Melin Hats - Reviews?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Melin brand keeps popping up in my IG feed and was curious if you guys tried/own any? If so, are they any good? Worth the $?

Seems that Phil Mc is a fan.

Cheers

Last edited:
Never heard off them. Just checked out their website, they have some cool stuff it seems!

never heard of them either...

Hard pass.

Hard pass.
Curious...what's the hard pass part, the price? They are quite steep for a hat. Could buy two or more for that price.

I just looked at the site, nothing eye catching that would require me to spend that much for a hat. Even if i won the lottery, I know better than to spend 60 bucks for a baseball hat

Pass. Price and snapback closure.

I like the looks (not the flat bill) but that price hurts.

I like that a high end (allegedly) hat is an option, but at almost $100 CAD I can't see myself ever giving them a try.
Also, quick browse on their site and no pics of the back of each hat annoys me.

The hat bin is overflowing. Even if I didnt own any hats, the first one i look at would not be this luxury brand. The sweat from my mongoloid head would ruin it outing #1. Hats are a dime a dozen in my book - Nike - Adidas - Titleist deals all pop up... even linksoul had a buy 1 get two free. Maybe I am out of the target audience on this one.

Pass. Price and snapback closure.

yes, for 60 bucks somebody better be sewing these in a relaxed perfectly fitted size with the hands untouched by scourge of modern societal influences

Unless wearing this turns me into Brad Pitt, or even better, @JasonFinleyCG...I'm out

Curious...what's the hard pass part, the price? They are quite steep for a hat. Could buy two or more for that price.
Price. Look. Phil. Price. Phil.

$100 hats? No way they're worth it and those don't even look cool. I guess it costs $70-$80 per hat to pay Phil to endorse them. That's what you're buying 😂

Maybe the next time I'm bundled up and randomly walking down the beach with my weights in hand I'll consider it.

HP_Sub_Image_2x_8a9c6c4e-c8db-467c-98aa-6571229cc5bf_700x.jpg

They look well made, but for 59-69 dollars, I can buy 4 - SPF 50 Panamas from Costco to keep my ears shaded, which I need after having a skin cancer on one of my ear lobes.

The Melin brand keeps popping up in my IG feed and was curious if you guys tried/own any? If so, are they any good? Worth the $?

Seems that Phil Mc is a fan.

Cheers
First, the reason it keeps showing up on your IG is because your an "High End" Guy 😆
I don't know, I might pick one up if times were a little better.
We can all question reviews however if we do believe them, there isn't a bad one there and some have 70 and over reviews.
If they last and don't show sweat stains, I mean I pay $20+ for a good Titleist hat that I get a couple of years out of.

Mods....lock this one up and throw it in the THPers say "ahhh hell no" bin.

Man I just cruised around their site and liked what I saw. But like others I got some sticker shock on them. They do look nice though and I love the variety of fits and styles they offer.

Price. Look. Phil. Price. Phil.

Is it bad the Phil factor turns me off too? Amazing what a sponsor can do.

Is it bad the Phil factor turns me off too? Amazing what a sponsor can do.
I know it’s contrary to 95%, but I can’t stand FIGJAM.

Too pricey for me, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a hat.

They had these hats at the course in Scottsdale at the Westin Kierland. I tried it on and the first thing I noticed was the quality. Definitely a higher quality hat. Almost bought it until I looked at the price. Didn't like it enough for that. However, definitely nicer than most hats out there. Quality of materials and weight just felt nice.

\\1588949968834.png
1588949990434.png

Back