Review MGI Zip Navigator Electric Golf Caddy

Its pretty heavy at around 30 pounds without battery and 35 with, but definitely not bad and not crazier heavier than other push carts
Thanks and nice write up per usual. Does look like fun to use.

Do you have the normal Navigator or the AT?

I have written about this cart previously and maybe even started a thread on it. I honestly can’t remember.

I have had mine for almost two years. I walk as much as possible. I look at it as being a benefit to spending 4 hours on a golf course. However, my back was struggling mightily two years ago and I wanted to find a solution. I looked into electric carts. After a bunch of research,, this one rose to the top, for a variety of reasons. It is mid-priced when it comes to this type of product. Having used it for more than a hundred rounds, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It has made a huge difference on my back. It has not given me a moment’s trouble. It functions well. It folds up nicely in a car.

I honestly think the follow feature is overrated, but that is based upon using this cart and trying to conceive how much of a difference it would make, particularly when you have to spend $700 or so more to get it. The remote works fantastic and I actually would rather have the cart in front of me than worry about whether it is continuing to follow me from behind. I would keep looking back, I am afraid. There are forum members who have follow carts and they could speak to the value of this feature.

The cart has no issue whatsoever going downhill. Going up a very steep slope, which I have all the time on my mountain courses, the wheelie wheel that sticks out behind helps a great deal. However, I still will keep my hand on the back of the handle on the steepest of slopes (particularly if not on a cart path), just as a safeguard.

I am happy to answer any questions, since I really have a lot of experience with this product.

I did a lot of research on these carts before I bought something this year and this was almost ordered on several occasions. The only reason I don't own one was they were sold out at the time - absolutely great cart

It seems that my front wheels swivel independent of the cart, so I assume AT. I will check this evening and correct this post if I am wrong.

I luv the new feature that yells at you to move it once the cart detects slow play

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
Where can someone demo this?

Good question. I don't know many shops that have them in stock. I know World Wide Golf (Roger Dunn, Edwin Watts, etc) sells them online only.

I've had one since July and probably have 40 rounds on it. The AT model from Costco.

Pro's
- extremely good battery life (I get 3-4 rounds on a charge)
- remote range is awesome
- very powerful

Con's
- lack of storage
- my Sun Mountain 2.0 is too light and doesn't stay settled
- accessories are of mediocre quality/utility

It's not the smallest or lightest. And when going up a steep slope, you want to be holding it, because it can tip over. I wanted the "follow" feature, but couldn't find a good cart that had it without spending a good deal more. I wish it were a little more compact when folded and had some storage. I'll eventually need to spring for a golf bag that works better with it, as my 3 pound carry bag isn't the best match

I've had one since July and probably have 40 rounds on it. The AT model from Costco.

Pro's
- extremely good battery life (I get 3-4 rounds on a charge)
- remote range is awesome
- very powerful

Con's
- lack of storage
- my Sun Mountain 2.0 is too light and doesn't stay settled
- accessories are of mediocre quality/utility

It's not the smallest or lightest. And when going up a steep slope, you want to be holding it, because it can tip over. I wanted the "follow" feature, but couldn't find a good cart that had it without spending a good deal more. I wish it were a little more compact when folded and had some storage. I'll eventually need to spring for a golf bag that works better with it, as my 3 pound carry bag isn't the best match
Overall, I think your assessment is very accurate. Nicely written. I would maintain, however, that it is not very difficult to fold up and place in the back of a car.

Electric push carts are one of those things that you never realize you need. Until you get one. Then you wonder how the hell you ever lived without one. I’ve said it before, but the markup on carts over here is ridiculous. I don’t need or want the remote feature, but even without, the model I have is a grand brand new. I’m a big fan of hillbilly carts. I had one back home that would have survived a nuclear blast. Back home, 250 quid, or about $320. Over here, $600!!!! It’s ridiculous!

Overall, I think your assessment is very accurate. Nicely written. I would maintain, however, that it is not very difficult to fold up and place in the back of a car.

Sure - not that hard. The problem is getting 2 bags and this cart and the manual push cart my wife uses into 1 car. If we ever got a 2nd one, we'd need to remove the wheels to get our gear to the course.

One question I have - how stable is this on steep slopes? I have played courses (and there are a couple points on my home course) where there are slopes that are steep enough to cause a trolley to tip over backwards when going up a slope if they aren't held by the user

I don't ever see myself moving to a remote trolley like this, but especially at that price point - I could purchase 2 standard electric trolleys for the price of that particular one
A buddy of mine purchased one of these at the beginning of the year. As long as you are on grass or cartpath the unit is quite stable (obviously you can always tip it if you really try, but that's true for any cart) Having the motors and battery at the same plane as the axles creates a very low centre of gravity. We played a course together that had a lot of waste bunkers and he took it through and it handled the soft sand better than I expected. It never really tipped over, but it did get stuck a couple of times.

I have had remote controlled golf carts for probably seven or eight years now and started because what other THP’ers noted, a wonky back. I currently walk between 100 and 125 rounds a year and had no issues with the remote cart.

Unfortunately my current remote cart after five years decided to have some electrical issues this summer and I had to resort back to my original Clicgear I haven’t been able to figure out what the problem is with my remote cart so unless I win the lottery I’m gonna be back pushing for the next little while.

The MGI Navigator was my first choice for my next cart but as mentioned it’s not cheap but is very good quality.

It seems that my front wheels swivel independent of the cart, so I assume AT. I will check this evening and correct this post if I am wrong.
I have the AT with the swivel front wheels and my buddy has the fixed front wheel version. Do not see much real difference on the course but the AT turns easier with the swivel wheels. MGI (manufacturer of the Bag Boy Navigator as well) keeps getting better with each iteration. I walk 150 plus rounds per year.

My front wheels definitely swivel independently of the cart, so I have the AT version, although I didn’t realize there were two versions when I purchased it.

I have the normal Navigator, my wife has the AT, hers is more stable . Having said that, mine is not unstable. The normal Navigator does fold up a bit smaller with the two front wheels being narrower than the AT‘s front wheels.

I have the normal Navigator, my wife has the AT, hers is more stable . Having said that, mine is not unstable. The normal Navigator does fold up a bit smaller with the two front wheels being narrower than the AT‘s front wheels.
Wow, a two Navigator family.

This is an example of the type of slopes I have to traverse at my home course. When it is this steep, I simply place a hand under the handles of the Zip Navigator and push up a little to allow the cart to remain stable. It still is so much easier than pushing a cart up the hill.

F77F093D-AD3B-4088-82AB-DF1A6CABE03A.jpeg

$1500 is a lot of money! For that, I would really want the follow feature.
I purchased mine from Costco for $1399. It has a remote control feature, along with several other attachments. One of the main reasons I purchased one, is to be able to walk and get exercise. Being in my 60's, I can handle the walking, but my back will not allow me to carry my clubs.I love mine!

Best thing about pushcart mafia is foldability/portability. Two golfs bags and two of these would be a truckload!
Not at all, It folds up very compact.

@JB The course I belong to can only get these. Would I be making mistake in purchasing the MGI X3?

Back