Michelle Wie Likes Shamrock Shakes

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/mar/22/mcdonalds-signs-wie-sponsorship-deal/

Michelle Wie has been on a pretty nice run. First, she emerged at the Solheim Cup last summer as a player to be feared, then she notched her first LPGA victory in Mexico. Now, she is super-sizing her sponsorship deals.

A month after signing an endorsement contract with Kia, Wie agreed to a two-year deal with McDonald’s – making her the first professional golfer to represent the famed golden arches since Greg Norman more than a decade ago.

“Michelle is relevant to an Asian consumer market that we’re trying to penetrate and has broad appeal to young adults, women and the general audience,” said John Lewicki, McDonald’s director of alliance marketing, noting her strong “Q scores.”

Wie alluded to her new role as a spokesperson and brand ambassador in a Facebook posting on March 21: “I have some really exciting news to share with you guys..tomorrow!” she wrote. “I will give you one clue, ba-ba-ba-ba-baaaaa!”

The new relationship was announced following the filming of a McDonald’s commercial that will feature Wie having fun on the golf course and then celebrating afterwards with friends at McDonald’s. The ad campaign is slated to launch the week of April 20 and will be available in five languages: Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), English, Korean and Taglish. The commercial will air only domestically, but McDonald’s is using multiple languages for U.S.-based Asian media.

“It will have a heavy rotation in the Asian consumer market and some general market rotation, too,” Lewicki said.

In addition to the commercial, Wie’s agreement with McDonald’s includes her participation in several McDonald’s programs and promotional opportunities focused on educational achievement.

Wie will be carrying a McCafé-branded water bottle during the upcoming Kia Classic in support of her new partnership with McDonald’s.

NikeGolf

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
How do we know she likes Shamrock Shakes?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin

NikeGolf

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
That is fantastic! Great for M.W. It is always good to see an LPGA lady get some limelight.

NikeGolf: Why take that tone? Why bash the forum owner? I have talked to you in PM's before and you told me that you were a really nice person in real life, buy why can't you be nice here on the boards? I am personally sick of your posts and how you stir up everybody for no apparent reason. I really feel sorry for you because if that is the way you see the world, you will die old and alone. I am sick as hell of your crap and really wish you would just be alone in your misery or straighten up and get along with the rest of us. I am sinking beneath myself in posting this, but unlike real life, I have to live with your boorish behavior here on the forums. I know your response will be to ignore you, and I wold love to, but then I would have to un-ignore you just to see what you said to make everybody upset.

Last edited:

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
That is fantastic! Great for M.W. It is always good to see an LPGA lady get some limelight.

NikeGolf: Why take that tone? Why bash the forum owner? I have talked to you in PM's before and you told me that you were a really nice person in real life, buy why can't you be nice here on the boards? I am personally sick of your posts and how you stir up everybody for no apparent reason. I really feel sorry for you because if that is the way you see the world, you will die old and alone. I am sick as hell of your crap and really wish you would just be alone in your misery or straighten up and get along with the rest of us. I am sinking beneath myself in posting this, but unlike real life, I have to live with your boorish behavior here on the forums. I know your response will be to ignore you, and I wold love to, but then I would have to un-ignore you just to see what you said to make everybody upset.
+1
I liked the title. and also, I hope she takes on the McDonalds Frenchfries headcovers.

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
or........GImme back that filet o fish, gimme that fish.....ahhhh

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Whoohoo for Michelle Wie...I was humming the theme song just now :)

I'll be seeing her on Saturday, I can't wait :twist:

Rancho_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Since they're sponsoring her, I wonder if they'll sponsor another tournament then? Maybe the Tour Championship in November? That would be great for the LPGA.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought it was a great title as well. I wonder if she likes the McRib, she would become my new dream women.

The only thing that always bugs me about these deals are that you know these athletes arent eating at McDonalds. I mean, was I really supposed to buy that the United States Olympic team eats at McDonalds when they are in the Olympic village.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was a great title as well. I wonder if she likes the McRib, she would become my new dream women.

The only thing that always bugs me about these deals are that you know these athletes arent eating at McDonalds. I mean, was I really supposed to buy that the United States Olympic team eats at McDonalds when they are in the Olympic village.
They werent? hehe

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice

There really was a McDonalds inside Olympic Village, and apparently it did quite well too.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I think it's great for her and women's golf as a whole. McD's is a marketing machine certainly capable of bringing more attention to Michelle and women's golf. Hope they end up sponsoring a tournament or two.

I hope she likes the McRib too, maybe even lobbies to makes it a permanent fixture. Just sayin.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
I hope she likes the McRib too, maybe even lobbies to makes it a permanent fixture. Just sayin.
Thats a great idea, she could be the voice of the voiceless. We should flood her twitter account about it. Its the year 2010, there is no reason that the McRib should be on limited release.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats a great idea, she could be the voice of the voiceless. We should flood her twitter account about it. Its the year 2010, there is no reason that the McRib should be on limited release.
She could make the Shamrock shake a staple as well. They could sell them at LPGA events.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
Amen to that, they had it limited time, but now its gone. I never got to try it.
Well Dent, I would love to tell you that you didnt miss much but I cant. You missed a little taste of heaven in the form of a boneless rib. Long live the McRib.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
I wish Canada had the McRib.
If the McRib is still around for the get together I'll snag you one. We have them here now so cross your fingers that it will last through Easter.

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Well Dent, I would love to tell you that you didnt miss much but I cant. You missed a little taste of heaven in the form of a boneless rib. Long live the McRib.
Is yours only limited time too? Maybe it's coming back here.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in