Mesh Networks for Home Use

I don't have any of that... it wouldn't save me since I'm bound to DSL and my wireless needs are minimal and met by a single router.

Given a good budget, I'd love to run an internal network, non routable IP's, DHCP reservations and scope assignment to limit connections, reverse DNS, all running on IPSEC tunnels to a NATing firewall... overkill? Most likely. <-- All buzzwords I hear at work.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Google mesh network, and have had great experience so far.

Well thanks for teaching me something new today - Expert in Mesh Networks.

Purpose of these to make sure coverage and speed is expanded? If I generally get good reception and have a modest house do I need this?

Well thanks for teaching me something new today - Expert in Mesh Networks.

Purpose of these to make sure coverage and speed is expanded? If I generally get good reception and have a modest house do I need this?

If you already have good coverage, then you don’t really need it. If your coverage is bad or you have dead spots then this could be the way to go.

I still need to implement one at our house, just haven't pulled the trigger on one

I currently have the Deco M5 system with 4 units placed on each of the 4 corners of the house. Works great and have had absolutely zero issues with any devices getting a solid connection. I think that is helped by 3 of the 4 units connecting via ethernet vs. wireless connection though. Have great connection in my yard and can stream from home server via ear buds while doing yard work without an issue.

Have great connection in my yard and can stream from home server via ear buds while doing yard work without an issue.
I'm unfamiliar with this term highlighted in bold. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm unfamiliar with this term highlighted in bold. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
See, when not in the desert, green stuff grows from the ground all over the yard and needs to be tended to. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We have the Google Home wifi network, main hub in next to the router, 2 hubs, one in my office and one in the Master bedroom. We stream tv through Hulu Prime and a couple of other apps

quick note seeing some mesh network products recommended. Make sure whatever you are getting actually makes sense for what kind of internet speeds you are paying for (and resulting service).

It would suck if you are paying for gigabit internet but are using a system that can only support up to 85 mbps off the satellites/nodes.

quick note seeing some mesh network products recommended. Make sure whatever you are getting actually makes sense for what kind of internet speeds you are paying for (and resulting service).

It would suck if you are paying for gigabit internet but are using a system that can only support up to 85 mbps off the satellites/nodes.
good call.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me, Cincinnati internet is a hot trash can of turdiness.

View attachment 8943261

For some reason, at one point, it was 199.99

The Tri-band Wall-Plug WiFi is 199.99. That one will cover 5ksqft, yours will cover now 6k. Makes more sense to do what you bought if you have to deal with upstairs/downstairs/basements. The 199 makes sense for me since it's just fill the gaps in the house.

The Tri-band Wall-Plug WiFi is 199.99. That one will cover 5ksqft, yours will cover now 6k. Makes more sense to do what you bought if you have to deal with upstairs/downstairs/basements. The 199 makes sense for me since it's just fill the gaps in the house.
haha, they were both 199 brotha, just got to be patient.

My guess is you can't go wrong either way.

We’ve had an Orbi Mesh system with two satellites that we love and I just added the outdoor range extender. We now have coverage surprisingly with no speed loss even 60 yards from the satellite. My two daughters will be very pleased as cellular coverage is not alway great where we are, they can now stream their music when they are out sunning themselves on the dock.

ABA3EC12-CE94-4423-B412-D51E51C40433.jpegC8776267-C1A0-4209-B19C-8660901FBFD2.jpeg

Back