JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
The short story

i can join a local ish club 2 courses in the area in an associates annual membership. You get 5 free rounds weekdays out after 12 on weekends 10% off the rest of the time.

it’s no worse than a break even deal, so no worries right?

the thing is it’s one price carts or no carts. I can walk if i choose (and i prefer this).

so opinions? are walkers shunned at places like this…that seem to encourage cart use?

thanks!

The short story

i can join a local ish club 2 courses in the area in an associates annual membership. You get 5 free rounds weekdays out after 12 on weekends 10% off the rest of the time.

it’s no worse than a break even deal, so no worries right?

the thing is it’s one price carts or no carts. I can walk if i choose (and i prefer this).

so opinions? are walkers shunned at places like this…that seem to encourage cart use?

thanks!

I do this at South Riding, and get discounts at Pleasant Valley as well. Makes sense for me because I play league at SR, so it pays for itself easy. Both courses now allow pushcarts, but AFAIK the rates remain the same regardless of whether you walk or ride.

JonD that’s a bingo! Same place. I was just wondering if the other members sort of kind of dislike walkers. That my talk i question. I’d hate to be in the wrong side of niceties on the first tee!

Not in my experience. Both courses and the patrons seem to be fine with both. I see people pushing and carrying almost every weekend. Now that it's cooling off I'll probably start pushing more. One of the few positives to COVID is them letting pushcarts back out. Prior to that it was riding or carrying only.

SR requires a few street crossings if you don't want to walk around to the tunnels. The one spot on the front isn't bad, but the ones on the back can get a bit squishy. Believe a maintenance vehicle got stuck on the cut through to 15 a couple weeks ago. PV though is pretty straightforward. No houses and no streets to cross so it's a good walk. Some hills but nothing too hateful.

I will add that I think it's worth the cost. SR's clubouse and practice area isn't the greatest, but being able to play on the weekends for $50 is pretty good around here. Most comparable courses are more expensive. Even some of the lesser public courses cost more. If you play once or twice during the week, using the free round punches, then it's all the more worthwhile.

Thanks again, my main concern was related to walking. I really prefer it, with the electric push cart 99% off the time.

I think pleasant valley may be closer for me.

are tee times relatively easy to get?

Thanks again, my main concern was related to walking. I really prefer it, with the electric push cart 99% off the time.

I think pleasant valley may be closer for me.

are tee times relatively easy to get?

If you're looking for a foursome during prime hours on a weekend, you have to book a week or so out still. Ever since COVID hit it's been pretty booked everywhere around here.

I’m usually a single, assume they can pair me up most of the time!

Golf daily?
Does it meet your needs?
Do you like the courses?
2 courses. 2!!

I thought you were moving soon? Make sure you can get a refund.

do it!!!:D

Golf daily?
Does it meet your needs?
Do you like the courses?
2 courses. 2!!

I thought you were moving soon? Make sure you can get a refund.

do it!!!:D
This is basically an annual discount card, for 2 more courses with discount pricing is good. Some of the real munis just don’t keep up maintenance wise.
The cost of the membership is given back in 5 free rounds. My issue was putter exclusive to walking vs riding and how the team members might take to that.

But yes, probably will!

Ordered one. If it arrives early enough, may test out a course this Sunday. All depends on the time availability.

Ordered one. If it arrives early enough, may test out a course this Sunday. All depends on the time availability.

I usually just pick mine up at the course. If you bought and you don't have your card, they should be able to look you up on the computer. The card is how they track your free round usage though. I keep mine in my wallet or in my bag.

Thanks, I’ll likely keep it in the wallet, but the bag makes great sense, one less worry.

I’m assuming they’ll send it, if today, could be here tomorrow or Thursday. Then I’ll try to get a tee time, if earlier than my twin lakes time, good to go.

thanks for your comments in this thread. Hope to meet you and play in the coming year

Ah ha ha! you went and did it! I hope you enjoy the courses and play well(y):D(y)

Ah ha ha! you went and did it! I hope you enjoy the courses and play well(y):D(y)
Why not!? There c2 are closer than one that i play regularly and cost less than two others. If i just play 5 times (the free rounds) I’ll break even.

in hindsight it’s a no brainer, though I’m still i the fence as to walking ( my preferred wayto play)

Bro! If'n you wanna walk, get to walkin'. If'n you wanna ride, get to ridin'. Don't let other people's feels influence your pursuit of happiness!

Walk on bro!!!:D

Bro! If'n you wanna walk, get to walkin'. If'n you wanna ride, get to ridin'. Don't let other people's feels influence your pursuit of happiness!

Walk on bro!!!:D

Agreed. Don't be shy about walking. I've been on both sides of that at multiple courses around here and no one has given me any issues.

I’m not. Simply put some places don’t allow pushcarts. That was my concern/issue.

but this is not one of those places. At least for now. The game has become so much more enjoyable even in extreme heat with the electric pushcart.

Back