got the hat in today, looks good: couple quick thoughts on the A-Game Hydro.

comes with a cloth dual rope gym style bag. probably not super expensive, but nice to get something unexpected at that price. It is way heavier than any other hat I have picked up recently. Nothing I notice when I put it on, but just picking it up seems heavier than my other hats.

Will wear it this weekend when I play and report back. Will try to remember to snap some photos when I get home.

got the hat in today, looks good: couple quick thoughts on the A-Game Hydro.

comes with a cloth dual rope gym style bag. probably not super expensive, but nice to get something unexpected at that price. It is way heavier than any other hat I have picked up recently. Nothing I notice when I put it on, but just picking it up seems heavier than my other hats.

Will wear it this weekend when I play and report back. Will try to remember to snap some photos when I get home.

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing about the cap after you have played in it some.

No joke, I read it as Merlin, and thought wizard hat. Excited for that.

Melin on the other hand, not as excited. I do like the potential play on words (melin / melon).

If I am spending that much cash on a hat though, it had better be flexfit, and filled with more money.

No joke, I read it as Merlin, and thought wizard hat. Excited for that.

Melin on the other hand, not as excited. I do like the potential play on words (melin / melon).

If I am spending that much cash on a hat though, it had better be flexfit, and filled with more money.

For me it is all relative to what you are paying and what the hat is worth. I go through hats not because I love buying hats because I sweat through them. Most hats, if I purchase in a store are US$30. When I went to Harding Park they were US$39 for a travis Mathew hat I picked up (and looked at, didn't buy it). So, if this hat at US$52 lasts me twice as long as a hat that costs US$30 then it really isn't expensive, it is actually a good value for me.

Now, the question is will it last twice as long? We will see.

Last edited:
The product is interesting however the implied valuation on this product does not meet the analytical dataset... For that reason...

For me it is all relative to what you are paying and what the hat is worth. I go through hats not because I love buying hats because I sweat through them. Most hats, if I purchase in a store are US$30. When I went to Harding Park they were US$39 for a travis Mathew hat I picked up (and looked at, didn't buy it). So, if this hat at US$52 lasts me twice as long as a hat that costs US$30 then it really isn't expensive, it is actually a good value for me.

Now, the question is will it last twice as long? We will see.

As a hat fan, I have no issue with this rationalization.

As a cheapskate, I still have justifying the cost...... and that is from someone who utterly destroys hats from wearing them.

For us Canadians, the cheapest I can find is like $59 usd. Tack on the exchange, shipping, other costs..... thats a lot of loonies for some headwear.

So I wore this hat Saturday playing 18 on the warmest day so far of the young year. Was in the mid 60s and a little humid, an absolutely lovely day. Hat was comfortable, and I did not notice as much sweat on my head as I normally do, and when I got done there was a very fine outline of where some sweat had traveled to.... Wasn't sure if this was normal or if it would dry out.

Took it in my house when I was done, they were still there.... so I took the hat and got it wet completely and let it dry overnight. When I came back the next day there were no lines....

So not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I wore it again sunday, much cooler and windier day, no sweat marks. Will update as I go, but so far I am inconclusive on it being "worth" the extra money of most other hats.

Will update further as I use it more and see how it goes.

I’d expect nothing less from you Sean (y)

Wow. They are proud of those.

Having worn this more, especially while I had a lesson in doors where I sweat like a gallon in an hour plus, no stains...

I need to contact them and see if that is part of it, just get the hat wet and let it dry out and you are good to go. I don't know, but so far I am really happy with this hat, and most models would probably be on their last legs for me.

ummm....no

Really enjoying the hydro. Have worn it numerous times and sweated like a pig, rinsed it in the sink with water and good to go. I think the only hat that has lasted this many outings for me was the Callaway models and by now I think I would be ready to toss them and this one is still my go to.

Nice looking hats, but a little pricey for my tastes. :(

Back