Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

Anyone going to be around either Wednesday or Thursday next week? I plan on getting in one round, it will be around 4pm as that’s the earliest I can play. It will be somewhere around Arvada as I will be playing with one other person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap leaving for Yellowstone/Tetons that day. Have a good stay and I hope you get to play with someone.

The ball goes a mile here...holy crap. I already hit it far but gee whiz...

I will be in town but have a softball game at 7. May just call out of the game. Will check in early next week to see if spot is still open.

Edit:

Been far too long partner! No Vodka or lemonade this time!

I’m in town, you going to make it tomorrow?

Still up in the air, but I see you brought the heat with you. Will know tomorrow

Humidity...pffft

Had a fun afternoon playing with you J4U, it was really good to see you again and get a round in. Glad you could make it out.

It was a lot of fun and thanks for the invite being offered! Far too long since our last round and always a blast teeing it up with you. Afternoon/evening rounds are apparently not the best time of day for me... Ha. Would do it all over again though!

Have a blast this weekend and safe travels!

It was a lot of fun and thanks for the invite being offered! Far too long since our last round and always a blast teeing it up with you. Afternoon/evening rounds are apparently not the best time of day for me... Ha. Would do it all over again though!

Have a blast this weekend and safe travels!

You actually played golf? :alien:

Just moved to area so will watch this thread. Would like to start getting out now that we have settled into our place. Shoot me a PM if you want to get out and hit 'em.

Steve

Hey Denver folks,
I'm looking at a round at Green Valley Ranch on Thursday, August 1 around noon and then heading to the beer garden before heading to the airport. Anybody interested?

Just moved to area so will watch this thread. Would like to start getting out now that we have settled into our place. Shoot me a PM if you want to get out and hit 'em.

Steve
Will do. Traveling a lot at the moment but will for sure get in touch.
Hey Denver folks,
I'm looking at a round at Green Valley Ranch on Thursday, August 1 around noon and then heading to the beer garden before heading to the airport. Anybody interested?
Would be a blast but doing some remodel's of gym's that week, so I'm out. If you par the last three holes, make sure you get your free ! Yep...they are that tough! Have only done it once.

Hope someone jumps at the chance!

Would be a blast but doing some remodel's of gym's that week, so I'm out. If you par the last three holes, make sure you get your free ! Yep...they are that tough! Have only done it once.

Hope someone jumps at the chance!

I was wondering why the last three holes were shaded on the card. That's a tough ask with the elevation change, but I'll try!

Hey Denver folks,

I might be available...

Sent you a pm on Green Valley. I'm in if you set it up.

I PM'ed you and have you down for a yes.

I might be available...

Let me know by Friday. I'm going to get a caddie (no cost other than a tip at GVR...and also at CommonGround, for future reference) because I like to walk and want to support their caddie program.

Thanks to Citrusdude for making the trip to play with me. Our single Joe was a lot of fun and our caddie Kevin was pretty cool too. A little local knowledge definitely went a long way on a few holes!
de07df97bf9f52adc0f9d5e9a9a95962.jpg
43e8f3f944cf3eaa2c1f719d52285910.jpg
abf3cfadc5d7be81d55c4ab3d41e98f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks to Citrusdude for making the trip to play with me. Our single Joe was a lot of fun and our caddie Kevin was pretty cool too. A little local knowledge definitely went a long way on a few holes!
de07df97bf9f52adc0f9d5e9a9a95962.jpg
43e8f3f944cf3eaa2c1f719d52285910.jpg
abf3cfadc5d7be81d55c4ab3d41e98f6.jpg

Most excellent! That par 3 over water is a blast in the winter...bounce off ice game.

That pic of 16 is awesome, the start for a free beer. Those tree's are magnets...stay left or park it in the driveway up towards the green. About as wide...ha.

Did you bite off just enough on the whole before that over water par 3?

So many good holes out there. Especially 9 with the so called hole in one from the black tees...whatever.

Glad you had fun!

Last edited:
Most excellent! That par 3 over water is a blast in the winter...bounce off ice game.

That pic of 16 is awesome, the start for a free beer. Those tree's are magnets...stay left or park it in the driveway up towards the green. About as wide...ha.

Did you bite off just enough on the whole before that over water par 3?

So many good holes out there. Especially 9 with the so called hole in one from the black tees...whatever.

Glad you had fun!

No free beers today! I pulled my 3w left on 16 into the environmental area. I thought that I hit a good tee shot over the water on that par 5 (12?) and then the wind just took it farther and farther right to a watery grave. The greens were amazing and fast after they hosted the Colorado Open last weekend.

What the heck happened to our local golf crew??
Lets really try to get together while the weather is still nice.

I'm good Tuesday, Wednesday, and select Saturdays.

I want to pull a couple shafts and have new adapters put on them. Where do you recommend I go in the Denver area (preferably near Highlands Ranch)?

I was planning to just go to Golf Galaxy or PGA Tour SS but thought I’d ask for recommendations first.

Back