Men's club players (non THp events) local groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery Meat

Ben Hogan Fan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad Gas
Signed up for my 2 nd men's club group yesterday for the 2016 season that plays our local municipal course. Really like their group and enjoy that it has many different age groups and handicaps as members. They meet every Wednesday / Saturday and Sunday at noon and play a A/B/C/D handicap system 2 best ball team competition. The one best ball is from the A And B players and the C and D are another ball. Fun fun stuff , but unfortunately they also play paradise rules everywhere as well. So you get one club length drop if your behind a tree for example! Having fun and getting back into playing and meeting new people is my objective anyways

Here is a question / we have a semi private club that requires you to have a membership to be in their men's club . The membership is $2100 a year but includes cart/ golf/ unlimited range balls and access to all their events and men's club. The course is really mediocre / but the group of guys - gals are super competitive . They play some great team and individual formats throughout the year. And even have a Ryder cup event that keeps track of your points to see if you can make one of their squads for a year end event.

Would you spend the $2100 to get involved in this ? Even if the course is marginal at best ? The other men's clubs in the area are more relaxed on the rules. Where the $2100 group is more about competition? Also I would only be playing this course with this group once a month with my schedule as it is a ways from my home. Would this be a waste of $2100 ?

I'd have to play a lot to get my money's worth out of that, but I'd rather have $2100 for a year's worth of THP Events. The people are great and the courses are a lot more fun.

Doesn't sound like a terrible deal though, if that's the thing you're looking for.

If you can only play the course once per month, paying its $2,100 annual membership does not make good sense.
Join your local municipal course group and have fun.
As for observing the Rules of Golf, you can do that whenever you like. And when the opportunity presents itself you can play better conditioned courses.

I bought a membership for the year at the local country club .. Just isn't my thing . I walked in to the local muni, payed my $35 mens club fees and stayed and shot the crap for an hour with the guys. One thing I'm sure of; with this group I will have a lot of fun. I already know a few of these jokers and we laugh everytime we see each other .

Thanks for the replies... Agree with the responses. Can lock thread

$2100 to play once a month isn't worth it in my mind. I like to play various courses and giving up that much to just play with a group once a month is hard to justify and I could drop $2100 on travel for THP events or other golf expenses

I really don't like mediocre and/or easy golf courses so I would never pay $2100 to join a mediocre course. I guess I've become spoiled with all the private, upscale public, and resort courses I've played over the last 30 years.

Nope, not paying for mediocre golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back