membership Advice again

TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
yes or no would you go for it?
20 minute drive have golf buddies wanting to do it and split fuel or driving to play as much as possible.

www.bayforestgolf.com
* New Summer Memberships June 1 through August 31 Adult - $325

I would take up that offer in a heartbeat.

20 minute drive would be too much for me. But I do not know if other options are close by. I like to be able to scoot over to the course for range or playing.

Hell Yes! There is not any other answer. If you want to play golf you will spend more than that on green fees, only downside is variety, but you can still play other courses.

Great offer! And 20 minutes is nothing.

Sounds decent, go for it. And 20 minutes is nothing, heck the nearest fast food restaurant for me is 15 minutes away, nearest golf course is 20 minutes.

Yeah, I guess it is all relative. For us we have over 10 courses within 20 minutes.

20 minute drive would be too much for me. But I do not know if other options are close by. I like to be able to scoot over to the course for range or playing.

20 min drive too much? Gee the closest worth while place to play is 18 mins. Maybe coming from cali,I'm use to driving.Heck,I've been known to drive over 2 hrs to play

Not where we are. We have over 20 courses within 30 minutes of us and most of them are quite nice.

Sounds like a good deal, and a fun way to spend some time with friends.

It takes me about 10 minutes to get to our course from my house, but 20 minutes isn't too bad. Takes me longer than 20 minutes to get from work to course.

Yeah, I guess it is all relative. For us we have over 10 courses within 20 minutes.

Spoiled Rotten, I tell ya...

Spoiled Rotten, I tell ya...

I think it all has to do with the climate. We are blessed to live in a place where it's warm almost year around and with that comes lots and lots of golf courses. I grew up in South Florida and I think there may actually be more down there then where we live, instead of the Sunshine State they should call us the Golf Course state : )

20 minutes is nothing. It takes me that long to just get on the freeway sometimes, and I live right next to it.

While we're talking about how close we live to golf courses...

I live 25 seconds driving time away from my home course....and if you go through the path of the woods behind my house it leads you to hole 11.... hehe.

Thanks for all the replies and input!!

ok just found out that I would still have a cart fee at 14.04 for half on 18holes. that would be 70 a week if I played M-F..... I'm not sure what to do now.

I love the course across the street from my house but they don't offer any memberships and green fees are kinda high to play alot, anybody think it would be worth asking about a membership package anyhow?

Sure. Ask them if they offer a yearly pass to reduce cost to make it your home course. Many times they will work something out for you.

Giggin it up sorry don't shoot me.

Found a better course better price and closer!!! I love the internet!!

15minutes in Houston traffic $1200/yr, 2~600 payments. for M-F golf anytime with half a cart with GPS. I think I'm sold for real. 1800 to include weekends but I'm thinking I can do weekdays there and play weekends else where.

www.clearcreekgolfclub.com

That is a great deal.

You guys are killing me. JB with his 20 minutes is too far. And Aggie with his $1,200 per year.

Ugh, I have to driver 45-50 minutes for a decent course that doesn't charge me $100. And joining a club isn't even close to a financially viable option.

You guys have it good. Count your blessings!

Wow, I would either move or give up golf...hehe. We drive less than 2 minutes and I get mad that I do not love on the course anymore.

Damn typos.

Wow, I would either move or give up golf...hehe. We drive less than 2 minutes and I get mad that I do not love on the course anymore.

Ok, now you're just rubbing it in :beat-up:

The first is not an option. Besides, other than the high cost of living (including golf), I absolutely love everything about NoCal.

And I know you are joking, but your advice to give up golf reminded me of when I visited an allergist for my horrible hay fever condition. After running tests and determining I was highly allergic to all kinds of weeds, grass, trees, you name it (I'm so allergic that I can't even do the shots), she advised me to stay indoors as much as possible. When I told her I played golf, she recommended with a straight face that I should quit, or at the very least, not play during pollen season. I replied, 'for you to make that recommendation, you clearly are not a golfer'.

Back