: Married to my lovely wife for 10 years (11 in Sept). We have two girls, 12 & 8.

How long have you been a golfer: I've been golfing for roughly 24 years

What are you looking forward to the most: I'm most looking forward to hanging with my new group of friends. These guys are a blast and our time together will be amazing

What Zoo Crew member you would like to face? Ooh, tough question. What can I say? Bring on Finley!

Contest #4 Winner - Expectations of the Capt and Asst Capt

image_35415.jpg

Screen name: zbeekner4
Name: Zack
Family: I’ve been married to my wife for 4 years. We have a 20 month old son and big dog named sebago. We met at work just outside of Atlanta and have been here ever since. I’m an athletic trainer by trade and work for a large hospital covering high school athletics.

How long have you been playing golf: I started playing golf when my 1st college roommate and now best friend was on the golf team and took me with him to the driving range. That same year I took a job at a country club, working 1 day a week and playing 4 days a week!

What are looking forward to the most? Meeting my teammates and hanging with the Zoo Crew. These are some of the greatest minds in the industry and it’ll be incredible to learn so much in just a few days. I’m also incredibly excited to get fit and for the first time, have an all new bag of brand new clubs!

Which Zoo Crew member would you like to face: Ethan. We were previous teammates at the gauntlet in 2017, although, truthfully I’d be happy to play against any one of the Zoo Crew guys!

Contest #5 Winner - Describe Callaway, The Company

image_35410.jpg

Screen Name: clarkgriswold
Profession: Consulting (not cereal)

How long you've been golfing: Maybe since age 7-8? I learned growing up taking lessons at local par 3 course, then was a caddy for a few years at a private course. I took a hiatus from college until my late 20s, but now it's my main hobby.

What are you most looking forward to: All of it really, most courses I play aren't even as nice as the driving range I've seen in the photos, so the hideaway will probably blow my mind.

From just a pure curiosity factor the tour and fitting probably has me the most intrigued, as i love seeing the inner workings of what makes one club work vs another, and can have 100% faith in the data I’ll be seeing on the range. The food and fun goes without saying.

Which Zoo Crew member would you like to face: Doesn't matter to me, this whole trip is all bonus time, so I'm happy playing against anybody the team needs.

Contest #6 Winner - Thoughts on Chrome Soft

image_35418.jpg

Screen name: snickerdog
Name: David
Profession: Office Manager

Family: Married, 3 children, and 3 beautiful grandchildren

How long have you been a golfer: I have been golfing on and off since I was 20, but took it up more seriously 12 years ago.

What are you looking forward to the most: I am most looking forward to seeing and hearing about the inner workings of Callaway and dinner at Al’s house.

If you had the choice, which Zoo Crew member would you like to challenge? I would like to the time to play all of the Zoo Crew members but would love to get in at least 9 with Finley.

Contest #7 Winner - Name The Man (AJ)

image_35417.jpg

Screen Name: tomcat
Name: Spencer
Profession: Aircraft dispatcher

Family: Married for 10 years, three girls (16, 14, and 9)

How long have you been a golfer: approx 4 years

What are you looking forward to the most: the time spent with my team, and the Callaway team. The dinners, time on the course, and bus rides.

Which Zoo Crew member would you like to face: AJ, Hashtag (have followed him on social the longest), or DNevs (for the knowledge).

Contest #8 Winner - Explain Your Game

image_35539.jpg

Screen name: badolds
Name: Dan
Profession: Own and operate a lawn equipment dealership
Family: Married 29 years to wife Carol. 23 year old son Erik

How long have you been a golfer: I played for 5 years in the nineties then took it back up in 2017

What are you looking forward to the most: Getting fit by the best in the business, meeting my teammates

What Zoo Crew member would you like to face: I am prepared mentally to face whomever I end up facing. BRING IT ON!!

Contest #9 Winner - Be A Firestarter

james2.jpg

Screen name: JMB3
Name: James
Profession: attorney
Family: I'm a bachelor living in downtown Milwaukee

How long have you been a golfer: I started playing golf after high school graduation in '04. Took a hiatus during and after law school. I've been back playing since '14.

What are you looking forward to the most: Making life-long relationships

What member of the Zoo Crew would you like to face: Not Finley! Haha. Literally anyone.

Contest #10 Winner - THP Moods

eddie.jpg

Screen Name: NoShanks
Name: Eddie
Profession: UX/UI Designer
Family: Married for 7 years. 2 kids (4 year old girl and 19 month old boy)

How long have you been a golfer: I've been playing since I was 3 years old

What are you looking forward to the most: Meeting everyone and getting to know the whole team and Zoo Crew! Also, the fitting and learning everything about Callaway.

Which member of the Zoo Crew would you like to face: Any one of them really!

Contest #11 Winner - Convince Cap/Asst Cap in GIFs

sizzle3.jpg

Screen Name: j_sizzle9
First Name: Jonathan
Profession: CPA
Family: Married for 6 years to a my wife Natalie with 2 young kids

How long have you been a golfer: I’m been playing golf since I was 4, and never had a formal lesson and basically been taught by my Dad.

What are you looking forward to: I’m looking forward to playing catch up quickly, meeting all the guys in person and making some lifelong friends.

Which ZC member would you like to face: Anyone who is competitive wants to go up against @JasonFinleyCG and try to tame the beast, I feel like @AJVCG and @HashtagChad would be super fun, but I’m going to go with @Luke WilliamsCG.

Last edited:
Great summary of the team. Excited to see who nabs the final four spots.

Nice mugs fellas! this is a great idea for a thread...

Looks like everyone is married and has kids. I'd fit right in.... ; )

Man, only 4 golden tickets left...

Very cool; like putting faces to names. I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the members already, but haven't met most of the team. A bunch of quality people already on this team. Cool to see one of the things you guys are most looking forward to is just being around each other.

This is a great idea.

Great idea for a thread! Like the added graphics below the pictures, especially ClarkGriswold, lol.

I see a few people wanting Finley already. Like it.

This is fantastic!!! Thanks for putting it together and sharing it with the forum.

Such a great idea and format! It's nice putting faces to the names more and getting to know each of you a little bit! Team is meshing very well together!!!

Awesome idea! Can’t wait to meet the rest of the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea for everyone across the forum to get to know the participants. Putting a face with the name is crucial to someone like me that can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. HA! :act-up:

This is a cool idea. Good job Team THP.

Having said that, they are all correct answers as to which ZC member you want to play since they are all pretty awesome guys, but I have yet to see a Luuuuuke response. Guy is an absolute riot.

This is a really cool way to get to know our THP Team better. We follow along with them on their journey leading up to, during, and after The Granddaddy so the personal get to know you touch is definitely classy.

Great job with the bios. Our team is filling out nicely this year. Hope you guys can bring the belt back!!!

Faces to names. This is a great post. Good to learn a bit more about you guys too!

Love it. Can't wait to see my face up there soon too. LOL!

Meet Your 2019 Grandaddy Team

Like the background write ups. Gets us to know the team that will take back the Belt back a little more . Excited to see who else is added

Last edited:
Well done, guys! Nice to put a face to the names pre-event!

Well done guys fun thread

Very cool. It's great to see the faces with the names.

I've got 4 more chances. Please, please, please . . .

200.webp

Awesome idea. It’s going to be fun following (or participating with!) this team.

Man what a great thread.

Here we go boys!!!

Awesome idea! Looking forward to seeing who fills out those spots!

Back