Meeting THP'ERS for the 1st time 3 important tips

This reminds me of the first time I played with SkiBumGolfer. I knew his last name from emails, but not how to pronounce it. I didn't realize this fact until the moment I'm at the desk to check in and they ask. I froze not sure what to say hahaha.
Hahaha the stories of fun had because of my Frenchie last name are always classic

Im really look forward to my first one, unfortunately theres none anywhere near me this year :(.

There's a few things you'll learn once you start going to get together and events.

1.) score rarely matters. Honestly
2.) each time you go, it gets better and better
3.) You WILL become a traveler lol first its within your state. Then it's bordering states. Next thing you know you'll be saying "eh 16 hour drive? That's not bad at all"

There's a few things you'll learn once you start going to get together and events.

3.) You WILL become a traveler lol first its within your state. Then it's bordering states. Next thing you know you'll be saying "eh 16 hour drive? That's not bad at all"
Idk bout 16hrs. I did drive 2hrs to meet Jlukes and fireitup

I'm skipping step 3 all together, jumping right in going from nor-west to sou-east, no point beating around the bush here.

I'm skipping step 3 all together, jumping right in going from nor-west to sou-east, no point beating around the bush here.

Not a bad way to do it, is how I did my first one (the last demo day/outing at Reunion). :)

Great thread. Brought back some seriously awesome memories of THP events for me. AC Invitational and I get up at like 2 in the morning to get on the road from Virginia to head to Jersey for an early tee time at Twisted Dune the Friday before the event. Drive to a random office Park thing and change in the parking lot head to the course and get to the bag drop and guy asks what the name is for the tee time and I have no clue. Aimlessly wonder into the clubhouse and meet Jlukes and Rob Wedge (I think). Head out to the range get over to the putting green and another dude who looked just a lost I did about 20 minutes earlier (this dude was O'Carroll). His bag drop story was great as well, just here meeting some dudes from the Internet! Hahaha great stuff

Piece of advice say your screen name first then real name you will be surprised how quickly people will get the first name down.
I joined THP too late! Twisted Dunes is in my backyard :(

Back