Melin Hats - Reviews?

I wear mine regularly. Give them a rinse every now and again and have been really impressed. They have lasted me well longer than 3 times as long as other hats (figure I spend about $20 on a hat, so if it lasts 3 times that, I am making out even, if they last longer I am making out ahead).

I also like the different brims, I have a couple models and again am really impressed, but the initial price point is tough to swallow. I think you can get them on amazon with free prime shipping but haven't bought there just through the website direct.
Agree - wanted someone with these hats to post.

As someone who goes through golf hats or just lives with them being sweat stained in between cleanings, I am curious. @mancest interested to see some wear pictures when you have time!

I agree on the price, but new hats are going for $20-30 now and if these last a few years I don't see the issue with it. Everyone has different tolerances when it comes to cost.

This is the hat I have worn the most, the trenches hydro. Have double digit rounds wearing it, along with multiple trips to the range and wore it yesterday at my lesson. I can sweat at least halfway up the front of the cap and a couple inches down the brim... I bought this and the a game hydro (same quality I just didn’t care for the fit, prefer a flatter brim as it fits my glasses better) January 2020.

So 11 months, with probably 3months where this was the only hat I wore during rounds. I have washed this a few times but this got taken off after my lesson and dropped in the back of the car. Some discoloration on the white, will see if it comes out with some dish soap. If not, won’t bother me.

I will grab a pick of my Coronado when I get home, been wearing that for all my rounds since I got it end of last year. The rope annoys a friend of mine and the tee slot is really handy. The black has held up even better than the grey/white unsurprisingly.

5A615625-FA9D-49DB-8FCB-0AA5C711D237.jpeg96D40E96-02B2-4291-AAE7-52353F0F38F2.jpegC7C2DEF2-AA66-4A72-BDBA-D1D9AF49FABC.jpegF233D848-F0FC-4758-902C-2A82B2699F6A.jpeg

Nice! Yea white isn't in the cards for me, so not an issue there, but seems like the front has held up well. I'm officially pondering. 🤔

As someone who goes through golf hats or just lives with them being sweat stained in between cleanings, I am curious. @mancest interested to see some wear pictures when you have time!

I agree on the price, but new hats are going for $20-30 now and if these last a few years I don't see the issue with it. Everyone has different tolerances when it comes to cost.
Nice! Yea white isn't in the cards for me, so not an issue there, but seems like the front has held up well. I'm officially pondering. 🤔

I am one that normally goes through the clearance bin at my golf shop and grabs 2-3.... lets call them less than attractive hats to wear at the range because I will sweat through them in a few sessions. Last year I think the only hats I bought besides melins was 1 I picked up on a golf trip to a resort last fall. I can't say you will have the same experience, and if you are someone that likes to mix and match your hats to the rest of what you are wearing regularly, then don't spend the extra money on these.

I am one that normally goes through the clearance bin at my golf shop and grabs 2-3.... lets call them less than attractive hats to wear at the range because I will sweat through them in a few sessions. Last year I think the only hats I bought besides melins was 1 I picked up on a golf trip to a resort last fall. I can't say you will have the same experience, and if you are someone that likes to mix and match your hats to the rest of what you are wearing regularly, then don't spend the extra money on these.

Yeah haven't bought yet, but still thinking about it. do match hats, but only have a few that are in any sort of consistent rotation. If I do buy, I'll probably start with a grey one as that can match a number of things.

The Melin brand keeps popping up in my IG feed and was curious if you guys tried/own any? If so, are they any good? Worth the $?

Seems that Phil Mc is a fan.

Cheers

I just looked at the site, nothing eye catching that would require me to spend that much for a hat. Even if i won the lottery, I know better than to spend 60 bucks for a baseball hat

I've not seen them anywhere. I haven't seen their website. They don't sell them at Walmart or Target or in the mall (but it's closed due to Covid) and the price. I'm not paying that much for a hat.

At first I thought, "Aw, HELL NO!" Then I looked at the website, and basically thought the same, but noticed that there are actually 3 stores in my area that carry them! BTW, there are no such things as "baseball hats". There are baseball caps! Hats are Fedoras, Homburgs, Pork Pies, Bowlers, Derbies, Panamas etc.

I'm surprised that they are locally available here in Youngstown, Ohio! Maybe our economy is doing better than I thought. What this means is that I can go look at them in person and check them out. Still probably won't buy one.

anyone still using these, seeing them pop up various places. struggle to pull the trigger with the price and a closet full of other hats.

Open website and CC Sabathia is on the front page. ALT F4.

Purchased one from the neon collection for a summer/water hat. Really impressed with the quality but can't give much of a review at this point.

anyone still using these, seeing them pop up various places. struggle to pull the trigger with the price and a closet full of other hats.
I have 2 of them - some of my favorite hats. I have always found the bill to be a slight bit shorter than other hats (I don't know if it's really true), but they are very comfortable.

I have the knock off version of these. I was tired of walking around with nasty sweat stains on my golf hats. I didn’t want to pay the Melin price so I found something very similar at Walmart for around $20. The brand is Mission and it’s been great.
94C3A752-FC9E-409F-A658-463E952758D4.jpeg

A few nice colors but the styles of the top of the hats and the prices are a no for me

About all I play golf in or wear to the gym and they have held up remarkably well. ROI for me has been worth it, but I am a sweater and will run through normal hats in a max of a few wearings.

I will see if I can remember to grab some pics when I get home as one of the ones I wear to the gym has some staining on (not from sweating) but the other still looks pretty dang good despite being light colored.

If you are trying to find a hat that you can rewear repeatedly this is something to consider. If you are wanting to wear different hats with different looks, I would avoid them as other options at roughly half the cost.

Never heard of this company. It looks like a flat brill type hat

I've seen a lot of advertisements for these lately and they peaked my interest, but most of my hats are flex fit, dont really like the adjustable ones.

Got one as a gift..I love it. Its become my go-to hat and is much nicer than anything else I have it. It got gross and grimy..threw it in the dishwasher and it looks brand new. You can bend the straight brim to gently curved. This will last a long time.

The Aviator...yes, would have to go with the Aviator. Really? Oh hell no.

had never heard of these until a few weeks ago. Tried on my friends and was extremely impressed. Although I only tired it on I could clearly tell it was very high quality. Different than any other hat I’ve owned. I am a person that wears a hat just about every day. And one who wears the same hat until it’s out of life. So I am strongly considering spending up for one of these.

I read this thread often trying to convince myself to buy one. I have a gift card that would easily cover the cost and I wear a hat every morning when I work out and cycle.
I can but my brain is saying thats a lot for a hat.

Honestly, it took me a year to pull the trigger but I sweat a lot on my head and the hat looks new after almost an entire summer in the 100 degree weather. Totally worth it.

Just pulled the trigger on a A-Game hydro after receiving 20% off. I have a bit of a hat addiction so am pretty pumped.

Back