MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

If that has a lithium battery and I believe its remote that’s a great deal. If the Canadian US border was open I’d be driving across probably to pick one up, in Canada it’s well over two grand for one of those plus tax.
Dang thats crazy!!!

I am 52 and very active. I think there is sometimes a stigma attached to using a motorized push cart that you can’t handle the rigors of self pushing a cart. I hate riding, I only use that option when it’s absolutely necessary or mandatory.
Think of it as having a caddie with you at all times.

From lazy lard arses that can’t even walk to the car lot at the end of their round, let alone walk 18 you mean?
I was going to say the only stigma I see from people about push carts is that they won't walk and they want you to stop walking to make them feel better about not walking. Also this is probably going to be my next big golf purchase. Should be able to save by the end of next year to get it depending on my club purchases of course LOL!

This is still on my radar, just can't decide.

I am 52 and very active. I think there is sometimes a stigma attached to using a motorized push cart that you can’t handle the rigors of self pushing a cart. I hate riding, I only use that option when it’s absolutely necessary or mandatory.

There is definitely a stigma although there are some guys in their 40’s that have them at my club. Two of the guys in my Wednesday men’s league foursome have them but the are both 15 years older than me. I walk all but a few rounds a year at my home club and it really doesn’t bother me to push my bag boy around. I’m out against a motorized one I’m just not sure that it helps me in anyway as I’m not tired after my rounds even when playing multiple days in a row.

I’d be more tempted to pick one up but in two years 90% of my golf will be at a different club that is not at all walker friendly. Some of the tees are 300+ yards from the previous green and one of the courses finishes 1000 yards from the clubhouse.

There is definitely a stigma although there are some guys in their 40’s that have them at my club. Two of the guys in my Wednesday men’s league foursome have them but the are both 15 years older than me. I walk all but a few rounds a year at my home club and it really doesn’t bother me to push my bag boy around. I’m out against a motorized one I’m just not sure that it helps me in anyway as I’m not tired after my rounds even when playing multiple days in a row.

I’d be more tempted to pick one up but in two years 90% of my golf will be at a different club that is not at all walker friendly. Some of the tees are 300+ yards from the previous green and one of the courses finishes 1000 yards from the clubhouse.
What makes you know that you are switching clubs in two years, a waiting list or something?

For me, it is not an issue of being tired after 18 holes. I actually carried my bag some this year, just because I wanted the exercise. I went on multiple strenuous day hikes of 12 miles or more throughout the year, no problem. I have had multiple back injuries. While I am in no way debilitated by them, my neck and left shoulder can stiffen during the course of a round. Sometimes, my entire left shoulder will go into a spasm that is quite painful. Using the power cart, I can have my hands free while walking and do some stretching through my back, shoulders and even lower back/hips area, arriving at my ball loose and ready to swing. I could not do this if I had to have my hand resting on a Clickgear, pushing it along. So, for somebody like me, who is in reasonably good shape, a powered cart can still be a game changer. It actually allows me to stretch in between shots in ways that even a riding cart does not permit.

Last edited:
I also would add for some who say that there is a stigma, it may be true, but, I also get comments from people every single round about how cool it is and it is obvious that they are genuine, positive comments. I am long past caring about what other people think of me, but for every person who looks down his/her nose, there are people who wished they had one.

What makes you know that you are switching clubs in two years, a waiting list or something?

For me, it is not an issue of being tired after 18 holes. I actually carried my bag some this year, just because I wanted the exercise. I went on multiple strenuous day hikes of 12 miles or more throughout the year, no problem. I have had multiple back injuries. While I am in no way debilitated by them, my neck and left shoulder can stiffen during the course of a round. Sometimes, my entire left shoulder will go into a spasm that is quite painful. Using the power cart, I can have my hands free while walking and do some stretching through my back, shoulders and even lower back/hips area, arriving at my ball loose and ready to swing. I could not do this if I had to have my hand resting on a Clickgear, pushing it along. So, for somebody like me, who is in reasonably good shape, a powered cart can still be a game changer. It actually allows me to stretch in between shots in ways that even a riding cart does not permit.

We are selling our primary residence when our youngest graduates in 2.5 years and will be spending 6 months at our reitrement home 130 miles north of us for 6 months and the other 6 months in Florida. In the summer all my golf including cart fees is included in the $2,200 membership at the unwalkable 36 hole resort course a few miles away. I'm not likely to join a club in Florida so I will be mostly riding resort and public courses during the winter as well.

I switched to a push cart two years ago and love it but I find it easy enough to walk with the push cart than I don't need to make it any easier. I played 61 rounds at my home club last summer and walked all but 27 holes. Even when I walk the course a few days a week the majority of my exercise is off the golf course either in the gym, cycling, and long walks with my wife. When my wife retires in the next year or so I anticipate my non-golf exercise to jump as she loves to do a 5-7 mile walk every day she is not working. We will be walking daily in Florida between tomorrow and January 3rd and I'll guess that my Apple watch will record about 180 miles over that time. She pushes the walking envelope enough that I will happily riding a cart for close to all my rounds once she is done working.

We are selling our primary residence when our youngest graduates in 2.5 years and will be spending 6 months at our reitrement home 130 miles north of us for 6 months and the other 6 months in Florida. In the summer all my golf including cart fees is included in the $2,200 membership at the unwalkable 36 hole resort course a few miles away. I'm not likely to join a club in Florida so I will be mostly riding resort and public courses during the winter as well.

I switched to a push cart two years ago and love it but I find it easy enough to walk with the push cart than I don't need to make it any easier. I played 61 rounds at my home club last summer and walked all but 27 holes. Even when I walk the course a few days a week the majority of my exercise is off the golf course either in the gym, cycling, and long walks with my wife. When my wife retires in the next year or so I anticipate my non-golf exercise to jump as she loves to do a 5-7 mile walk every day she is not working. We will be walking daily in Florida between tomorrow and January 3rd and I'll guess that my Apple watch will record about 180 miles over that time. She pushes the walking envelope enough that I will happily riding a cart for close to all my rounds once she is done working.
It’s wonderful that you have been able to create a life that allows you to spend six months in each place. I am sure you worked very hard to achieve these objectives.

It’s wonderful that you have been able to create a life that allows you to spend six months in each place. I am sure you worked very hard to achieve these objectives.

Lot's of hard work and a better half that is damn good at what she does. Some would say I was kinda cheap and had a knack for saving and picking stocks, others would say we got lucky and were in the right place at the right time. Maybe it's all of the above. :)

I had an electric push cart in my early 30’s back in the UK and saw plenty of people younger than me with them.
Pushing and pulling a cart is not good long term for the back (although I believe I read pushing is preferable to pulling). As someone that already has a fairly screwed up back, a cart that does all the work is a must for me. I feel so much better at the end of the round. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again...... an electric push cart is one of those things you don’t really think you need, but once you’ve had one, you wonder how the hell you lived without one for so long!

Last edited:
I am really serious about getting an electric cart. It's a pretty confusing bunch of choices out there. You guys seem to think the Zip's the way to go huh?

I am really serious about getting an electric cart. It's a pretty confusing bunch of choices out there. You guys seem to think the Zip's the way to go huh?
When my back required surgical intervention in the late spring of 2019, I decided when I was able to play again, I would use an electric push cart. I researched every option then available, including from the most inexpensive, the Alphard e-wheels, that retrofit into a push cart, to the most expensive Stewart carts, that have the follow features. The Zip Navigator is the one that came out on top for me. It’s kind of in a mid-price point, although still not inexpensive by any means. Its quality and features satisfied what I was looking for, without going the most expensive route. Other carts have been introduced since I purchased mine in the spring of 2019, but, from everything I can determine, this is still the way I would go if I were to be purchasing one now.

The Costco page I'm on has the sale just yesterday and today while supplies last. Maybe I'll make a phone call.

The Costco page I'm on has the sale just yesterday and today while supplies last. Maybe I'll make a phone call.
At that price, you are truly getting a great deal. I paid $1500 for mine back in ‘19.

Just got this email from Costco...seems like a good deal. What does everyone think?

View attachment 8979313
At that price, you are truly getting a great deal. I paid $1500 for mine back in ‘19.

Well thanks for the heads up and the info guys. Wifey said you didn't get anything for your 60th last month and I haven't gotten you anything for Christmas, just order it. Got my new Zip on the way. Man, I get stir-crazy amped up for golf every spring as it is and this ain't gonna quell any of that! Def a good savings.

Did you go for it robo729?

So now the questions. I'm guessing that you use the remote in more open areas and then take the handles over walk bridges and narrow pathways, is that right? My buddies both hold their handles the whole time as I think they just prefer that. The videos all show the remote mode out in the open.

I would think that the go-forward-30-yards-and-stop option would come in handy quite a lot.

Well thanks for the heads up and the info guys. Wifey said you didn't get anything for your 60th last month and I haven't gotten you anything for Christmas, just order it. Got my new Zip on the way. Man, I get stir-crazy amped up for golf every spring as it is and this ain't gonna quell any of that! Def a good savings.

That is awesome you grabbed one!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

i did not go for it. Spoke to my regular foursome about walking consigned year and we have decided to go in a different direction with our courses and amount of rounds next year. We will be playing a rotation of 5-6 course 2-3 times a month. 4 of those courses do not make walking a so called walk in the park. I did discuss seriously with the wife and she had signed off on it. But for the few times I would be using it a month I will stick with my BagBoy push cart for now. I now can use the money to look for a new set irons.
I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to some more feedback on it.

So now the questions. I'm guessing that you use the remote in more open areas and then take the handles over walk bridges and narrow pathways, is that right? My buddies both hold their handles the whole time as I think they just prefer that. The videos all show the remote mode out in the open.

I would think that the go-forward-30-yards-and-stop option would come in handy quite a lot.
I use the remote virtually all the time. About the only time I don’t is when I am going up a really steep incline, when I put a hand under the handle, just to steady it.

I played with my mate for the first time since he picked one of these up. This thing is seriously legit!!!! Firstly, the build quality is fantastic. On some power carts, it can be a little sketchy, but the navigator is built to last. And the ease of use is superb. The thing can turn on a dime, and thanks to the gyros, it holds its line so you are currently fiddling with it. My mate sent it off up the fairway to his ball after each shot and let it do it’s thing. He loves it. I’ve always felt you look a bit of a knob with one of these things, but I don’t really care anymore. I can see me getting one of these, especially if Costco redo that price. Really REALLY impressed with these carts.

I played with my mate for the first time since he picked one of these up. This thing is seriously legit!!!! Firstly, the build quality is fantastic. On some power carts, it can be a little sketchy, but the navigator is built to last. And the ease of use is superb. The thing can turn on a dime, and thanks to the gyros, it holds its line so you are currently fiddling with it. My mate sent it off up the fairway to his ball after each shot and let it do it’s thing. He loves it. I’ve always felt you look a bit of a knob with one of these things, but I don’t really care anymore. I can see me getting one of these, especially if Costco redo that price. Really REALLY impressed with these carts.
Have been looking for some more reviews, this is a good one.
So no issues climbing hills? Bag fitment was good, didn't move around at all?

I keep trying to tell everybody who will listen.

Have been looking for some more reviews, this is a good one.
So no issues climbing hills? Bag fitment was good, didn't move around at all?

So he did tip it over once, which I must admit, made me laugh harder than I have for a long time. In his defense though, the next tee was quite a way down from the green we were on, and I think he rolled it going down the kerb on the cart path. Bag didn’t move at all (he has a Ping hoofer) and in normal operation, it wasn’t close to tipping. We even tried to get it to wheelie going up a hill. It was so stable, it didn’t even use the little stabilizer wheel at the back. I can say pretty much without any doubt, anyone that buys one of these, will not be disappointed. It really is that good!!!!

Back