Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So is the Mevo+ the new & improved SkyTrak? Price Point is in line, but they seem to be touting more stats & data can be provided with the addition of a few courses to play.
I see they are hosting a web introduction next Tuesday.

I need to know more...

Not to me. Others experiences may vary a bit.

Have you had experiences with both? Are the additional data points & courses the differences between the Mevo & Mevo+?

Just doing some initial reading on the devices this morning.

Have you had experiences with both? Are the additional data points & courses the differences between the Mevo & Mevo+?

Just doing some initial reading on the devices this morning.

Generally speaking, it is a newer and more full featured MEVO.
I struggle with the aspect of that kind of money for a device that gave us fits at every turn. But then again, I know people are antsy and want the consumer friendly launch monitors. I just think we are 1-2 years away from something that provides a fair bit of accuracy and overall good experience.

I preordered one about a week and a half ago. Currently they at minimum test and ship the US units through their South Africa office which is closed. There's no real estimate when that will open up again, so it will be a while before they get over the Corona hump.

From everything I've read and seen, there are pluses and minuses compared to the Skytrak.

Skytrak struggles in light, and since I'm hitting this outdoors without much shade that pushed to the Mevo+. Skytrak requires A LOT less space. Mevo+ works best with at least 7 feet from the unit to the tee and 10 feet of ball flight. With unlimited flight (ie the range) it is said that the Mevo+ is very accurate for the price.

Last edited:
There are a few differences from the Mevo. It's going to have more data parameters, including angle of attack. Also, the ability to perform simulation is a plus.

mevo-table[1].png

The reported issues I've seen on some early units was too high of spin and launch angle off driver into a net, as well as inconsistent spin axis (reads fades instead of draws, etc)

fwiw, I'll be putting up thoughts (+ and -) once I get the unit in, which I won't expect until June at the very earliest.

Also, if you want more info, on youtube there's a channel called GolfSimulatorVideos that's been testing the unit and providing feedback to Flightscope. Dude has an unreal setup, and has added a ton of content on it over the last 2 months.

you keep pissing in my cheerios about personal launch monitors. I want one (for no good reason, admittedly), but you and your damn facts keep shutting it down lmao

you keep pissing in my cheerios about personal launch monitors. I want one (for no good reason, admittedly), but you and your damn facts keep shutting it down lmao

I say get one then.
Im sure you can have fun with it.

I say get one then.
Yeah, this is my thinking @McLovin I'll have fun with this, and if Foresight comes out with a similarly priced product (which I'm fairly certain would be better) I can offload it for an acceptable loss. Would think the same if I had gone for a SkyTrak unit

Yeah, this is my thinking @McLovin I'll have fun with this, and if Foresight comes out with a similarly priced product (which I'm fairly certain would be better) I can offload this or the SkyTrak for an acceptable loss.

FWIW, I think the SkyTrak is more accurate than the Mevo+ in my brief encounters. At least in terms of consistency.

FWIW, I think the SkyTrak is more accurate than the Mevo+ in my brief encounters. At least in terms of consistency.
Thanks JB. I don't doubt that. My big holdup was that my setup is outdoors, and sunlight supposedly bothers it quite a bit.

Thanks JB. I don't doubt that. My big holdup was that my setup is outdoors, and sunlight supposedly bothers it quite a bit.

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do.
$2,000 is a lot of money, and if someone thinks they are getting what they want out of this type of device...awesome.

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do.
$2,000 is a lot of money, and if someone thinks they are getting what they want out of this type of device...awesome.
A LOT of money. fwiw, during the current situation this is one of the few areas that have shown significant growth. SkyTrak is backordered. Flightscope can't meet demand. Not something companies can plan for, obviously. Would have been awesome to have a Foresight option in that range. $2000 was a lot for me; $5400 for a preowned GC2 was unfortunately out of budget but by all accounts, also a huge upgrade over the SkyTrak or this

I say get one then.

$2k is a lot of money, more than I have any justifiable reason to spend right now. but if I take that plunge, it better f'ing work. from what you keep saying, i'm not confident in that.

I’m exclusively using my SkyTrak in the garage, but it has been fantastic! I also got the TGC2019 software with the SkyTrak. The Mevo+ setup requires more space, which factored into my decision. If I were using the product outdoors, I may have considered the Mevo+, but garage-only it was no contest.

I preordered one about a week and a half ago. Currently they at minimum test and ship the US units through their South Africa office which is closed. There's no real estimate when that will open up again, so it will be a while before they get over the Corona hump.

From everything I've read and seen, there are pluses and minuses compared to the Skytrak.

Skytrak struggles in light, and since I'm hitting this outdoors without much shade that pushed to the Mevo+. Skytrak requires A LOT less space. Mevo+ works best with at least 7 feet from the unit to the tee and 10 feet of ball flight. With unlimited flight (ie the range) it is said that the Mevo+ is very accurate for the price.
I use my Skytrak in my backyard (outdoors) and have had no issues with it. I use it on a Fiberbuilt golf mat.

Last edited:

I would probably own a SkyTrak if there weren’t so many reported issues with using it out in sunlight. It’s such a hole in the proverbial tire.

...I just think we are 1-2 years away from something that provides a fair bit of accuracy and overall good experience.
I've been keeping an eye on all the simulators, and I think I'm going to wait it out. Any of them are a serious enough cash outlay to be beyond 'impulse purchase' territory for me, and I just can't justify laying out that kind of coin for something that may or may not even be giving me useful numbers.

fwiw, I did a fair share of research before preordering. There are definitely some that have had mixed experiences. Units with the spin axis issue were sent back to Flightscope. There's a lot of units that seem to be working well, too. If I get the results most reviewers have gotten I'd be very happy. There's a risk though, for sure.

You also need to have one level of flooring for the mevo +, from the 7-8' behind you to the screen. Differences in heights of flooring will throw off your results. So won't work at a range with mats, etc.

Last edited:
Back