Michelle Wie to join CBS broadcast team

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
This makes sense after so many years of dealing with injuries. I didn't think it would be too long before we saw her in this role. I think she will be great! She understands golf, will be engaging and hopefully bring her fun personality to the screen. Also, she will finally go to the masters.

Oh yeah Trevor Immelman will be a regular now as well... haha

I saw this as a completely natural move for her. I really wish she hadn't fought so many injuries over the years, I hope she paves a new path of success and doesn't get stuck in the trap of "oh what could have been."

I saw this as a completely natural move for her. I really wish she hadn't fought so many injuries over the years, I hope she paves a new path of success and doesn't get stuck in the trap of "oh what could have been."

I agree, I think this will be a good move. She could be a nice change of pace after Costis and McCord. While I think those two got railroaded a bit. I think change can be good.

I'll be curious to see how Michelle does, her personality seems like it would do well, but time will tell, the Immelman thing I hate, he just doesn't move the needle for me, and lately has become a deterrent for my viewing, he and his brother.

I like this move, if she can't play it seems like a good fit.

I think this makes a ton of sense, from what I've seen of her in some of the other stuff she's done.

Like I hope like someone like works with her like delivery so she like doesn't sound like a valley girl.

Like I hope like someone like works with her like delivery so she like doesn't sound like a valley girl.

That is my one concern. But, if done well even that could work I guess..

Guess I won't be seeing her play in the Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions in Orlando in January. Hope she does well in the role. She certainly can't be any worse than that numbskull Azinger.

Guess I won't be seeing her play in the Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions in Orlando in January. Hope she does well in the role. She certainly can't be any worse than that numbskull Azinger.

Careful.. There are always new depths.

Also remember Joe Buck is still out there..

Also remember Joe Buck is still out there..

He is not good but I can stomach anyone over Azinger that I have heard thus far. Mindless garbage just naturally flows from his mouth...

He is not good but I can stomach anyone over Azinger that I have heard thus far. Mindless garbage just naturally flows from his mouth...

Johnny was the best.. At least so far.

I'm a Wie fan, but man I hope she cuts down on the "you know" every 2 sentences.

I’m not a fan, but I think their entire golf announcer lineup is poor. The least irritating are Frank Bobilo and Jim Nantz. The rest I could do without.

I am lobbying for Pat Perez to be in the booth.

She seems fun, this will be an interesting fit. Hope she does well.

She's rich. She married richer. Her golf game isn't what it used to be especially after all the injuries and the hype is over.
Good move on her part to get into broadcasting.

I didnt know about any of this. Wow. For me Kostis and McCord were the only thing they had going. Besides Nantz the rest is a steaming pile. Really bad. Wie to be determined--like, you know, totally like. (Sorry..AOC slip there).

Just because a person is a professional golfer does not mean he/she can speak the English language articulately, has a voice that is pleasing to listen to, and can give us insights on the fly that are meaningful, relevant, and informative. I'm afraid none of that is Michelle. It was hard enough to listen to her in a post-round interview during her playing days, but now for an entire three-hour broadcast? Week after week? Oh, well, that's why remotes have Mute buttons.

Back