• Neat

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
@JB and I are discussing burritos on Twitter.
To resolve this conflict of the ages I come to you THP.
Is a messy burrito (full of sauce not sloppily made) better than a neat burrito?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not saying messy burritos aren't great. Im saying that burritos can be great without being messy.
Which is why I say they are the perfect food for at the turn in golf.

Im not saying messy burritos aren't great. Im saying that burritos can be great without being messy.
Which is why I say they are the perfect food for at the turn in golf.

Well. That’s a possibility, but I’ve found very few great and not messy burritos. But I’ve picked this hill, and I will defend it!! ??

Well. That’s a possibility, but I’ve found very few great and not messy burritos. But I’ve picked this hill, and I will defend it!! ??

Expand your horizons outside of Willywood. :oops:

Expand your horizons outside of Willywood. :oops:
Willywood is not my territory, I go to visit occasionally though.

I just love hot sauce.

We all know that @KEV can assist with this debate. So can @GolferGal

Not sure I want a "beat" burrito (check autocorrect in OP...lol) to try for comparison purposes, but messy with good stuff flowing out everywhere always tastes as heck of a lot better than a burrito that has far too much paste-like refried beans to glue all the ingredients in the shell.

Not sure I want a "beat" burrito (check autocorrect in OP...lol) to try for comparison purposes, but messy with good stuff flowing out everywhere always tastes as heck of a lot better than a burrito that has far too much paste-like refried beans to glue all the ingredients in the shell.

Wait, why does a proper burrito filled appropriately all of the sudden have to be vegan or only include glue like beans?
Its like you rural folk have never had good food before :ROFLMAO:

I definitely prefer a burrito I can eat with my hands vs one that's covered with sauce on the outside and requires a knife/fork. If that's what you mean by neat vs messy.

So, I agree that a burrito would be a good food for the turn, however, I voted for the messy burrito because I believe all foods need lots and lots of sauce. I cannot eat a burrito without putting some kind of salsa all over it.

Let me go deeper here, I can do a handheld burrito as long as I can put salsa on the top of each bite I am about to take. I just don't want a plain dry burrito.

not a fan of messy burrito where I make a mess everywhere and fighting to keep everything in.

typically that’s because it has too much sauce in it.

neat burrito gets my vote.

Wait, why does a proper burrito filled appropriately all of the sudden have to be vegan or only include glue like beans?
Its like you rural folk have never had good food before :ROFLMAO:

Not saying only beans, but way more than needed to cut down on the tastier, more expensive ingredients and to appease the burrito eaters that do not want to get their precious hands dirty.

So, I agree that a burrito would be a good food for the turn, however, I voted for the messy burrito because I believe all foods need lots and lots of sauce. I cannot eat a burrito without putting some kind of salsa all over it.

not a fan of messy burrito where I make a mess everywhere and fighting to keep everything in.

typically that’s because it has too much sauce in it.

neat burrito gets my vote.

Exactly, too much sauce is used to cover up bad taste and technique.
At the turn food should be clean and delicious.

A burrito is a hand food so it should be self-contained when well constructed. One with extra sauce, inside or out, requiring a knife and/or fork is better termed an enchirito.

A burrito is a hand food so it should be self-contained when well constructed. One with extra sauce, inside or out, requiring a knife and/or fork is better termed an enchirito.

Parrot, you are a genius.

If I'm at an authentic Mexican place, I like mine sloppy, with some cheese sauce or something of the like on top, with grated cheese on top of that. We have this Jumbo burrito at a local place, and it is good with or without being messy. I can also do a neat burrito if I'm on the go, but those would be much smaller in size. Like a taquito, but a small burrito not a taco. Burquito?

A burrito can be great without being messy. As a connoisseur of all things Mexican (shocker i know) a messy burrito is best served sitting down among friends/family taking your time to enjoy each bite.

The neat burrito is there to get a quick bite of some great food, without having it's contents fall out all over the place.

I definitely prefer a burrito I can eat with my hands vs one that's covered with sauce on the outside and requires a knife/fork. If that's what you mean by neat vs messy.

see @GolferGal’s post below for what I mean

Let me go deeper here, I can do a handheld burrito as long as I can put salsa on the top of each bite I am about to take. I just don't want a plain dry burrito.

See, you get me!

A good hot sauce is crucial to a great burrito.

A burrito can be great without being messy. As a connoisseur of all things Mexican (shocker i know) a messy burrito is best served sitting down among friends/family taking your time to enjoy each bite.

The neat burrito is there to get a quick bite of some great food, without having it's contents fall out all over the place.

See, MikeG spits truth.

see @GolferGal’s post below for what I mean

See, you get me!

A good hot sauce is crucial to a great burrito.
As long as it's properly made and wrapped, a burrito with plenty of sauce can certainly still be neat. I stand by my "neat" vote. I'd never turn down a messy one, but I'd be wishing it had been made better.

I have to go neat burrito. You can squeeze everything you need in to a tidy little burrito package. That and I'm not big on messy food.

I have to go neat burrito. You can squeeze everything you need in to a tidy little burrito package. That and I'm not big on messy food.

See. KEV gets it too.
I think @dazeedmonds hasn't figured out proper food yet. It will happen.

obviously contest is everything here. of course you're not going to want a saucy mess at the turn. that's absurd. but at a sit-down or take-out restaurant, give me all the sauce.

Back