MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

I got a chance to play 10 holes with my new Zip yesterday. What absolute heaven! It was cold and we're off season here with temp pins so I had the place to myself and played two balls. My questions going in were how distracting is managing the buggy around the course and how well does it take the terrain? Well it couldn't be simpler to navigate the machine; the controls are handy and intuitive so it doesn't take much getting used to. Still, I was glad that I had played around with it some in the yard.

yrwy0dS.jpg

As you can see, our front side has a good deal of elevation change and the machine handled all terrain without threat of tipping. We have one steep bank between our 4th green and 5th tee so I just held my hand under the handle for the 6 steps it took to go up it. I could navigate it around the bank but it's no big deal to just hold it.

I used the remote the entire time and had no trouble with any bumps or banks off the paths. It was simply a joy to walk along and I was hitting the ball well. Piped two right down the middle on 18, my final hole. Legs were definitely not feeling the walk like when I had to push.

It was 35 degrees yesterday but I'm heading in for carpal tunnel release surgery this morning so it was the only chance I would have for a while. It's no big deal. I had the other wrist done last new year's eve and was hitting balls 11 days later.

So if you're on the fence, add me to Tenputt's list of converts. The zip is amazing!

I got a chance to play 10 holes with my new Zip yesterday. What absolute heaven! It was cold and we're off season here with temp pins so I had the place to myself and played two balls. My questions going in were how distracting is managing the buggy around the course and how well does it take the terrain? Well it couldn't be simpler to navigate the machine; the controls are handy and intuitive so it doesn't take much getting used to. Still, I was glad that I had played around with it some in the yard.

yrwy0dS.jpg

As you can see, our front side has a good deal of elevation change and the machine handled all terrain without threat of tipping. We have one steep bank between our 4th green and 5th tee so I just held my hand under the handle for the 6 steps it took to go up it. I could navigate it around the bank but it's no big deal to just hold it.

I used the remote the entire time and had no trouble with any bumps or banks off the paths. It was simply a joy to walk along and I was hitting the ball well. Piped two right down the middle on 18, my final hole. Legs were definitely not feeling the walk like when I had to push.

It was 35 degrees yesterday but I'm heading in for carpal tunnel release surgery this morning so it was the only chance I would have for a while. It's no big deal. I had the other wrist done last new year's eve and was hitting balls 11 days later.

So if you're on the fence, add me to Tenputt's list of converts. The zip is amazing!
Good info. Sounds like it worked as advertised.

Picked mine up Saturday, only have a ‘hybrid stand bag’ as used to carrying, which is tricky as it doesn’t sit that well on the buggy.
Play on two courses, one super hilly and one flat with lots of bunkers, coped really well with the hills, then calmly drove it into a greenside bunker on the flat one, but got out fairly easily and carried on! Absolutely love it and playing more than 18 is far easier than carrying.

Picked mine up Saturday, only have a ‘hybrid stand bag’ as used to carrying, which is tricky as it doesn’t sit that well on the buggy.
Play on two courses, one super hilly and one flat with lots of bunkers, coped really well with the hills, then calmly drove it into a greenside bunker on the flat one, but got out fairly easily and carried on! Absolutely love it and playing more than 18 is far easier than carrying.
What? You drove it into a bunker? 😂

Yeah, look. I hit a very nice shot into a par 3 and decided to flex by grabbing my putter and driving my buggy round the green to the next tee and just walking to my ball with my putter. Forgot there was a bunker protecting the back of the green. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Lot's of hard work and a better half that is damn good at what she does. Some would say I was kinda cheap and had a knack for saving and picking stocks, others would say we got lucky and were in the right place at the right time. Maybe it's all of the above. :)
Your wife is in my industry. It's a fantastic industry to be a hard working intelligent person in. Very rewarding. You worked hard too. Glad you're enjoying your retirement!

Well obviously my surgery went well yesterday....looking forward to relief from that nagging numbness.

I sent my zip toward the 18th tee and stopped it the other day. I was at the 12th temp pin when I leaned over to pick up a ball with the remote in my pocket and I accidentally started it going forward. In 15ft it would have tumbled down the very steep bank to the 17th green! That reminded me of...I think it was Tenputt's advice...never leave it pointed in a risky direction. I'll add "lock it in your pocket" as I hadn't turned on the lock feature.

I only had it in my pocket because it was so cold and my pullover covered my belt clip. One improvement I would suggest to MGI is a quick release belt clip for the remote. I hunt birds with my setter and he wears a Garmin GPS collar while my hand held unit clips to my belt with a locking quick release clip. The Zip remote has a belt clip but only the kind that hooks over the belt. They aren't convenient for removing and replacing easily. I discovered that an extra clip from my Garmin set up slipped nice and snug over the existing clip on the remote. Two turns of electrical tape and it's secure. Now I can just clip it to my belt device and retrieve it and replace it with ease. Maybe I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see it. Returning it to the holder under the handle repeatedly is cumbersome. There are times when you want to leave it at the cart and times when you want to take it with you like when you send the unit toward the next tee.

I have now seen this carts in my local PGA Superstore and Worldwide Golf Shops (called “Uinta Golf” in my area). I am happy to see more retailers making this available to see in person. It is such a wonderful product.

I have now seen this carts in my local PGA Superstore and Worldwide Golf Shops (called “Uinta Golf” in my area). I am happy to see more retailers making this available to see in person. It is such a wonderful product.

How long before clubs have them to rent? I'm definitely going to suggest it to our pro. It would be so easy to hand the customer a charged battery and remote. So much easier than getting the electric riding carts all hooked up for re-charge. Our club wants the carts back in by 7:00pm and in the summer there's still two more hours to play. These wouldn't need to be in early; just plugged into a strip somewhere.

....and man does having one in my basement get me crazy about this season!

Well obviously my surgery went well yesterday....looking forward to relief from that nagging numbness.

I sent my zip toward the 18th tee and stopped it the other day. I was at the 12th temp pin when I leaned over to pick up a ball with the remote in my pocket and I accidentally started it going forward. In 15ft it would have tumbled down the very steep bank to the 17th green! That reminded me of...I think it was Tenputt's advice...never leave it pointed in a risky direction. I'll add "lock it in your pocket" as I hadn't turned on the lock feature.

I only had it in my pocket because it was so cold and my pullover covered my belt clip. One improvement I would suggest to MGI is a quick release belt clip for the remote. I hunt birds with my setter and he wears a Garmin GPS collar while my hand held unit clips to my belt with a locking quick release clip. The Zip remote has a belt clip but only the kind that hooks over the belt. They aren't convenient for removing and replacing easily. I discovered that an extra clip from my Garmin set up slipped nice and snug over the existing clip on the remote. Two turns of electrical tape and it's secure. Now I can just clip it to my belt device and retrieve it and replace it with ease. Maybe I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see it. Returning it to the holder under the handle repeatedly is cumbersome. There are times when you want to leave it at the cart and times when you want to take it with you like when you send the unit toward the next tee.

I agree it’s a great cart and locking the remote. It just takes a second to get used to locking the remote and I slid mine into the pocket with the clip facing out. Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to walk and play golf so returned mine to Costco last night. Best cart out there in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree it’s a great cart and locking the remote. It just takes a second to get used to locking the remote and I slid mine into the pocket with the clip facing out. Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to walk and play golf so returned mine to Costco last night. Best cart out there in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry about the knees but glad you could return it~

These bags are tough with stand bags, but I used a piece of velcro to lock in the legs and if you loop the top attachment strap through the handle on the bags it will stay pretty well.

I remember one of the first times I used the bag someplace other than my home courses. It was in the Long Island Am this past summer, and it was 100* and humid when I teed off at 1:00 (great tee time during a heat wave, carts not allowed but they did allow electric push carts). I was getting my butt kicked on the back nine and was getting alternating cramps between my back and abs. I mailed it in by number 16, and was just trying to survive the round. On 17 I was driving the cart around the back off a green from a distance as I walked up the front of the green. I didn't see the large pot bunker and down went the cart and bag. To add insult to injury I had to drag that thing out, bag filled with sand, had the fix the bunker I made a huge mess of, and then finish the last two. Amazing I didn't no card and walk in there. o_O

These bags are tough with stand bags, but I used a piece of velcro to lock in the legs and if you loop the top attachment strap through the handle on the bags it will stay pretty well.

I remember one of the first times I used the bag someplace other than my home courses. It was in the Long Island Am this past summer, and it was 100* and humid when I teed off at 1:00 (great tee time during a heat wave, carts not allowed but they did allow electric push carts). I was getting my butt kicked on the back nine and was getting alternating cramps between my back and abs. I mailed it in by number 16, and was just trying to survive the round. On 17 I was driving the cart around the back off a green from a distance as I walked up the front of the green. I didn't see the large pot bunker and down went the cart and bag. To add insult to injury I had to drag that thing out, bag filled with sand, had the fix the bunker I made a huge mess of, and then finish the last two. Amazing I didn't no card and walk in there. o_O
The bags I use (Vessel) have a built in velcro strap to secure the legs at the bottom. For sure it is an issue. The way that the bags sit in the cart, the leg mechanism is engaged.

The bags I use (Vessel) have a built in velcro strap to secure the legs at the bottom. For sure it is an issue. The way that the bags sit in the cart, the leg mechanism is engaged.
I use the vessel players stand 2.0 now as well. Another nice feature of this bag is that the carry straps pop off real easy when you are using it on the cart.

I just received my Zip Navigator, but haven't had a chance to use it. I did figure out though to lock the remote when not using. I was putting it together in the kitchen and threw the remote on the chair and went to the garage, when I came back in, it was flying around the kitchen and knocked over the wine fridge. Wifey not happy

I was waiting for it to happen, and sure enough it did. My buddy sent the cart off to the next tee whilst he went to the green to putt. He didn’t hit that stop button quite as hard as he thought, because as he turned his back, the cart went careering across the tee box, down a bank the other side and into a load of scrub LOL. Thankfully the scrub was thick enough to stop and tip the cart over otherwise the thing would have ended up in a busy road.

I was waiting for it to happen, and sure enough it did. My buddy sent the cart off to the next tee whilst he went to the green to putt. He didn’t hit that stop button quite as hard as he thought, because as he turned his back, the cart went careering across the tee box, down a bank the other side and into a load of scrub LOL. Thankfully the scrub was thick enough to stop and tip the cart over otherwise the thing would have ended up in a busy road.
Happened to me with an earlier BagBoy Navigator. Cart went over tee box into the deepest part of a Par 3 lake. Pushed stop button but did not respond. I am more careful with my MGI Zip Navigator AT but you need to remember to hit the Lock button before you put the remote in your pocket. I have accidentally done this several times.

Finally used the cart yesterday. Should have bought it 2 years ago. It doesn't do well crossing a cart path head on from the grass. Learned you have to hit it at an angle. Also learned to lock the remote before shoving it in your pocket.

Finally used the cart yesterday. Should have bought it 2 years ago. It doesn't do well crossing a cart path head on from the grass. Learned you have to hit it at an angle. Also learned to lock the remote before shoving it in your pocket.

Nice.

Do you agree that having it out in front of you is important? I wouldn't want it following behind me where I can't see it going over such patches.

I keep trying to tell people that they will not regret the purchase.

Nice.

Do you agree that having it out in front of you is important? I wouldn't want it following behind me where I can't see it going over such patches.
This is the very reason I would never regret not having a type that follows me. These things are not fool proof and I would want to be able to watch it in front of me unless I am always playing a very flat course, which is almost impossible here in Utah.

Last edited:
This is the very reason I would never regret not having a type that follows me. These things are fool proof and I would want to be able to watch it in front of me unless I am always playing a very flat course, which is almost impossible here in Utah.

Yeah, and how do you direct the follow type toward the next tee? Do you have to walk the path to get it to follow? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Yeah, and how do you direct the follow type toward the next tee? Do you have to walk the path to get it to follow? Maybe there's something I'm missing.
I meant to say “not fool proof.” LOL. I would guess that the follow feature can be turned on or off, not sure, but I really would prefer always to have the cart in front of me.

This is the very reason I would never regret not having a type that follows me. These things are not fool proof and I would want to be able to watch it in front of me unless I am always playing a very flat course, which is almost impossible here in Utah.
This doesn't follow. I tried the follow type and didn't like it, some our paths are tight and steep and the cart had a hard time following me. Plus I walk fast and never is a straight line so the follow me cart was like, WTF and stopped following me numerous times.

This doesn't follow. I tried the follow type and didn't like it, some our paths are tight and steep and the cart had a hard time following me. Plus I walk fast and never is a straight line so the follow me cart was like, WTF and stopped following me numerous times.
Yeah, mine hasn’t followed me once in the two years I have owned it. 😂

Last edited:
I enjoy reading the reviews and had some good laughs here. Still high on the ponder list for me.

I enjoy reading the reviews and had some good laughs here. Still high on the ponder list for me.
I've owned 4 different ones, Battcaddy (X2), Kangaroo, and another one. This one is the best so far. Spend the extra money up front. I learned the hard way and wasted money on the others

Back