Melted Plastic "Plug" on the heel side of Callaway 2019 Irons

kuyaariel

Reaction score
Handicap
I was reshafting a couple Callaway Big Bertha 2019 iron heads. I got a little aggressive with my torch. I didn't know the "plug" looking thing on the sole, heel side, could melt. I thought those were decorative pieces, to make it look like bore through Callaway heads of old when you needed to use shaft pins. Can I buy replacements anywhere?
reviewsetsole.jpg

Last edited:
Are these heads "bore through"? If they're not and this is just for aesthetics to give that appearance. You can, remove the old plug, get a new bore through plug, cut it to size and epoxy it in place.

EDIT: I had to replace one of these on an older set of irons ( I forget which model). All I did was fill that with black epoxy and it worked fairly well. I just had to be careful to keep the head resting at the correct angle for the epoxy to cure. So that could be another option.

Last edited:
You may want to call Callaway. Those borehead clubs have always been tricky to have work done or to find parts for me at least.

here is what I'm talking about
reviewsetsole.jpg

Those look like 2019 Big Berthas if I'm not mistaken and that plug is for weight saving/vibration dampening. It is not a true bore through like the old days. If it isn't melted terribly you'll be fine for instance if it just has small bubbles and it's the same general shape but if it's truly melted it'd be best to call callaway.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Back