Meeting THP'ERS for the 1st time 3 important tips

Going on a THP binge ithe next few weeks. Canio on Thurs at Wild Turkey, The Armpit Cup on Sun., and then Nullnomad in San Antonio in a few weeks. Looking forward to all of them and more in the future; although it is tough explainig to the grandkids why I can meet people from the internet when they can't.

Sent from my LG G3

There's a funny story about being invited to spend some time in the special questioning room after being stopped by a border patrol agent while crossing the border to play golf with 3 guys whose names he doesn't know, but that he met on a golf forum called The HACKERS Paradise, and his forum name is ARMYgolf.
Hahaha omg classic

haha great story dude, THP is full of awesome people though. Never feel like you have to perform out there just because you're with THP --- Unless JB rolls around, then tank like most do haha (Ultimate Cooler)

I've been fortunate to be in the Ohio region for most of the local gatherings, which means I get to say "I'm with the THP or MikeDean group" hahahahaha
True! Ur name actually came up during our round this was a direct quote from me "wait.... Canadan lives in Ohio... not Canada? Mind explosion"

Haha. My first time meeting another THPer started off with "meet me at my hotel". Never forget the day I met Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats sketchy lol!

Going on a THP binge ithe next few weeks. Canio on Thurs at Wild Turkey, The Armpit Cup on Sun., and then Nullnomad in San Antonio in a few weeks. Looking forward to all of them and more in the future; although it is tough explainig to the grandkids why I can meet people from the internet when they can't.

Sent from my LG G3
Hahah thats classic. I will see u at the armpit!

Lost a bet with GolferGal - and i had to show up to a THP event in a skirt and wear the skirt for the entire range/warm-up time. Thankfully I took the time to perfect my Michelle Wie putting stance prior to the event.

Thank god it was a skort!

My first THP event was awesome this past weekend. Everyone was super friendly and no one made me nervous or uncomfortable at all. I probably only remembered a few of their real names tho :)

I do admit that I was nervous for my first tee shot on Saturday. But I gotta say it was due to not warming up on the range (Old Silo's range experience left a lot to be desired lol).

Looking forward to the next one.

I think one of the best "First time at a THP event" story goes to JaxGolfer1 explaining to his wife where he was going for the weekend.

"So you mean to tell me someone is going to pick you up here, and you're going to ride down to Sarasota to spend the weekend playing golf with a bunch of people from the internet you've never met..."
"That about sums it up."
"Don't get drunk and embarrass yourself."

My home course still asks me when my internet friends are coming back, haha.

yeah, but that's cheating isn't it?

I suppose it could have been a skirt with biker/compression shorts. I was trying not to stare.

I was remembering my first THP event, the first person that rolled up to me in a golf cart was Hawk, I was met with a friendly smile and handshake, and got to share a round with him that day too, with Morgan and Jesse. And the rest is history, I was already hooked, but after that round, I was a fan for life!

THP rocks!!!

First time playing golf w THP'ers was in Las Vegas - I met the guys on the range. TrueFx and MarcH were there, we hit it off well!

I remember my first THP event - #PersonalDistance. Erky picked me up, we drove to the course, saw about 10 guys on the putting green, about 5 green THP towels, shook a bunch of hands, and that was it! Great day all around!!

I always try to give my real name to the THP'ers who I am going to meet. Makes checking in easier.

I think one of the best "First time at a THP event" story goes to JaxGolfer1 explaining to his wife where he was going for the weekend.

"So you mean to tell me someone is going to pick you up here, and you're going to ride down to Sarasota to spend the weekend playing golf with a bunch of people from the internet you've never met..."
"That about sums it up."
Hahaha

Lmao. I thought maybe I was going to get catfished!

I would love to go to an event. Nothing even remotely close to me tho

What does it mean "to get catfished"?

What does it mean "to get catfished"?
That's when a guy drops out of an event last minute and sandbagger lightningbolt44 shows up in his place

I couldnt imagine asking them about u..... "excuse me im meeting a guy from the I internet. His name is either Mr. Meat or Mystery Meat?"
That would not be good.

Great thread. Brought back some seriously awesome memories of THP events for me. AC Invitational and I get up at like 2 in the morning to get on the road from Virginia to head to Jersey for an early tee time at Twisted Dune the Friday before the event. Drive to a random office Park thing and change in the parking lot head to the course and get to the bag drop and guy asks what the name is for the tee time and I have no clue. Aimlessly wonder into the clubhouse and meet Jlukes and Rob Wedge (I think). Head out to the range get over to the putting green and another dude who looked just a lost I did about 20 minutes earlier (this dude was O'Carroll). His bag drop story was great as well, just here meeting some dudes from the Internet! Hahaha great stuff

Piece of advice say your screen name first then real name you will be surprised how quickly people will get the first name down.

Hahaha the second one particularly hits hone for me.

As such, in the future for THP get togethers I'm probably going to post a pic of myself in my golfing attire and hopefully others will do the same!
This works for me! Look for the fat guy in bright clothing!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"That about sums it up."

Hahaha that's great. My wife had a similar reaction when I first told her about THP. I was a gamer back before kids and she would always give me flack about my Xbox buddies especially when we traveled to play tournaments. Never did I ever think I would have to explain to her why I was doing the same thing for golf lol

Hunny this guy I met on the Internet is gonna drive me across the country to play golf with 39 other internet friends. Somehow, we view that as ok haha

Can some of us newbies get the run down on this?
Basically the border guard asks Army why he's coming into the US, and he says "to play golf at Chambers Bay." He asks if he's meeting anybody there, and Army says "yes, three guys I met on a golfing forum called the Hackers Paradise." He asks if he has ever met these people before, and Army says "Nope."

Suspicion was apparently raised and so they pulled him aside for questioning lol

Basically the border guard asks Army why he's coming into the US, and he says "to play golf at Chambers Bay." He asks if he's meeting anybody there, and Army says "yes, three guys I met on a golfing forum called the Hackers Paradise." He asks if he has ever met these people before, and Army says "Nope."

Suspicion was apparently raised and so they pulled him aside for questioning lol
2 hours, which I'll never speak about, later...I was on my merry way.

This reminds me of the first time I played with SkiBumGolfer. I knew his last name from emails, but not how to pronounce it. I didn't realize this fact until the moment I'm at the desk to check in and they ask. I froze not sure what to say hahaha.

Back