Michelle Wie WITB Winner 2018 LPGA HSBC

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Figured I would do this for the LPGA winner because I stayed up to watch this finish, and also because her bag set up is FASCINATING!

Driver: Callaway Rogue 10.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X 60x
3W: Callaway GBB Epic 15* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X
5W: Callaway Rogue 19* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X
7W: Callaway GBB Epic 21* w/Oban Devotion 7
11W: Callaway Rogue 25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana X
6-7I: Callaway Rogue Pro w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105
8-PW: Callaway X-Forged w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105
Wedges: Callaway MD4 52*/56*/60* w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 115 Wedge
Putter: Odyssey O-Works Red 1W prototype
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Now.... she doesn't have any hybrids and no iron until a 6, then has what most would consider a distance players iron, then cavity back irons going into MB Wedges. Also I find it interesting that here iron and wedge shafts are on the lighter side compared to her FW shafts.

Interesting stuff that will make me rethink my bag set up next time I change things.

Now that is an internet golfers bag.

An 11-wood. Nice.

some funny stuff on twitter about this setup. pretty crazy, but it did work!

Honestly it makes sense to me. She’s obviously very comfortable with the woods, and decent long(ish) irons with the players clubs in the scoring irons.

That’s a bag setup you don’t see everyday. But clearly it worked for her!

Maybe I should try an 11-wood ...haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems odd to go Epic, rogue, epic, rogue in her fairway woods. I would think that they would be the same line.

Pretty cool set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this has to be one of the most unique setups in ALL of professional golf!

I like her setup. That reminds me that I need to put the 7W in the bag as it has been a while. If that goes well, may be on the prowl for a 9 or 11 wood to replace the 5 hybrid.

I like her setup. That reminds me that I need to put the 7W in the bag as it has been a while. If that goes well, may be on the prowl for a 9 or 11 wood to replace the 5 hybrid.

Would love to replace my hybrid 5 with a 11 wood. Also the putter is sweet hope they release. I rolled a 1ws and really like it

Very unique setup, not something you see everyday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love it. I'm always stammering on about how most players have no business carrying a 3-5 iron, and feel somewhat vindicated in seeing her go so wood heavy. In fact, I may consider going for a 7 wood once I grow tired of my 3h since my fairway woods are my favorite clubs in the bag. Bet I could get that sucker to land soft on the green too. Hmmmmm.....

That bag is insane and something I'm not sure I could game at all, but I do love it when players are open to "whatever works".

I love it. I'm always stammering on about how most players have no business carrying a 3-5 iron, and feel somewhat vindicated in seeing her go so wood heavy. In fact, I may consider going for a 7 wood once I grow tired of my 3h since my fairway woods are my favorite clubs in the bag. Bet I could get that sucker to land soft on the green too. Hmmmmm.....

Not going to lie, I think a 5W/9W combo might be pretty sick.

Not going to lie, I think a 5W/9W combo might be pretty sick.
A 9w, to me, just seems like it'd be stupid easy to hit. Harder to get a hold of though, I'd think

Love it! Love the non-traditional approach. I really should try to hit an 9 and 11w someday. Think it would be fun!

It seems odd to go Epic, rogue, epic, rogue in her fairway woods. I would think that they would be the same line.

I found that pretty interesting also, can't for the life of me figure out why either. Gapping...maybe? Also the oddball Oban Devo 7 shaft thrown in there for kicks. Crazy interesting setup though!

I found that pretty interesting also, can't for the life of me figure out why either. Gapping...maybe? Also the oddball Oban Devo 7 shaft thrown in there for kicks. Crazy interesting setup though!

It’s got to be gapping. I can’t think why else. The odd ball shaft is another “huh” moment for sure. Shot shaping maybe??

I think @JDax and I hit an 11 wood a couple years ago at demo day. Believe it was an XR. It was dead straight every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will also say that I would totally game a 7-9-11w as long as it fit what I was looking for. I'm looking to play better. Period. My guess is that's her philosophy as well.

I have a Epic 7 wood in the bag, easy to hit and gaps perfect for me. I would think that is her reasoning for all the woods.

Future Grandaddy bag right there. Not sure I could pull off the 11 wood though.

That is trippy cool to see. Very interesting set up. Love seeing her get the win!

Back