Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As we approach yet another Memorial Day let me thank each and every service member within the THP family. Thank you for your service your sacrifice and your dedication.

As we approach yet another Memorial Day let me thank each and every service member within the THP family. Thank you for your service your sacrifice and your dedication.
We that serve thank you and this isn’t to down the appreciation, but this weekend isn’t about us that are serving or have served and are still living. This weekend is about those that paid the ultimate sacrifice and didn’t get to come home. Thank you again though.

I know probably everyone here has a family member who served and is no longer with us. Thinking of all those sacrifices is important.

I tear up every year on this day.

Every American should. If you don’t think about what it really means. A thousand, nay, a million+ 👊.

We that serve thank you and this isn’t to down the appreciation, but this weekend isn’t about us that are serving or have served and are still living. This weekend is about those that paid the ultimate sacrifice and didn’t get to come home. Thank you again though.

Yeah I know all this. Yet I still spend the weekend appreciating those that serve(d) and will honor all those that never made it home. Thank you for your service sir! I’m glad you’re still here. I know we have a Veterans Day for that but damnit, it’s never an issue to thank a vet. Next older fella you see with a vet hat on, and I don’t care who you are, thank them and shake (Covid rules) their hand.

You want to see a smile and then usually a bashful “it was my pleasure”.

Damn I love America.

Yeah I know all this. Yet I still spend the weekend appreciating those that serve(d) and will honor all those that never made it home. Thank you for your service sir! I’m glad you’re still here. I know we have a Veterans Day for that but damnit, it’s never an issue to thank a vet. Next older fella you see with a vet hat on, and I don’t care who you are, thank them and shake (Covid rules) their hand.

You want to see a smile and then usually a bashful “it was my pleasure”.

Damn I love America.
Oh yeah for sure man. Thank you. It’s just some misconstrue this weekend. It’s a very humbling experience when you lay wreaths on graves of fallen or past soldiers and sailors, so it was just to bring even more light to what this weekend is about. Going to funerals of fallen ones is not fun. But I appreciate your thanks and have a great weekend.

Oh yeah for sure man. Thank you. It’s just some misconstrue this weekend. It’s a very humbling experience when you lay wreaths on graves of fallen or past soldiers and sailors, so it was just to bring even more light to what this weekend is about. Going to funerals of fallen ones is not fun. But I appreciate your thanks and have a great weekend.

Appreciate you man!

Memorial Day is incredibly special. I admire and respect all that have served and those that have given the last full measure of devotion to their country. Thank you all

Land of the free because of the brave! ❤🤍💙FB_IMG_1621966569676.jpg

Hope everyone gets out this weekend to enjoy a round of golf, some practice on the range or a BBQ with the family. Let’s also remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice that allows us to enjoy those freedoms and the things we like to do. Enjoy the weekend my fellow hackers.

Question for Americans from a Aussie , can you let me know why Memorial Day is on the day it is ? Significance ...
We have Anzac Day , which relates to the landings at Gallipoli in Dardanelles Turkey. Just curious ....

Question for Americans from a Aussie , can you let me know why Memorial Day is on the day it is ? Significance ...
We have Anzac Day , which relates to the landings at Gallipoli in Dardanelles Turkey. Just curious ....

Without going too deep, it was originally called Decorations Day going back to the 1800s. Originally it was May 30th as it was a day that had no particular battle attached to it. In the late sixties, Congress changed the law to be the last Monday of the month to give Federal employees a three day weekend and make it a federal holiday.

Hi all update lve looked it up and had a read now more informed .thanks

Without going too deep, it was originally called Decorations Day going back to the 1800s. Originally it was May 30th as it was a day that had no particular battle attached to it. In the late sixties, Congress changed the law to be the last Monday of the month to give Federal employees a three day weekend and make it a federal holiday.
Thanks JB . Appreciate response.

All gave some, some gave all

Thank you to our Armed Forces!

1622384125993.png

To those who payed the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy today!
RIP Hero's

As a veteran who "made it through", I spend this day remembering the friends who made the ultimate sacrifice. I appreciate everyone who supports active military and veterans. A lot of us got out of the service at a time when most of America was against the war in Vietnam and those people had no trouble expressing their displeasure with anyone in uniform.

It's a tough day. That we still need to put ourselves in harm's way is a testament to our species unwillingness, or inability, to mature to a level where war, genocide, and terrorism are things of the past.

For those that made the ultimate sacrifice, I salute you...Semper Fi!

It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

Remembering and respecting all our military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice. We are truly the land of the free because of the brave.

Back