Messy burrito or not messy burrito

Messy or neat?

• Messy

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Neat

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
I voted for both, and a lot of it depends on what I am doing. Sitting down at the kitchen table or a restaurant, I am perfectly fine with a messy burrito, knowing the plate and utensils will help me. Now put me on the couch, or in car, or even a golf cart, and neat is the way to go. Last thing I need is a neat burrito that begin to turn messy near the end (hi chipotle!), especially if I have no plate or utensils to save it. Plus I consider it a badge of honor to have a chipotle burrito stay intact during the entire meal without breaking. :geek:

In my mind a neat burrito is dry and a bit bland, mostly because the taste of the tortilla dominates. A messy burrito is better because adding anything (salsa, cheese, sauce, etc) to the top (outside) of the burrito before you eat it adds so much flavor it takes it to the next level. Just my 2 cents.

Messy burritos are to be eaten over a plate with an extra tortilla to catch whatever drops/drips out. Bonus!!

Never eat a burrito like this.

5444624-6320513-image-m-2_1540563641182.jpg

I vote burrneato.

Messy burritos are to be eaten over a plate with an extra tortilla to catch whatever drops/drips out. Bonus!!

Never eat a burrito like this.

5444624-6320513-image-m-2_1540563641182.jpg
Dude looks like Gollum attacking that fish.

I'm not messy, I'm Smothered!

new-mexican-green-chile.jpg

Now I want Mexican for lunch.......

I am firmly in the neat burrito and finger food camp while on the go. It should have the perfect amount of guac, sour cream, and sauce inside, so as to not be dry, but fully flavored. Only the most minor of drips should be observed.

If sitting down, there is a lot to be said for a healthy amount of red of green chile sauce and melted Jack cheese under the broiler!

Last edited:
A messy burrito is better. In order for a burrito to be neat, it would be lacking sauce. I like a lot of sauce on the inside of the burrito... Red sauce, pico, some sour cream, a little quac... PERFECT! Yeah, it's not ideal for food on the turn.

With that said, I don't like wet burritos (when they coat it with sauce on the outside.) I'd rather all the saucy goodness be on the inside.

Man I'm hungry now... Almost lunch time. Carne Asada burrito with some cheese, cilantro, guac, sour cream, and pico will be today's choice. Thanks for the lunch idea.

Give it to me neat and in a wrapper.

I am firmly in the neat burrito and finger food camp while on the go. It should have the perfect amount of guac, sour cream, and sauce inside, so as to not be dry, but fully flavored. Only the most minor of drips should be observed.

If sitting down, there is a lot to be said for a healthy amount of red of green chile sauce and melted Jack cheese under the broiler!

There's the on-the-go snack/lunch burrito (neat), and the meal/dinner burrito (smothered)! (y)

See. KEV gets it too.
I think @dazeedmonds hasn't figured out proper food yet. It will happen.

Theres a whole lot of things he hasnt figured out yet. But, @KEV is by no means an expert on southern border cuisine. Id imagine everything in South Daklota is pasty and white....much like the outside of a burrito

Theres a whole lot of things he hasnt figured out yet. But, @KEV is by no means an expert on southern border cuisine. Id imagine everything in South Daklota is pasty and white....much like the outside of a burrito

If you live in Cleveland you cannot use geography trash talk. I am pretty sure we have been over this. :ROFLMAO:

A good burrito should have to be eaten with a knife and fork. Burrito enchilada style is the only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you live in Cleveland you cannot use geography trash talk. I am pretty sure we have been over this. :ROFLMAO:

right. we have. but just cause is the southernmost dakota doesnt mean they CANT be map shamed by someone "more souther" than them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

right. we have. but just cause is the southernmost dakota doesnt mean they CANT be map shamed by someone "more souther" than them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More Souther...Not by much. :ROFLMAO:
This thread has given us Clevetown and Willywood for our Mexican Food capitals of the world :ROFLMAO:

Messy for me ... and by messy I mean saucy inside, saucy enough that you have to make a conscious effort to keep the mess inside while eating it. If it's squirting out every nook and cranny, well that's just a poorly made burrito regardless of the content. I think that's a different issue all together.

Not sure I'd be eating burritos at the turn anyway. As noted earlier, the back nine could get ... sketchy.

My vote is for neat, like to be able to eat my burritos on the go and it being neat makes it so much easier.

I want it neat enough I can eat it while driving if necessary.

What’s the point of having finger food - burritos, sandwiches, hot dogs - if they are too messy to eat with your fingers? That’s why I hate chili dogs. They’re delicious, but I need a knife, fork and a bib to eat one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not saying messy burritos aren't great. Im saying that burritos can be great without being messy.
Which is why I say they are the perfect food for at the turn in golf.

agreed

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Can't go wrong either way, but I'm going with the neat burrito in this context.

Also, burritos at the turn might be a game changer.

Back